Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE GAME.....Ohio State/ Michigan
I'll say Ohio State vs Mississippi or Mississippi State in Citrus Bowl at 1 in the afternoon on New Years Day in Orlando Florida. ......because pull up Citrus Bowl on internet and it says Big 10 vs SEC...and these would be the top teams left after Championship play-off Bowls, Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl......Ohio State has had trouble over decades against SEC, but Urban Meyer is THE JOKER in the deck, having won national championships in SEC at Florida. Orlando not that far from Gainsville for Urban Meyer in this game. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 03:35 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Because osu had their chance and they blew it.  I just enjoy seeing all the honks scramble for excuses and reasons as to why they belong in the playoff despite having no chance to win their conference.  

They aren't saying they belong, they are saying what would have to happen to have a chance like every fan in the history of forever.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 07:47 PM)kevin Wrote: I'll say Ohio State vs Mississippi or Mississippi State in Citrus Bowl at 1 in the afternoon on New Years Day in Orlando Florida. ......because pull up Citrus Bowl on internet and it says Big 10 vs SEC...and these would be the top teams left after Championship play-off Bowls, Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl......Ohio State has had trouble over decades against SEC, but Urban Meyer is THE JOKER in the deck, having won national championships in SEC at Florida. Orlando not that far from Gainsville for Urban Meyer in this game. 

Actually its Fiesta not Sugar. Think they are guaranteed Rose or Fiesta at the very least with still a chance at the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
Sssshhhhiiiiittttttt.......we have TWO "THE GAME"(s) every year.....and been dominating them the last decade.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
The winner of the Big Ten title game goes to the CFP. 

If the loser is IOWA, they still might make it to the Rose Bowl.

OSU will then play in the Fiesta Bowl. Against either Notre Dame or Houston.

Otherwise OSU will go to the Rose and IOWA will go to the Fiesta Bowl. 

Michigan or NW will go to the Citrus Bowl.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 05:00 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: The winner of the Big Ten title game goes to the CFP. 

If the loser is IOWA, they still might make it to the Rose Bowl.

OSU will then play in the Fiesta Bowl. Against either Notre Dame or Houston.

Otherwise OSU will go to the Rose and IOWA will go to the Fiesta Bowl. 

Michigan or NW will go to the Citrus Bowl.

Exactly!

MSU loss or an MSU blowout of Iowa should put OSU in the Rose Bowl and Iowa Fiesta.

If Iowa loses a close one, I think they will still be higher seeded than OSU and go to the Rose and OSU to the Fiesta.
Reply/Quote
I would love to see Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl against Notre Dame .....

I mentioned Sugar Bowl in regards to the SEC teams.  Take away the Championship play-offs, and a Big 10 team still goes to the Rose and an SEC team still goes to the Sugar. .....I thought the Big 10 and the SEC had to send their next best after those to The Citrus.....If Ohio State can side step The Citrus and if Notre Dame can side step the bowl game they were lined up to play, I would love to see Ohio State play Notre Dame. ....Now Notre Dame can still make the play-offs, which would end all this. 

So, we can probably forget play-off or Rose Bowl......but maybe Ohio State vs Notre Dame in Fiesta......and at the least, Ohio State vs a top SEC team in The Citrus. ....Either way, Ohio State playing a top team on New Years Day.

I can see Notre Dame avoiding the lesser bowls and playing in the play-offs or on New Years Day in maybe the Fiesta Bowl....if Ohio State gets to go to the Fiesta to play them, that is great.  Ohio State vs Notre Dame are classic games.  They don't play very often at all, so it would be a classic match-up. ...Tickets will be hard to get, very high priced scalper tickets for these two teams in a bowl game on New Years. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2015, 05:37 PM)kevin Wrote: I would love to see Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl against Notre Dame .....

I mentioned Sugar Bowl in regards to the SEC teams.  Take away the Championship play-offs, and a Big 10 team still goes to the Rose and an SEC team still goes to the Sugar. .....I thought the Big 10 and the SEC had to send their next best after those to The Citrus.....If Ohio State can side step The Citrus and if Notre Dame can side step the bowl game they were lined up to play, I would love to see Ohio State play Notre Dame. ....Now Notre Dame can still make the play-offs, which would end all this. 

So, we can probably forget play-off or Rose Bowl......but maybe Ohio State vs Notre Dame in Fiesta......and at the least, Ohio State vs a top SEC team in The Citrus. ....Either way, Ohio State playing a top team on New Years Day.

I can see Notre Dame avoiding the lesser bowls and playing in the play-offs or on New Years Day in maybe the Fiesta Bowl....if Ohio State gets to go to the Fiesta to play them, that is great.  Ohio State vs Notre Dame are classic games.  They don't play very often at all, so it would be a classic match-up. ...Tickets will be hard to get, very high priced scalper tickets for these two teams in a bowl game on New Years. 

Notre Dame has no shot at the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 08:31 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They aren't saying they belong, they are saying what would have to happen to have a chance like every fan in the history of forever.

Actually a ton of osu honks are saying they belong.  Some on here have said this.  And just because they won it last year.  Im not sure why winning last year should have any bearing on this year.  Different season entirely.  

Last year, OSU got benefit of the doubt.  They got in over other teams that thought they deserved a shot.  Losing to a really mediocre VT team at home should have been death for their season.  But kudos to them, they won it all despite this.  
I dont think they should get the benefit of the doubt this year.  Not the way they sleptwalked thru most of their season and lost out on the big 10 title.  
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 07:43 PM)cinci4life Wrote: So by your logic, the other 1 loss teams in contention had their chance and blew it too. Ok got it.

Those other one loss teams that are in contention are also able to win their conference.  Huge difference my friend, huge difference.  You cant make it to the title game of your own conference, you dont deserve a shot.  Look at the Hawkeyes or MSU even, both are teams that are ahead of OSU in the conference, but now one of those teams will finish below ohio state simply because they are forced to play an extra game while osu just sits idle.  
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2015, 12:21 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Those other one loss teams that are in contention are also able to win their conference.  Huge difference my friend, huge difference.  You cant make it to the title game of your own conference, you dont deserve a shot.  Look at the Hawkeyes or MSU even, both are teams that are ahead of OSU in the conference, but now one of those teams will finish below ohio state simply because they are forced to play an extra game while osu just sits idle.  

I'm sure Ohio State would be happy to take the place of a team that feels it's unfair to make them play this extra game.  I doubt that will happen as I don't think either team feels playing in the conference game is unfair.  It gives them a shot at a national championship and I'm guessing their concern at where they end up in relation to OSU is minimal.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote