Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TRUTH article about Zac Taylor
(12-07-2020, 05:07 PM)Big Boss Wrote: "Preparing for them, we saw a lot of zero [coverage], a lot of man [coverage], a lot of (cover) one.  Towards the end of the game, they started playing cover two and we didn’t think they were going to ever do that. They showed it and I just think we weren’t ready for it." - Tee Higgins

Just read this shit out loud.

This is a bit misleading. "Weren't ready" and unable to make the changes are a bit different and I think you were always going to be limited to what kind of adjustment could be made with Allen at QB. For instance, if Burrow (or a long time veteran) is playing, you come to the sideline after the first drive in the half and go "They are giving us a similar two high look Indy gave us so we are going back to our game plan from week 6". First half they were moving the ball on a very good Miami defense with a backup QB because they had a solid game plan. In the second half, they weren't adjusting because contrary to what people think the NFL isn't Madden and you don't just have a million plays in your playbook you can switch to each week. When you have past experiences as a QB and coordinator you can go back to, that is when you see some of these elite vets really shine. Brady and McDaniels were notorious for making half time switches to past gameplans that worked against certain looks.

This is not to defend Taylor, I am ready to move on, this is merely to point of the situation isn't as damning as the quote makes it sound. 
Reply/Quote
Are we saving up for a fire zach billboard yet
Reply/Quote
Taylor needs to go, I agree
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 05:01 PM)J24 Wrote: Do you think Zac puts raisins in the potato salad?

Even worse..shredded carrots in the jello..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 05:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk, Tobin will probably be even harder to get rid of than Alexander since he’s so ingrained in the FO. Alexander probably didn’t have nearly as much day to day interactions with the family.

Now, from what I've heard, Piano Paul used to put the ketchup on Mikey's Wendy's fries....so there's hope.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
The Bengals MO has always been to hire someone because that person's dad was successful..which doesn't guarantee anything as Son of Paul should know more than anyone...and yet...Does Belichick have a useless kid looking for a job? He too can be a Bengals HC..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 12:44 PM)grampahol Wrote: The Bengals MO has always been to hire someone because that person's dad was successful..which doesn't guarantee anything as Son of Paul should know more than anyone...and yet...Does Belichick have a useless kid looking for a job? He too can be a Bengals HC..

Bengals should REALLY think outside the box and see if Pat Riley wants to coach the Bengals. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Keep Zac as your first half coach and then hire someone else to coach the second half?

Kidding. I don't hate the guy but he has a terrible win-loss percentage and did have some talent to work with. Two years is long enough when we are losing this often (not to mention getting beaten solidly by the Ravens and Steelers). Try something (someone) else.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 12:51 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Zac Taylor will end up 4-27-1 for his lifetime head coaching record.  That’s an 0.141 win percentage.  I’m not mad at Zac, however, because he didn’t hire himself.  

There are coaches who win Super Bowls with talented teams like Noll, Lombardi, and Belichick.  

There are coaches who can rebuild a losing team like Lewis, Flores, and Stefanski.

Then there are coaches who can drive a team straight off a cliff into an abyss of misery. Unfortunately, Zac is one of these coaches.

I'm not even mad at the Bengals for hiring him.  They took a chance on a guy who seemed like he might make it work.  There is such an outrageously slim percentage of guys in coaching who make great head coaches at the NFL level.  Some of it is skill, some is the chemistry with the team and FO, some is just the timing.  

I was willing to take a chance on Taylor when he was hired, and I think it was worth the experiment.  He could have been amazing.  Came off a SB team, young, energetic, bringing new ideas to the organization.  Looking back on it we can all punch a bunch of holes in those things, but the reality is that it just as easily could have worked.  His past failures as an OC didn't dictate or predict his failure as a HC.  But I also think it's time to end the experiment and give another guy a shot.  

It's a constant game to try to get the players and the coaches at the right time.  Just hoping it happens here before the Burrow window closes.
Reply/Quote
The thing that is missing in the coaching staff is an assertive, no nonsense coach. Marvin as very loose and then the team follows with another young coach that clearly has not taken control, nor has great respect.

The miss was Jack Del Rio or similar would have been a better approach here. This team needs to be brought together and managed, not just coached.

I understand the whole Shawn McVey lure, but this was a reach and it has to be fixed. Let's hope the team antes up and does the right thing and paying for an established coach with a good structure.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 12:37 PM)grampahol Wrote: Even worse..shredded carrots in the jello..

You're crazy. My grandma had a jello recipe with carrots in it that my mom still makes and it's one of the best things ever.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote