Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THAT Is A GREAT WIN
(09-11-2016, 05:31 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: They were better than I thought.

Our OL and DL was worse than I thought. No way I would have thought they would have given away 7 sacks. And Fitz wasn't pressured that much at all with rookie OL help. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:34 PM)kevin Wrote: Who cares about predictions. The game isn't played on paper, it is played on the field.....By predictions the Browns were predicted to be in the play-offs many times over the last 15 years.  Instead they always are in last. The predictions mean nothing.  Jets won 10 games last year, that's all we need to know.  Bengals just won a great game on the road to start season. 

ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
Our linebackers looked like shit.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:30 PM)Rattler Wrote: Somebody needs to break their foot off in the O lines ass this week and give Dalton the protection he deserves.

Pleeeeeaaaaassssseeee....... do you think there is a chance the Jets defense might be even better than their last year ranking of #3?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:25 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Our first win there since 81. Another monkey off our back!

Also, Revis who?  AJ was on a mission.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:41 PM)Ft McC Wrote: Also, Revis who?  AJ was on a mission.

That catch down the sideline with tight coverage. Revis was like 'wtf' just happened.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:34 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Absolutely. I don't know if the Jets will make the playoffs, but they have a damn good Defence and a great Run D. If FitzPatrick can get something going, they'll win a good few games. Will be in the playoff mix late either way. It's not like we just crept past a trap game there, they're a good team.

Thing about Fitz is--he'll do good things.  He'll also miss open throws and do bad things too.  If the Jets had a better QB, they would be scary good.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:31 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: They were better than I thought.

They are who we thought they were.

[Image: 029C332B551368295183254437888_56fc79aced...Uly2sQeY4F]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I love that win. It's a what are you made of win.

It would be nice if our DT's didn't have to play every snap.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:39 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Our linebackers looked like shit.
They really did. We're just a different team without Burfict. 

Reply/Quote
We need to get a different center....great win today but bodine got his butt whipped
Reply/Quote
Shocking game. I will admit that i thought we might have some issues on offense with a lack of receiving threats, but I never imagined our O-line would get owned like that.

Also never thought we would allow 150+ rushing yards.

But good teams win ugly. And a road win against a team that won 10 games last year is a quality win. Nothing to be ashamed of.
Reply/Quote
BTW Nuge is money.

Suck it haters.
Reply/Quote
Not a perfect game by any stretch, but as others have said, good teams find a way to win.

Reply/Quote
Whew Dey!
Reply/Quote
I honestly can't believe the Bengals won this game. When the Jets were driving already up 7-0, I thought this was going to be a rout. My God, I am so happy my prediction was wrong.

The offensive line did get their asses whupped today, however, it was against the best defensive line they'll face all year and maybe the best one in the NFL. I fully expect a better performance next week.
Reply/Quote
Great game to watch, and great job to everyone that contributed. It was a good first game to gain momentum/confidence and learn from. I just hope the ugliness get cleared up sooner rather than later. Andy was painted red against bulls for the whole game, and we got gashed against too many running plays.
Reply/Quote
Any win is great but I cant be too happy with how they looked today. I think the Jets could have easily won that game, but a win is a win.
Reply/Quote
Hostile environment, emotional day, physical game.... A great win indeed.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:56 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: Any win is great but I cant be too happy with how they looked today. I think the Jets could have easily won that game, but a win is a win.

is there any good losses.....are there any bad wins.....well, if you get a lot of injuries a win can be bad, but that was not the case. WE won and got out without any injuries from what I saw....No, there are no good losses....and unless many injuries, there are no bad wins....Bengals must have played good, they won....Remember it is first game of season an no team will look ready for January in September. You don't even WANT to peak that fast. ....Bengals start 1-0.....You can't start any better than 1-0......16 teams will wish they started 1-0 after this week. ....Now I hope Steelers lose their game. 

Remember also it was close to 100 degrees out there adding in heat index, per TV announcers. That is not good football weather for the 300 pound guys.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote