Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Take Anthony Schwartz!
The problem with Schwartz is he needs work.
With his speed, he should have been (way) more productive than he was in college.
No more than 630 yards from scrimmage in a single season.
He's likely going to be "just" a boom-or-bust type of player for his first couple seasons as he develops.
Worth the risk on Day 3, but not earlier.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Schwartz reminds me of a poor mans Phillip Dorsett.
Great straight line speed and nothing more.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 06:42 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Schwartz running a 4.26 means nothing for how good of a prospect he is. We just got rid of Ross, who holds the NFL record for the 40. He stunk, and added very little to the offense. If they can get him late, then that’s fine but people put a lot of weight into speed when it doesn’t have a huge impact on how good a player is.

This, I am one of those people... Cry

Speed is great when you have all the other tools.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 03:51 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Anthony Schwartz ran a $.26 40 yard dash at the Auburn pro day!

That's LIGHTNING FAST!

He does have some weaknesses, like he gets jammed at the line, doesn't have the best route running abilities outside of just a go route, skinny, and is kind of an all or nothing guy, but he's only 20 and those things can be coached-up at the next level! I'm actually liking our coaching staff to help players transition to the next level!  He's so young that he's not even fully developed in his game and will still develop into what I think will be an explosive player.

Put him in the slot and I think it helps ease the loss of AJ because it will keep safeties honest and off our receivers on the outside.

He can also excel in the run game on reverses and other gadget plays.

Here's 3 minutes of highlights from 2019:

Here's more: 

We attended his pro day and met with him, so it sounds like we're interested.

Projected to be taken early in the fourth which I think would be a PERFECT place for us to take him!

We just let the guy with the fastest combine go....
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2021, 11:16 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: We just let the guy with the fastest combine go....

So we should never draft another speed guy? There’s a big difference between gambling a top 10 pick on a track star as opposed to a day 3 pick.

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2021, 11:16 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: We just let the guy with the fastest combine go....
Because he couldn't do much else, we didn't develop him, and we took him WAY too early.  

That wreaked of a Mike Brown pick- a one-trick pony guy with one special quality that he thinks will draw fans and magically turn into a superstar.  This kid's young and has more natural receiving ability than Ross had, he just needs to be developed more, which can happen with him being so young.
(03-29-2021, 11:23 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So we should never draft another speed guy? There’s a big difference between gambling a top 10 pick on a track star as opposed to a day 3 pick.

Exactly.

Schwartz would be the type of pick with enormous potential at a very low cost, and I trust the franchise more now to help guys develop than I ever did when Ross was drafted.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2021, 11:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This, I am one of those people... Cry

Speed is great when you have all the other tools.

Name one Day 3 draft prospect in this draft with all the other tools.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2021, 01:07 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Because he couldn't do much else, we didn't develop him, and we took him WAY too early.  

That wreaked of a Mike Brown pick- a one-trick pony guy with one special quality that he thinks will draw fans and magically turn into a superstar.  This kid's young and has more natural receiving ability than Ross had, he just needs to be developed more, which can happen with him being so young.

Exactly.

Schwartz would be the type of pick with enormous potential at a very low cost, and I trust the franchise more now to help guys develop than I ever did when Ross was drafted.

Not true at all.

Ross was not a "one trick pony."
If you say that, you clearly didn't watch any of his college tape.
Dude had 81 receptions his senior year, putting up 1150 yards and 17 TDs (which is far more than Schwartz has put up in any season).
If you watched the tape, you'd know that Ross ran plenty of short and intermediate routes and also was an elite redzone weapon.
He didn't work out for the Bengals because he wasn't durable and missed some catches. It wasn't that he only had straight-line speed and nothing else.

Schwartz is far more raw than John Ross was coming out of college, and there's a reason he's projected as a Day 3 pick even with that elite speed.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2021, 01:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Not true at all.

Ross was not a "one trick pony."
If you say that, you clearly didn't watch any of his college tape.
Dude had 81 receptions his senior year, putting up 1150 yards and 17 TDs (which is far more than Schwartz has put up in any season).
If you watched the tape, you'd know that Ross ran plenty of short and intermediate routes and also was an elite redzone weapon.
He didn't work out for the Bengals because he wasn't durable and missed some catches. It wasn't that he only had straight-line speed and nothing else.

Schwartz is far more raw than John Ross was coming out of college, and there's a reason he's projected as a Day 3 pick even with that elite speed.
misssed catches implies trying and effort to do so...the guy never showed he wanted to lay his  body out or put in extra effort to get a ball. Honestly watching this crazy fast guy try and be a football player was just perplexing to me .  Maybe Schwartz has that dog in him that Ross clearly doesnt have?
Reply/Quote
I probably like him more than Dyami who people are wanting in the 2nd. He seems more versatile and faster. If we get Chase and him our reciever's would be f'n scary.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2021, 01:21 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Name one Day 3 draft prospect in this draft with all the other tools.

Jaelon Darden, Tylan Wallace, Eskridge...

I give you 3.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2021, 04:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Jaelon Darden, Tylan Wallace, Eskridge...

I give you 3.

Tylan Wallace is not a day 3 prospect but they get the point ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2021, 03:35 PM)yang Wrote: I probably like him more than Dyami who people are wanting in the 2nd.   He seems more versatile and faster.   If we get Chase and him our reciever's would be f'n scary.

Dyami Brown can actually run routes and get open he doesn't just have straight line speed. Their is no comparison of Brown to Schwartz. It's not even close. You obviously don't watch these WR's play.

Dyami Brown had 55 catches for 1100 yards and 8 TD's in 2020 . 51 catches for 1034 and 12 TD's in 2019. I rest my case he can't carry Brown's jock.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2021, 04:34 PM)pulses Wrote: Tylan Wallace is not a day 3 prospect but they get the point ThumbsUp

Yeah, Tylan probably goes in the 2nd but you never know...

Crazy stuff happens in the Draft every year. Didn't expect Tee to make it out of the first last year.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2021, 01:07 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Because he couldn't do much else, we didn't develop him, and we took him WAY too early.  

Exactly.

people say it reeked of a mike brown pick but when has mike brown been know for selecting FAST WRs that cant catch in round 1 that was always an Al Davis move.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2021, 04:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Jaelon Darden, Tylan Wallace, Eskridge...

I give you 3.

I like these prospects also, but Darden and Eskridge obviously lack size and are projected as slot receivers. And Auburn doesn’t have level of competition questionsThus they aren’t Day 3 prospects with all the tools. Wallace isn’t a Day 3 prospect. If they had all the tools they wouldn’t be Day 3 prospects.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2021, 05:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: people say it reeked of a mike brown pick but when has mike brown been know for selecting FAST WRs that cant catch in round 1 that was always an Al Davis move.

From what I remember, Zampese and Tobin wanted Ross, Marvin wanted someone else. Mike Brown chose to side with Tobin and Zampese.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2021, 05:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: people say it reeked of a mike brown pick but when has mike brown been know for selecting FAST WRs that cant catch in round 1 that was always an Al Davis move.

I don't think it had anything to do with the type of player he was and everything to do with Mike figured it would excite the fanbase and bring in money.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 04:21 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Sorry pass on him.
Auburn isnt a school that produces NFL quality WRs.
Rather have Kadarious Toney or Tylan Wallace.
Plus Zac Taylor hasnt shown me in 2 years he knows
How to use WRs that are lightning fast.
ZT is clueless when it comes to being creative
With WRs.

He hasn't shown he even knows there is a position called tight end let alone how to use one but some people on here are still pounding the table for Pitts 
Reply/Quote
Honestly, after what I saw from Eskridge at the Senior Bowl, when I factor in his kick returning ability not to mention he played CB last year as well, I would rather have Eskridge as our later round WR over Schwartz. I would even give our forth round pick for him as I think that highly of him.
Reply/Quote