Poll: duh. what should his forever nickname be?
This poll is closed.
Steely-eyed dream crusher
0%
0 0%
The Hammer
12.50%
7 12.50%
Splits
1.79%
1 1.79%
McFearless
8.93%
5 8.93%
Legatron II Electric Boogaloo
14.29%
8 14.29%
Kick Kong
5.36%
3 5.36%
Tripod
0%
0 0%
1.79%
1 1.79%
McFly
3.57%
2 3.57%
Money Mack
7.14%
4 7.14%
Kickfearsome
10.71%
6 10.71%
Legs Benedict
8.93%
5 8.93%
Big Foot
5.36%
3 5.36%
McMoney
17.86%
10 17.86%
Mark it 3
1.79%
1 1.79%
Total 56 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THE REAL ***OFFICIAL*** Evan McPherson nickname poll
(08-28-2021, 06:45 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: This is just a forum thing for fun based on all the hype as far as I'm concerned.  Myself I'm not a big advocate of nicknames unless they are given by players on the team as a sign of respect or main stream NFL media based on some accomplishments and adopted by a larger population than this forum.  So really whatever name is voted here doesn't really matter IMO (37 votes so far out of 2,376 registered members.  So it isn't like 100's of people are chiming in).  Call the guy what you want.   Myself I'll probably always refer to him as McPherson. 

Of course there are other cases like Adam Jones, who's mom started calling him PacMan when he was a kid and followed him through his career.  So that made sense as well.  He tried to distance himself from the name after all the trouble he got in.   But it still followed him after.

Maybe we wait a season or more before we start giving a guy a name since he hasn't accomplished anything in a regular season yet.  I hope he lives up to all the hype here for sure.  

Also, no disrespect to Rfaulk for the effort put in to this.  I think it has been kind of a fun thing seeing what people came up with.

This is the only time i'll say this, to you, and i'll deny it to anyone else, to the grave. 

From the beginning of this whole thing, it was never meant to be serious. Not even a little bit. If anyone reads all my posts and looks at most of the names and takes any of this serious with some of the stuff i said...i kind of feel sorry for them. It's just for fun and to get away from the months and months of arguments and vitriol. When this poll closes, EM won't have a new nickname any more than he had last week. Now...let me get back to talking to everyone...*ahem

Nope! As i said, this is legally binding! I will post this on twitter, insta, facebook, myspace and every other social media site. I will contact the Bengals to hold an ***OFFICIAL*** ceremony and that will be that. 

Right now, it's looking like "McMoney" it is! 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(08-28-2021, 07:30 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: This is the only time i'll say this, to you, and i'll deny it to anyone else, to the grave. 

From the beginning of this whole thing, it was never meant to be serious. Not even a little bit. If anyone reads all my posts and looks at most of the names and takes any of this serious with some of the stuff i said...i kind of feel sorry for them. It's just for fun and to get away from the months and months of arguments and vitriol. When this poll closes, EM won't have a new nickname any more than he had last week. Now...let me get back to talking to everyone...*ahem

Nope! As i said, this is legally binding! I will post this on twitter, insta, facebook, myspace and every other social media site. I will contact the Bengals to hold an ***OFFICIAL*** ceremony and that will be that. 

Right now, it's looking like "McMoney" it is! 

Which is why I said it was meant to be a fun thing.  I stated that twice in my post. I was addressing JaggedJimmyJay and their concerns on the matter with the bulk of my post. Rock On

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
(08-27-2021, 10:50 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: You're boring  Hilarious

[Image: your-words-they-hurt-me.jpg]

(08-28-2021, 05:08 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Really don't like Mcmoney, For one, it's Macpherson right? For two, we are doing our best attempt to jinx him a la Kieth Rivers.

The best kickers don't have a nickname. Does the Ravens kicker have a nickname? Vinatieri? etc.

If he starts to suck, then "McMoney" becomes a funny ironic name.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(08-28-2021, 08:01 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Which is why I said it was meant to be a fun thing.  I stated that twice in my post.  I was addressing JaggedJimmyJay and their concerns on the matter with the bulk of my post.  Rock On

I...still don't think you're getting it. It's ok. Different people have different senses of humor. 

[Image: r2cxz.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(08-28-2021, 08:15 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I...still don't think you're getting it. It's ok. Different people have different senses of humor. 

[Image: r2cxz.gif]

I got it from day one which is why I even entered names in the first thread despite my not caring for nicknames (and twice in my earlier post mentioned it was for fun).  But okay.  I'm not really invested in this enough to keep going back and forth on the matter.   Have a good one.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
George has ***OFFICIALLY** been banned from the ***OFFICIAL*** Evan McPherson nickname nomination and poll! All of his entries and votes have been stricken from the ledger and he will no longer be able to play in any more reindeer games. 

Don't be George. This is super serious and as i've noted several times, legally binding. Do NOT allow yourself to go through life knowing you could have made a difference in giving Evan McPherson an ***OFFICIAL*** and badass lifetime nickname. 

Vote early, vote often and live long and prosper. 

Sincerely, "The nickname giver"

(08-28-2021, 05:18 PM)Bryan Wrote: Don't forget Shank Graham

Shank?  Dude, you're in trouble.  Let me see if I can work a Candyman here...

Bengal Sis
Bengal Sis
Bengal Sis
Bengal Sis
Bengal Sis
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
(08-28-2021, 08:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: George has ***OFFICIALLY** been banned from the ***OFFICIAL*** Evan McPherson nickname nomination and poll! All of his entries and votes have been stricken from the ledger and he will no longer be able to play in any more reindeer games. 

Don't be George. This is super serious and as i've noted several times, legally binding. Do NOT allow yourself to go through life knowing you could have made a difference in giving Evan McPherson an ***OFFICIAL*** and badass lifetime nickname. 

Why so McSerious?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
(08-28-2021, 08:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: George has ***OFFICIALLY** been banned from the ***OFFICIAL*** Evan McPherson nickname nomination and poll! All of his entries and votes have been stricken from the ledger and he will no longer be able to play in any more reindeer games. 

I was going to dip out of this thread like I said, but you just had to go on.  Then I remembered the thread where you were spamming the "No injury," thing over and over and I told you it was obnoxious.  So now I think I see why you are replying the way you are to me.  In my opinion you are not near as funny as you think you are (I really didn't want to go there), and I have read a lot of your posts over the years. Don't feel bad.  There are several here like that.   You know that person that goes to a party and tells people, "Have to warn you I have a great sense of humor."  In the mean time the people that know roll their eyes behind the person's back.

Last comment because I really don't come here to fight even though I may have hit a bit hard above.  It is not why I'm here. I tried to be respectful but it seems you did indeed take it personal.  If you want to go on and talk more PM me.  That way we are no longer derailing your thread. :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
(08-28-2021, 09:57 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I was going to dip out of this thread like I said, but you just had to go on.  Then I remembered the thread where you were spamming the "No injury," thing over and over and I told you it was obnoxious.  So now I think I see why you are replying the way you are to me.  In my opinion you are not near as funny as you think you are (I really didn't want to go there), and I have read a lot of your posts over the years. Don't feel bad.  There are several here like that.   You know that person that goes to a party and tells people, "Have to warn you I have a great sense of humor."  In the mean time the people that know roll their eyes behind the person's back.

Last comment because I really don't come here to fight even though I may have hit a bit hard above.  It is not why I'm here. I tried to be respectful but it seems you did indeed take it personal.  If you want to go on and talk more PM me.  That way we are no longer derailing your thread.  :)

See, this is what i meant by you didn't get it. Your avatar and name are based on my 2nd favorite character from Seinfeld. If you read all my posts in the other nickname thread and this one, in his voice, that might make more sense. None of my replies are meant to be personal or mean. More like "Serenity now!!" Costanza. 

(08-28-2021, 09:52 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Why so McSerious?

Life's too long to not be.  Cool

Birdseye.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
(08-29-2021, 01:31 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Life's too long to not be.  Cool

You've obviously never listened to "Skin o' My Teeth" Cool 

[Image: 57c7e8c7f1b2b812006f4ddd3cc910b6.gif]
(08-28-2021, 09:57 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I was going to dip out of this thread like I said, but you just had to go on.  Then I remembered the thread where you were spamming the "No injury," thing over and over and I told you it was obnoxious.  So now I think I see why you are replying the way you are to me.  In my opinion you are not near as funny as you think you are (I really didn't want to go there), and I have read a lot of your posts over the years. Don't feel bad.  There are several here like that.   You know that person that goes to a party and tells people, "Have to warn you I have a great sense of humor."  In the mean time the people that know roll their eyes behind the person's back.

Last comment because I really don't come here to fight even though I may have hit a bit hard above.  It is not why I'm here. I tried to be respectful but it seems you did indeed take it personal.  If you want to go on and talk more PM me.  That way we are no longer derailing your thread.  :)

(08-29-2021, 01:28 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: See, this is what i meant by you didn't get it. Your avatar and name are based on my 2nd favorite character from Seinfeld. If you read all my posts in the other nickname thread and this one, in his voice, that might make more sense. None of my replies are meant to be personal or mean. More like "Serenity now!!" Costanza. 

You McGuys McNeed to McGet a McRoom!  Ninja
(08-29-2021, 09:50 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: You McGuys McNeed to McGet a McRoom!  Ninja

[Image: tenor.gif]
McMoney still in the lead but The Hammer is clawing it's way back into the race. 

(08-29-2021, 09:20 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: You've obviously never listened to "Skin o' My Teeth" Cool 

[Image: 57c7e8c7f1b2b812006f4ddd3cc910b6.gif]

You can bet, if it's anything Megadeth, i've listened to it.  Cool

(08-29-2021, 01:28 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: See, this is what i meant by you didn't get it. Your avatar and name are based on my 2nd favorite character from Seinfeld. If you read all my posts in the other nickname thread and this one, in his voice, that might make more sense. None of my replies are meant to be personal or mean. More like "Serenity now!!" Costanza. 

I’m disappointed in you man. George is the only acceptable answer for favorite/best character from Seinfeld.

(08-29-2021, 12:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m disappointed in you man. George is the only acceptable answer for favorite/best character from Seinfeld.

Sorry man. Me and Michael Richards go all the way back to Fridays.

George is right there though.  ThumbsUp

OMG!! LOOK AT THAT! THE HAMMER IS SURGING!!!11!11!!1