Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Westerman. great pick
(05-05-2016, 04:09 PM)Benton Wrote: Depth signing, but I doubt we see anything of him for a couple years. Most likely, Boyd is the only guy who will see any kind of playing time and I doubt even he sees that much. I'll be surprised if he sees more than 5% of the targets unless there's an injury, or we get garbage time versus the Browns.

It may take a few games but I think we'll see a fair amount of Boyd. He's pretty polished and super competitive. I think Billings will work himself into the rotation pretty quickly
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 04:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Westerman should beat out Bodine if we start the best Center.

Well, you just blew any credibility on this subject.... a rookie guard with zero NFL starts, heck for that matter zero NFL training camps,  should switch to center and replace our 3rd year center for an upgrade. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 12:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, you just blew any credibility on this subject.... a rookie guard with zero NFL starts, heck for that matter zero NFL training camps,  should switch to center and replace our 3rd year center for an upgrade. Hilarious
Why not just make Wenning the starting center? He has almost the same nfl experience in the role, right? For that matter why not Nuggent?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-05-2016, 09:09 PM)3wt Wrote: It may take a few games but I think we'll see a fair amount of Boyd.  He's pretty polished and super competitive.  I think Billings will work himself into the rotation pretty quickly

I hope you're right, and I think he is a great fit here. I just don't expect to see many opportunities for any rookie. Unless there's an injury, most of the targets will go to Green, Eifert and LaFell, or one of the backs. Unless Boyd has some ridiculous  possession percentage in camps and preseason, he won't get a lot of targets during the regular season.

If there's one thing Marvin hates more than drafting pass rushers high, it's playing rookies.
Reply/Quote