Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tag Prices Set
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-sets-franchise-transition-tags-for-2023/ar-AA16V3ja

Some ones that will apply to Bengals:
- Safety (Bell): $14.46mill, $11.87mill TT
- TE (Hurst): $11.36mill FT, $9.72mill TT
- LB (Pratt): $20.93mill FT, $17.48mill TT

Note that Bates will be higher than the listed safety tag because he was already tagged this past season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 06:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-sets-franchise-transition-tags-for-2023/ar-AA16V3ja

Note that Bates will be higher than the listed safety tag because he was already tagged this past season.

Looks like the LB position is coming back in vogue. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
What is the difference if they tagged bates again? Just curious.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 07:14 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: What is the difference if they tagged bates again? Just curious.

A player that is tagged a second time gets 120% of the prior years tag amount. So he would be due 15.5 million this year if tagged again based on his $12.9 million last year.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Any of those players getting tags would be overpaying
Reply/Quote
This is not looking good. I would think Bell but at 14 mil per is too much. I think Bengals can get by with ADG but he has injury history. May have to draft a backer and safety this year. Damn. They could get both in drafting Skinner form Boise State. Dude is a freak.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Were probably losing all these guys. Lets accept it. Draft and trades will be insanely important
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 07:24 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This is not looking good.  I would think Bell but at 14 mil per is too much.  I think Bengals can get by with ADG but he has injury history.  May have to draft a backer and safety this year.  Damn.  They could get both in drafting Skinner form Boise State.  Dude is a freak.

About the closest I'd do for any of these tags is the Transition Tag for Hayden Hurst, but even that's steep for me given how TE is used in CIN.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
That's too steep for Hurst.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 07:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: About the closest I'd do for any of these tags is the Transition Tag for Hayden Hurst, but even that's steep for me given how TE is used in CIN.

There are some good TE this year.  Really good.  But I would think TE in second, not the first round.  The good ones will likely be gone by round 3.  They need IOL and RT.  They need a good backer, safety and CB.  It would be nice to get DL/DE but looking at how personnel decisions are unfolding, they may have to get DL/DE next year draft. 

Round 1: RT/or stud IOL
Round 2: TE
Round 3: Backer/Safety

I don't know.  And there is the RB situation.  If Bengals lose Perine, can Mixon sustain run game with better OL?  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 07:42 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: There are some good TE this year.  Really good.  But I would think TE in second, not the first round.  The good ones will likely be gone by round 3.  They need IOL and RT.  They need a good backer, safety and CB.  It would be nice to get DL/DE but looking at how personnel decisions are unfolding, they may have to get DL/DE next year draft. 

Round 1: RT/or stud IOL
Round 2: TE
Round 3: Backer/Safety

I don't know.  And there is the RB situation.  If Bengals lose Perine, can Mixon sustain run game with better OL?  

Bengals will need another RB if Perine is gone. Mixon can't block.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 07:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Bengals will need another RB if Perine is gone. Mixon can't block.

Can’t run much either.

Reply/Quote
These are the upper limits for these positions, none of these guys are elite in their respective position, and w the exception of Pratt/Bates are nearing 30 years old, which tends to drive the prices down. IMHO we will do something like this:

1) Vonn Bell- 3/27 million- that's good money for a guy his caliber and age.

2) Hayden Hurst- 2/14 million- again he's not elite, but he works well in our system.

3) Eli Apple- 2/8 million- solid depth guy as a #3/4 if he gets offered more than move on.

4) Pratt/ Bates- we will net comp picks for 2024 as they will command too much on the open market ( 2 4ths?) and we have drafted contingency plans, just need them to perform. ( Dax, ADG)

5) all other contracts will basically be under 2 million per year so we should be ok extending a few guys this offseason after the draft. (Burrow, Higgins,Wilson)

--- its really about the guaranteed money in the contracts, and I think they do a good job managing the cap and not overpaying for non premium positions.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 07:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Looks like the LB position is coming back in vogue. 

I think it's a lot like Oline. They all get lumped together and it skews the price. For instance Pratt gets classified as a LB, but so do folks like TJ Watt. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 07:49 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Can’t run much either.

there are two RB in this draft that would improve Bengals rushing attack, which indirectly would help Burrow.  Robinson is a blue chip stud.  If Robison is there at #28, Bengals have to take a long look.  The other is Charbonnet out of UCLA.  He is a better version of Perine.  The later mid rounds could be the answer.  Tank Bigsby, what a name, is a good one, and that kid from Texas A & M Archane.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 06:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-sets-franchise-transition-tags-for-2023/ar-AA16V3ja

(02-02-2023, 07:24 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This is not looking good.  I would think Bell but at 14 mil per is too much.  I think Bengals can get by with ADG but he has injury history.  May have to draft a backer and safety this year.  Damn.  They could get both in drafting Skinner form Boise State.  Dude is a freak.

(02-02-2023, 07:26 PM)Housh Wrote: Were probably losing all these guys. Lets accept it. Draft and trades will be insanely important

Not one of these guys is getting tag money.  It is very high for a reason.  

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 08:08 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: there are two RB in this draft that would improve Bengals rushing attack, which indirectly would help Burrow.  Robinson is a blue chip stud.  If Robison is there at #28, Bengals have to take a long look.  The other is Charbonnet out of UCLA.  He is a better version of Perine.  The later mid rounds could be the answer.  Tank Bigsby, what a name, is a good one, and that kid from Texas A & M Archane.  

No way we can afford to take a RB in the 1st with where our cap is heading, IMO.

Reply/Quote
If these projections are close, some are doable IMO.

-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 07:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: About the closest I'd do for any of these tags is the Transition Tag for Hayden Hurst, but even that's steep for me given how TE is used in CIN.

Bell is way more important than Hurst .. if we tag anyone it would be him, especially if we let Bates go, im sure we don;t want to lose both safeties in same year
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 08:49 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If these projections are close, some are doable IMO.

No way on Hurst.. he is not that valuable to our offense for that price.. let him walk like we did CJ if he wants anything over 3 year 18 million
Reply/Quote