Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TJ Johnson given a 2 year deal

Reply/Quote
Well at lease we know the office is open.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I am glad that they secured Johnson for two more years. I was getting worried that some other team was going to pony up that 6th round tender and snap him up. What a state that would have left us in. I may have had a meltdown.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Hooray
Reply/Quote
[Image: its-something.jpg]
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
"TJ has raised his level of play" Yet the great P.A keeps one armed Boling in knowing he was struggling and risking further injury. Now we have these unknowns (T.J and Westerman) who could have been getting experience the last couple games.

Just poor all around planning/coaching/developing.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 04:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I am glad that they secured Johnson for two more years.  I was getting worried that some other team was going to pony up that 6th round tender and snap him up.  What a state that would have left us in.  I may have had a meltdown.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Smirk
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 05:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: "TJ has raised his level of play" Yet the great P.A keeps one armed Boling in knowing he was struggling and risking further injury. Now we have these unknowns (T.J and Westerman) who could have been getting experience the last couple games.

Just poor all around planning/coaching/developing.

my thoughts exactly. let these guys get a little experience.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Whew! I was so worried.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Exciting Ninja
Reply/Quote
I am so glad we have a second string center starting and a third string center locked up.

brilliant management plan
Reply/Quote
Did that say compete for a starting (spot)? I didnt think the Bengals allow competition on the o-line until at least week 10 or 11 or so.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
How about having someone compete for the C position.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 06:26 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I am so glad we have a second string center starting and a third string center locked up.

brilliant management plan
Hilarious  Great!!!
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 08:51 PM)TKUHL Wrote: How about having someone compete for the C position.
What's that position??
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 08:51 PM)TKUHL Wrote: How about having someone compete for the C position.

That would be nice.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 04:44 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

What scares me is that if TJ has raised his level of play each year, why hasn't he surpassed Russell Bodine at C yet? To me, that means he was just really, really terrible to start off with, and now he's just kinda serviceable as a backup.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 11:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What scares me is that if TJ has raised his level of play each year, why hasn't he surpassed Russell Bodine at C yet? To me, that means he was just really, really terrible to start off with, and now he's just kinda serviceable as a backup.

I thought the same thing.  
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 11:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What scares me is that if TJ has raised his level of play each year, why hasn't he surpassed Russell Bodine at C yet? To me, that means he was just really, really terrible to start off with, and now he's just kinda serviceable as a backup.

True but that would also mean that PA actually coached a player up. I seriously doubt that.
Reply/Quote
That's simple.

If they put Johnson in over Bodine they are tacitly admitting Piano Man screwed up when he pushed them to trade up to get Bodine. Not admitting Piano man is a quack is more important than playing the best player.
Reply/Quote