Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THAT Is A GREAT WIN
(09-11-2016, 05:12 PM)kevin Wrote: Announcers at Halftime said it was like a play-off game atmosphere.....Nice WIN Bengals .

See....all this talk that the Bengals can't win a playoff game is garbage.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:20 PM)Beaker Wrote: See....all this talk that the Bengals can't win a playoff game is garbage.

Bengals pulled off a wonderful win today, but the fact remains we tend to unfortunately falter in a true playoff game. Legit teams remain resilient and consistent all the way through the post-season, and I wouldn't lump the Jets in there yet.

Nevertheless, I know we all like what we're seeing so far when under pressure.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:11 PM)kevin Wrote: is there any good losses.....are there any bad wins.....well, if you get a lot of injuries a win can be bad, but that was not the case. WE won and got out without any injuries from what I saw....No, there are no good losses....and unless many injuries, there are no bad wins....Bengals must have played good, they won....Remember it is first game of season an no team will look ready for January in September. You don't even WANT to peak that fast. ....Bengals start 1-0.....You can't start any better than 1-0......16 teams will wish they started 1-0 after this week. ....Now I hope Steelers lose their game. 

Remember also it was close to 100 degrees out there adding in heat index, per TV announcers.  That is not good football weather for the 300 pound guys.

It didn't seem to affect the Jets O-line...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:30 PM)Rattler Wrote: Somebody needs to break their foot off in the O lines ass this week and give Dalton the protection he deserves.

No doubt! If they don't we will all be very glad they didn't trade McCarron.
Reply/Quote
It was a great win. Dalton played with a tremendous amount of guts this afternoon as well as Green. Looks like LaFell can be a viable #2 option at this point. Good to see Nugent bounce back and drill what ended up being the game winner. While there is a ton of work that needs to be done there definitely plenty of positives.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It didn't seem to affect the Jets O-line...

Zero tds in final 39 minutes of the game.

they couldn't finish.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:19 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: If the OL starts to play well this offense will be explosive. The defense just needs Burfict back. Once he's back the defense will be great again. The defense looked about how it did last year w/o Burfict.

Very true Zamp was really great with his play calling as well made me think Hue never left.

The new weapons also played much better than I expected and Dalton and Green were just fantastic really. Kind of made me feel better of the team as a whole cause it was our defensive stars that didn't play well and Hunt finally showed up.

To the OP...yeah baby what a game against a very good physical team in their place in a crazy atmosphere. Some concerns but the can be fixed.
Reply/Quote
And yeah the O-line needs a boot up their ass after that sad performance.

But still that was a team that just is physical as we are and got better this year from what I saw.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 14316988_754870353039_387757258937347806...e=587DEE02]
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
One thing is for sure:  Darrelle Revis might have his own island but AJ Green is its mayor.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 08:25 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: One thing is for sure:  Darrelle Revis might have his own island but AJ Green is its mayor.

I don't think Revis is falling off yet either...
Reply/Quote
Any win on the road in the NFL is a solid win. This is no exception!
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It didn't seem to affect the Jets O-line...

Who WON the DAMN game
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 10:12 PM)kevin Wrote: Who WON the DAMN game

Us. But no thanks to our O-line. 

Thankfully we have one of the QB and one best WR in the league. 

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 10:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Us. But no thanks to our O-line. 

Thankfully we have one of the QB and one best WR in the league. 

The great, fantastic, super, wonderful, beautiful beyond words, amazing, awesome Jets O Line lets a kick get blocked by Bengals Hunt......

1-0......batch and moan all you want....and you will....1-0.......Great WIN.....Great START.....1-0.......The O Line pushed Jets back on some nice runs plays....The O Line started at the 8 and team went 92 yards for a TD......Problem with average fans is they only notice O Line after a sack or a penalty...Who do you think was blocking on the TD bomb from Dalton to Green ??? 

Hunt and Dunlap and others batted down a bunch of passes at the line....and Bengals won game....I do not want to hear the Jets O line was better than ours.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
This is the reason the Jets chose the white unis, minimize the heat factor.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:26 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Correct, that is a big win.

Go on the road, against a team we always do badly against. Struggle almightily, and win. Good teams do that. I'm not convinced about us, have we really turned a corner, or was that just the same old bungling Bengals who won a close one? The Jets could and will argue they gave the game away themselves, with missed XP and a chip shot FG.

That field goal was blocked not missed. They don't get mental should/coulda/woulda points for that.
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 10:24 PM)kevin Wrote: The great, fantastic, super, wonderful, beautiful beyond words, amazing, awesome Jets O Line lets a kick get blocked by Bengals Hunt......

1-0......batch and moan all you want....and you will....1-0.......Great WIN.....Great START.....1-0.......The O Line pushed Jets back on some nice runs plays....The O Line started at the 8 and team went 92 yards for a TD......Problem with average fans is they only notice O Line after a sack or a penalty...Who do you think was blocking on the TD bomb from Dalton to Green ??? 

Hunt and Dunlap and others batted down a bunch of passes at the line....and Bengals won game....I do not want to hear the Jets O line was better than ours.

So it's unfair to criticize a line that gave up 7 sacks in a game? Got it. 

Maybe if they give up double digit sacks against Denver I will be allowed to point out their poor play without getting jumped on, or labeled an "average fan." Wtf that means. 

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 11:12 PM)CincyProduct Wrote: That field goal was blocked not missed. They don't get mental should/coulda/woulda points for that.

Yeah that is true, Hunt saved the game with that one. Came up with a huge play.

Most people would still look at a 1-point loss, and see a missed XP and a blocked chip shot as pretty big factors in what could've been, however. My bad on saying it was missed though, positive play by Margus rather than a negative one by their kicker.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:40 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Pleeeeeaaaaassssseeee....... do you think there is a chance the Jets defense might be even better than their last year ranking of #3?

Not 7 sacks and hurried all freakin' day better...not even close.
Reply/Quote