Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE TD Pass to Boyd
Only 5 QB's in the NFL have a chance to complete that throw in that tight of a window. Maybe Dalton's most incredible throw since he's been a Bengal.
Reply/Quote
It was a great throw indeed.

It's like Dalton was out there just playing and not over-thinking stuff.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 02:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It was a great throw indeed.

It's like Dalton was out there just playing and not over-thinking stuff.

Kinda what I thought. I haven't seen him sling the ball around like that in a few years. Maybe that benching did him some good. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Definitely an impressive pass.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
I was tracking the Jets’ message board during the first half of the game and when Andy Dalton threw that beautiful pass to Tyler Boyd in traffic, pretty much all of New York and eastern New Jersey went ape-poop. It almost crashed their server. The comments were epic.
Reply/Quote
Watched that pass about 5 times in a row. So impressive.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 02:36 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Kinda what I thought. I haven't seen him sling the ball around like that in a few years. Maybe that benching did him some good. 

I haven’t seen him that motivated in years either he was hyped and animated on the sidelines too
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 03:05 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I was tracking the Jets’ message board during the first half of the game and when Andy Dalton threw that beautiful pass to Tyler Boyd in traffic, pretty much all of New York and eastern New Jersey went ape-poop.  It almost crashed their server.  The comments were epic.

I miss reading opposing teams message boards after a loss to the Bengals!

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Life is easier for all of us when Andy stops caring, in the right way. The problem earlier this year is he didn't care, took the sack, took the L. Here he fought off a sack and threw a bullet to the sidelines. The benching is the main cause. Now he has nothing to lose, he doesn't care about the circumstances or ramifications. Come back to us Red Rifle, you just need AJ Green to stop being weak.
Reply/Quote
Best he's looked in a while.
Reply/Quote
The man's auditioning for his next gig...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 07:37 PM)jason Wrote: The man's auditioning for his next gig...
This          ^^^^^
Reply/Quote
Nice job by Boyd to make the catch in traffic and a bullet pass.
Reply/Quote
Ok, I know that all of you are familiar with the "Dead Cat Bounce" principle.

However, might I be able to interest you in the "Good Andy/Bad Andy" theory? Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Amazing what a benching can do for quarterback sometimes. We’ve seen this happen before with other quarterbacks. Sometimes it works,not always.Good to see him play with some urgency and decisiveness.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 02:36 PM)Wyche Wrote: Kinda what I thought. I haven't seen him sling the ball around like that in a few years. Maybe that benching did him some good. 

I would love to see the PFF grades, but the line play has improved.  His WRs still have no outside speed.  Ross coming back could be really nice (although I want two wins max and the #1 overall pick).  

I have said it 1000 times, when Dalton is kept clean he is a surgeon.  Some say that is every NFL QB, and that is completely false.  Dalton also has no separation from his WRs.  We see what it is doing to Brady.   (And save your "don't speak of Brady and Dalton in the same post" crap).

If the Pats had Antonion Brown still playing, I would call them the fav to win it all again with that defense and Brown would make that big an impact on their offense.  The Bengals have no speed to open up the defense.  That being said, I love what we are seeing in Tate.  He deserves to be out there and a WR trio of Ross, Boyd, and Tate would work if there was a really good TE as well.  I think Eifert is done.  He looks slow.  
Reply/Quote
That tight of a window in triple coverage, that throw had no business being caught by Boyd. With that being said i'm glad he got it.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 07:37 PM)jason Wrote: The man's auditioning for his next gig...

This^ also if there is one player that does not want a high draft pick it’s Andy. He has to think a top 5 pick will likely be a QB.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 10:05 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: That tight of a window in triple coverage, that throw had no business being caught by Boyd. With that being said i'm glad he got it.

That's what I thought.

Risky low percentage throw that could've easily been an end zone turn over.

Let's see what happens going forward.

QBs can fit it in that window but it will come back to bite them against the right defense or a WR that can't snatch it.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
What are the odds we roll into 2020 with hope Dalton can get back to his 2015 self again? I guess we have more games to what how things shake out, but I'm going to assume at least one more year of Dalton.
Reply/Quote