Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TRUTH article about Zac Taylor
(12-07-2020, 05:18 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: LAC may change their coach after the season.

I don’t know all of the rules involved interviewing current coaches- but The Bengals need to place themselves ahead of this;PRONTO!!!

Herbert is a nice carrot to dangle in front of a candidate. Being that the Chargers are a better operated organization- any coach in his right mind will choose them over us.

Fire zack now Gdammit and get ahead of things!!!

Even if you can’t hire an employed coach right now- you can gdamn make the position more enticing!!!

Up to a quarter of the league may have openings. It's certainly going to be a competitive year for the Bengals to need a (legit) HC.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 05:49 PM)jj22 Wrote: Up to a quarter of the league may have openings. It's certainly going to be a competitive year for the Bengals to need a (legit) HC.

Vance Joseph, c'mon down!
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 04:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Excellent article. Those comments from Tee are particularly damning.

My only hope is they just don’t want to fire Taylor mid season (especially around the holidays), and he’ll be gone as soon as it’s over.

That's my hope, too.  That there's no real point in firing him now with the season almost over.  And, if I want to be super optimistic and hope that Tobin is out and they're bringing in someone to replace him, that's even another reason not to rush the firing.  

If there's one thing that's remained constant over the years with the Bengals, it's that they're calculated in their approach (no one's getting knee-jerk reaction fired) and they don't have loose lips in the org letting their plans/thoughts slip.  

I'd be shocked if we hear or see a thing out of this org until the season is over.  They'll leave us hanging with baited breath until the presser right after the season ends.  
Reply/Quote
But it's just so damn exhausting hiring a head coach.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
This is a great article, thank you for sharing.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 04:48 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: James Rapien is an optimist too. We need more talking heads to start circulating this, putting out negative press.

Mikey does not listen to fans or press. Only his family and Tobin. Fake news is the way he looks at it
Reply/Quote
ZT needs to go to a team that's good already to see if he's a good head coach. This "practicing" on our downtrodden Bengals just will not stand!
Waiting around for ZT to get good just simply will not do.

It's time for an established coach (or at least an OC or DC) to take the reigns. We need a GM too, but I the "groupthink" model currently employed has not been completely exhausted yet. We will need at least 10 losing seasons in a row for that to be considered. Or a death. Or both.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 05:20 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I agree with everything but Zac. Burrow was able to mask some of his ineptitude. The fact he left a hobbled Burrow in during the end of that Steelers game should have gotten him fired, IMO. I just think he's in way over his head.

Agree with this. He ran Burrow into the ground this year. Literally. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 07:00 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Agree with this. He ran Burrow into the ground this year. Literally. 

Yep, and then he starts Jordan over a healthy XSF this week. Just one incredibly stupid move after another. I truly think part of it's his ego...he wants to prove 'his way' works, even when all the evidence says it's not. Sort of reminds me of Mike Brown, TBH.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 07:03 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yep, and then he starts Jordan over a healthy XSF this week. Just one incredibly stupid move after another. I truly think part of it his ego...he wants to prove 'his way' works, even when all the evidence says it's not. Sort of reminds me of Mike Brown, TBH.

Yeah, this is really starting to annoy me.  Jordan was a guy that always needed some strength and development to be a NFL caliber guard.  He has a great frame to build on, but he's not a finished product.  He had to play because of injuries last year, but he's proven over almost 2 full seasons that he's a major liability.  I think he had something like a 7 pass blocking rating in the Miami game.  If he's the only option, then that's just what it is.  If XSF, the original starting RG is healthy and Jordan still plays, then that's pure idiocy and stubbornness. 
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 06:57 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: ZT needs to go to a team that's good already to see if he's a good head coach.  This "practicing" on our downtrodden Bengals just will not stand!
Waiting around for ZT to get good just simply will not do.

It's time for an established coach (or at least an OC or DC) to take the reigns.  We need a GM too, but I the "groupthink" model currently employed has not been completely exhausted yet.  We will need at least 10 losing seasons in a row for that to be considered.  Or a death.  Or both.

Horseshit!  He came to a team that had enough talent to win, all he needed was to build an OL and score the ball.  He failed most, at what he was supposed to be best at, being this "fantastic communicator"..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Two things in life I can't wait for. Drafting Sewell and Firing this entire coaching staff. I literally dream of it every night

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Freddie won 6 games tho. I actually think Zach is worse
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 05:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He got another keep vote in the poll though. Up to 15 now. Can’t confirm or deny if any are members of the Taylor family...

Or fans of other teams in the AFCN
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 05:07 PM)Big Boss Wrote: "Preparing for them, we saw a lot of zero [coverage], a lot of man [coverage], a lot of (cover) one. Towards the end of the game, they started playing cover two and we didn’t think they were going to ever do that. They showed it and I just think we weren’t ready for it." - Tee Higgins

Just read this shit out loud.

Does that mean the book hasn’t been totally written and their is still a chance?
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 08:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Horseshit!  He came to a team that had enough talent to win, all he needed was to build an OL and score the ball.  He failed most, at what he was supposed to be best at, being this "fantastic communicator"..

Agreed. Zac totally destroyed this team. Hired his friends. Somehow Del Rio wanted to come here and talked to Zac and didn't.

The DC fiasco was insight that candidates thought he was in way over his head.

IF he is retained and all the assistants fired, I can't see ANY qualified coaches with options coming here because they know he has a small chance to succeed. It could be toxic to his career.

His press conferences are basically retweets. He says the same things...over and over.

And even if Zac does somehow get this team to the playoffs one day, he's shown no indication that he can outcoach opponents and in the playoffs it's about coaching as much as players.

He uses the same gameplan against opponents. No customization.

The team can't run the ball.

We've had players like Dunlap and Glenn basically want out.

It's a mess.
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor will end up 4-27-1 for his lifetime head coaching record. That’s an 0.141 win percentage. I’m not mad at Zac, however, because he didn’t hire himself.

There are coaches who win Super Bowls with talented teams like Noll, Lombardi, and Belichick.

There are coaches who can rebuild a losing team like Lewis, Flores, and Stefanski.

Then there are coaches who can drive a team straight off a cliff into an abyss of misery. Unfortunately, Zac is one of these coaches.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 05:07 PM)Big Boss Wrote: "Preparing for them, we saw a lot of zero [coverage], a lot of man [coverage], a lot of (cover) one.  Towards the end of the game, they started playing cover two and we didn’t think they were going to ever do that. They showed it and I just think we weren’t ready for it." - Tee Higgins

Just read this shit out loud.

That sounds like an exact repeat of what happened to the Rams in the Super Bowl.  BB went Quarters coverage - Goff, ZT, and the McVay crew were stumped.  They were totally stumped with no answers for the entire game.  McVay even said after the game that he wasn't expecting the Pats to do what they did on defense.  It's groundhog day at this point.  
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 12:44 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Agreed. Zac totally destroyed this team. Hired his friends. Somehow Del Rio wanted to come here and talked to Zac and didn't.

The DC fiasco was insight that candidates thought he was in way over his head.

IF he is retained and all the assistants fired, I can't see ANY qualified coaches with options coming here because they know he has a small chance to succeed. It could be toxic to his career.

His press conferences are basically retweets. He says the same things...over and over.

And even if Zac does somehow get this team to the playoffs one day, he's shown no indication that he can outcoach opponents and in the playoffs it's about coaching as much as players.

He uses the same gameplan against opponents. No customization.

The team can't run the ball.

We've had players like Dunlap and Glenn basically want out.

It's a mess.

For the vast majority of us who follow the Bengals, it's beyond obvious that Zac can't handle the job.  What's more alarming, or depressing (take your pick);  Is the managements unwillingness to admit that the hire was a mistake, and just get onto the process of making things right.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 09:48 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Freddie won 6 games tho. I actually think Zach is worse

Kitchens was horrible (should have kept their interim coach), that extended another bad year of the already talented Browns. To their credit they got rid of him in a one and done gig. Just like that, they are playoff bound a season later.

Here in Cinci, the old man has some ancient ideals of "my job is to pay you, your job is to do your job".  Mikey doesnt it see it as his responsibility, but the coaches'. He isnt paying anyone he is firing for not doing their job well.

If Mikey was smart he would contract coaches based on their record as the season progresses.
under .500, you get paid $1 million at .500 you get $3 million over .500 you get paid $5 mill. and playoffs a $1 mill bonus per win. (to bump up to $6 or $7 mill) then...

Superbowl win gets you $12 million (per year)

What a stupendous way to incentivize your coach.
Reply/Quote