Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TV Shows Gone Too Soon
(06-23-2015, 04:42 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Another FOX series I loved that was cancelled too early was Titus. It was along the lines of a dark comedy that was ahead of its time. Sitcoms weren't allowed to be dark at the time. That show would be successful if it came on today.

Wow, I had forgotten all about Titus.  I used to really like that show.  Definitely a bread apart from what was on tv at that time. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Quantum Leap .

I loved this show on reruns . Just Good TV.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2015, 07:37 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Several really great shows mentioned already Earl,WKRP, ect....for me one of the biggest head scratchers of all time is Firefly.
Threes Company was good until the foolishness over contracts ruined it.

From what I understand about the contracts, one of the cast members overheard part of a conversation, and completely misunderstood what was being said.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2015, 09:23 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Quantum Leap .  

I loved this show on reruns .  Just Good TV.

That was my ex-wifes's favorite show.

I used to buy her a season on DVD for her birthday and Christmas every year.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 10:20 AM)michaelsean Wrote: From what I understand about the contracts, one of the cast members overheard part of a conversation, and completely misunderstood what was being said.

Kudos to you sir. Ha!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 10:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: That was my ex-wifes's favorite show.

That's awesome.
Reply/Quote
[Image: th?id=JN.TKo0NtuS5u4vSP09YNlRgA&pid=15.1&P=0]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I am going to add these to my favs and watch them.
Reply/Quote
In Treatment on HBO and also Mind Of The Married Man. Two great shows that ended way too soon!!!
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2015, 09:23 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Quantum Leap .  

I loved this show on reruns .  Just Good TV.

(06-24-2015, 10:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: That was my ex-wifes's favorite show.

And when she told you that she wanted a divorce your response was, "Oh Boy"
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 08:34 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: It may sound strange given it had 8 seasons, but I'll throw out Curb Your Enthusiam.  I'd gladly watch Larry David for another two or three years. 

Curb might comeback if Larry wants to do it.  Larry David does what he wants.  This show could NEVER be cancelled because it is among the best comedies ever put on television.

A show that was cancelled, and is returning later this year is The X-Files.  The X-Files will have soooo much to work with now.  A six episode deal has been green lit by FOX with the possibility of more in the future.  At least FOX sometimes gets it right.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 02:40 AM)GodFather Wrote: In Treatment on HBO and also Mind Of The Married Man. Two great shows that ended way too soon!!!

Yeah Mind of the Married Man just disappeared.  I really liked that one.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
FireFly.
StarGate Universe.
Terminator the Sarah Conner Chronicles
Chuck (it ran its course but enjoyed it)
robot combat league
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 08:34 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: It may sound strange given it had 8 seasons, but I'll throw out Curb Your Enthusiam.  I'd gladly watch Larry David for another two or three years. 

And, even though I was just 2 when it was canceled, I'll go retro and say the original Star Trek series.  It was way ahead of its time.  Too bad they didn't get to at least finish their five-year mission.  Another 50 or so episodes would have been really cool. 

the first 3 seasons of the Next generation were originally written for TOS.. just FYI if you kinda wanna see what they would have been
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 03:53 PM)Bryan Wrote: Nerd culture is very big right now. The Big Bang Theory is both to thank and to blame for that. But as a nerd, it upsets me when people say "OMG I just watched all the Marvel Movies. I'm such a nerd lolz". These people who've never picked up a comic book pretend to be nerds, yet they're the same people who chastised nerds just 10 years ago. That's what upsets me.

LOL the only comics i read are ALIEN or PREDATOR comics i pretty much hate marvel and most of DC..

But still consider myself a big time nerd just not a superhero nerd i like the dark and gritty.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 08:34 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: It may sound strange given it had 8 seasons, but I'll throw out Curb Your Enthusiam.  I'd gladly watch Larry David for another two or three years. 

Good news, it will come back for another season. Larry is consumed with his Broadway play currently and isn't thinking about another season till the play ends and he has time to recover from it. So it will most likely be in 2 years, but it will happen.
Reply/Quote
Yeah I always figure Curb was about when Larry wants to do it. When you have a bazillion dollars, you can do what you feel like doing when you feel like doing it.

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 08:59 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: [Image: th?id=JN.TKo0NtuS5u4vSP09YNlRgA&pid=15.1&P=0]

Funny, smart show about corporate culture. Forgot all about that one.

(06-25-2015, 10:43 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah Mind of the Married Man just disappeared. I really liked that one.

Also a good one.

(06-25-2015, 09:09 AM)Ben Richards Wrote: Curb might comeback if Larry wants to do it.  Larry David does what he wants.  This show could NEVER be cancelled because it is among the best comedies ever put on television.

(06-25-2015, 04:28 PM)GodFather Wrote: Good news, it will come back for another season. Larry is consumed with his Broadway play currently and isn't thinking about another season till the play ends and he has time to recover from it. So it will most likely be in 2 years, but it will happen.

All I can find is where he said in January that the odds were against it. That interview was quoted by many sources. If you can supply a later link where he said differently, please post it. I'd love to see another season.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Tenspeed and Brownshoe
This starred Jeff Goldbloom and Ben Vereen back in 1980 and lasted only one season.

Bosum Buddies
This had Tom Hanks and was only on for a season or two.

Heroes
But I understand why that show went off the air, it got way to complicated to follow. There is another coming though, trying to do it right this time.

The Fighting Fitzgeralds
This was on about 10 years ago about a father and sons living their lives without a mother who had died if I remember the plot correctly.

The Tonight Show starring Conan O'Brian
Ha Ha, just kidding, I don't like Conan.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but it always surprised me that the the original Star Trek was only 3 seasons.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote