Poll: duh. what should his forever nickname be?
This poll is closed.
Steely-eyed dream crusher
0%
0 0%
The Hammer
12.50%
7 12.50%
Splits
1.79%
1 1.79%
McFearless
8.93%
5 8.93%
Legatron II Electric Boogaloo
14.29%
8 14.29%
Kick Kong
5.36%
3 5.36%
Tripod
0%
0 0%
1.79%
1 1.79%
McFly
3.57%
2 3.57%
Money Mack
7.14%
4 7.14%
Kickfearsome
10.71%
6 10.71%
Legs Benedict
8.93%
5 8.93%
Big Foot
5.36%
3 5.36%
McMoney
17.86%
10 17.86%
Mark it 3
1.79%
1 1.79%
Total 56 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THE REAL ***OFFICIAL*** Evan McPherson nickname poll
(08-27-2021, 05:55 PM)Jeffjace Wrote: I got the perfect nickname ;Evan “The BootLegger” McPherson

Too late. We are in the voting stage now.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(08-27-2021, 07:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Kickfearsome made me LOL but McMoney rolls off the tongue easier and reminds me me of that "Nick Minute" meme (that dude almost sounds like he's saying McMoney). The Hammer is boring so I'm not sure why people are voting for that one.

McMoney is growing on me a bit. I thought The Hammer was a pretty badass nickname actually. 

Imagine it's the SB, 4th quarter and the Bengals are down 2 with :34 seconds to go in the game and you hear Joe Buck, through the noise of the crowd say "And here comes The Hammer!". 

I just got chills thinking about that. Plus it would go great with Lap's coffin nails "bam bam bam".

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(08-27-2021, 07:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I partly voted McMoney just so "The Hammer" doesn't win. That's the boring-est name on here.

I'd take Legs Benedict (even though it has zilch to do with his actual name) over "The Hammer".

Still a long way to go. The fastest runner out of the gate usually peters out towards the end. 

(08-27-2021, 08:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: McMoney is growing on me a bit. I thought The Hammer was a pretty badass nickname actually. 

Imagine it's the SB, 4th quarter and the Bengals are down 2 with :34 seconds to go in the game and you hear Joe Buck, through the noise of the crowd say "And here comes The Hammer!". 

I just got chills thinking about that. Plus it would go great with Lap's coffin nails "bam bam bam".

Well when you put it that way, I guess it wouldn't be so bad, and it'd make sense with Lap's famous coffin nails.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(08-27-2021, 08:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: McMoney is growing on me a bit. I thought The Hammer was a pretty badass nickname actually. 

I like Money Mack because as you say superbowl.... "EEEEVAN MONEY MACK FEEEERSON" sounds almost like a wrestling intro.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

(08-27-2021, 07:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I partly voted McMoney just so "The Hammer" doesn't win. That's the boring-est name on here.

I'd take Legs Benedict (even though it has zilch to do with his actual name) over "The Hammer".

You're boring  Hilarious
There’s only one correct answer on this list and it’s……..

McFly. He’s pretty McFly like a white guy!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

If it does become McMoney I think the MC will likely be dropped. Evan "Money"McPherson. Too many 'Mics' leaving it in.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...

Yeah, "The Hammer" is pretty much the nickname ambulance chasing lawyers give themselves when they have no better idea.

Seriously. Just google "lawyer the hammer" and there's a million of them.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Sorry to rain in the parade. Do kickers even have nicknames? Justin Tucker? Vinateri?

I mean we had Fat Randy but I don’t think there are many other nicknames out there.
(08-28-2021, 01:16 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Sorry to rain in the parade. Do kickers even have nicknames? Justin Tucker? Vinateri?

I mean we had Fat Randy but I don’t think there are many other nicknames out there.

Doesn't matter. Poll is going and it's legally binding.

The nickname doesn't have to play off of his real name. It's probably better that it doesn't, so we're not stuck with people spending the next decade using the term "McMoney". Please.
Really don't like Mcmoney, For one, it's Macpherson right? For two, we are doing our best attempt to jinx him a la Kieth Rivers.

The best kickers don't have a nickname. Does the Ravens kicker have a nickname? Vinatieri? etc.
(08-28-2021, 05:08 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Really don't like Mcmoney, For one, it's Macpherson right? For two, we are doing our best attempt to jinx him a la Kieth Rivers.

The best kickers don't have a nickname. Does the Ravens kicker have a nickname? Vinatieri? etc.

Yes. They call him Pavarotti.

(08-28-2021, 01:16 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Sorry to rain in the parade. Do kickers even have nicknames? Justin Tucker? Vinateri?

Don't forget Shank Graham

Funny how Nati named the same two I named. They are the most well known/high profile clutch kickers. Hoping Evan becomes one as well.
You guys think we have a shot against the Vikings? A coworker wanted to bet $20 on the game and I thought, what's $20. Hope to see them win. Vikings are a potent offense to shut down though. Not sure what to expect from their defense.
(08-28-2021, 05:38 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: You guys think we have a shot against the Vikings? A coworker wanted to bet $20 on the game and I thought, what's $20. Hope to see them win. Vikings are a potent offense to shut down though. Not sure what to expect from their defense.

I would say the Bengals should feel they are on par with the Vikings so the home field should give them a little bit of an advantage.

(08-28-2021, 05:52 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I would say the Bengals should feel they are on par with the Vikings so the home field should give them a little bit of an advantage.

I hope so. I really would like to win this bet, but also see Burrow and co. put up a good showing. Would love to see the defense come to play and start off the season well.
(08-28-2021, 05:03 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: The nickname doesn't have to play off of his real name. It's probably better that it doesn't, so we're not stuck with people spending the next decade using the term "McMoney". Please.

This is just a forum thing for fun based on all the hype as far as I'm concerned.  Myself I'm not a big advocate of nicknames unless they are given by players on the team as a sign of respect or main stream NFL media based on some accomplishments and adopted by a larger population than this forum.  So really whatever name is voted here doesn't really matter IMO (37 votes so far out of 2,376 registered members. So it isn't like 100's of people are chiming in).  Call the guy what you want.   Myself I'll probably always refer to him as McPherson. 

Of course there are other cases like Adam Jones, who's mom started calling him PacMan when he was a kid and followed him through his career.  So that made sense as well.  He tried to distance himself from the name after all the trouble he got in.   But it still followed him after.

Maybe we wait a season or more before we start giving a guy a name since he hasn't accomplished anything in a regular season yet.  I hope he lives up to all the hype here for sure.  

Also, no disrespect to Rfaulk for the effort put in to this.  I think it has been kind of a fun thing seeing what people came up with.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah