Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Take a Bow!!!
A little love for the much-maligned Drew Sample:

CJ credited him with a massive block on Calais Campbell to spring his 55 yard TD. Cool!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 06:57 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: In honor of Dave Lapham's common "Take a Bow" praise for players during the game when they make a big play, I thought we could have a threat of people telling Bengals to "Take a Bow".

I will go first, and let's try to keep it to one person per poster.

Sam Hubbard, TAKE A BOW.

2.5 sacks, relentless pressure.  Three solo tackles.  One pass defensed.  He kept his energy level at 10 the entire game.  

Who have you got?

Gonna have to watch the entire game but man Ja'Marr Chase, TAKE A BOW.

Dude is just a gamebreaker. Great route runner, great hands, great explosion, hard as hell to tackle, great effort, fast etc.

Has great timing with Burrow and can just get a big play for us at any time when we need one.

I don't think we will be out of a game with this guy on the team and our Defense right now.

Exciting times man! Rock On
Reply/Quote
I need this team to make a shuffle singing video, this team is memorable.

Heck, even Perine shined in this game.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 07:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Take a Bow, CJ Uzomah.  91 yards and 2 TDs on just 3 catches.  Talk about making the most of one's limited opportunities..

Makes me want the Bengals to either sign a good FA TE in the off-season or draft one.

CJ's play just shows how valuable to our offense a receiving TE can be.

Unless Moss is an untapped talent to produce for us...  I'd hate to think about the drop off from UZ.

Sample just isn't that guy.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Take a bow Refs.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 08:05 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Makes me want the Bengals to either sign a good FA TE in the off-season or draft one.

CJ's play just shows how valuable to our offense a receiving TE can be.

Unless Moss is an untapped talent to produce for us...  I'd hate to think about the drop off from UZ.

Sample just isn't that guy.

Agree, I either want a FA TE or to draft one early to really take this Offense to the next level.

Keep Uzo here though, love this guy.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 08:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agree, I either want a FA TE or to draft one early to really take this Offense to the next level.

Keep Uzo here though, love this guy.

Yep.

No slight to Uz, but we need to have more talent in the TE room even if it's for emergency purposes or to spell him.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 08:13 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Yep.

No slight to Uz, but we need to have more talent in the TE room even if it's for emergency purposes or to spell him.

Of course and as much as I defended Drew in the past I believe you are correct and he is just useless in the passing game 
from what I saw this year. He is a clumsy plodder, good blocker and that is it. We need a game changing red zone threat at 
TE that is big and fast and can run routes. Would put this Offense on another level.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 07:03 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Has to be CJ Uzomah with not only his big day today, but his solid season thus far. Coming off an injury and a target of many threads around here in the off-season saying he should be cut, the guy has gotten it done this year.

I gotta eat crow on this one... I was wrong about CJ...
Reply/Quote
This is the coaching staff we’ve been wanting to see for years and they showed it today, kept the foot on the gas throughout the whole game and didn’t go conservative and give it up like Marvin would have.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 07:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Remember back to the offseason, when many on here wanted the team to release him, to have more cap space to spend?  I wonder what those folks are thinking these days?

I think culture is the most important aspect of a great team. People, myself included are always quick to get rid of a player and pick up someone else. Players on this team have to feel they have the trust of management and the coaching staff. If they do I am sure they play more relaxed and unafraid to make a mistake.

I don't remember a Bengals team that has been more fun to watch as a complete team. From the head coach down to the FG kicker.

Go Bengals!
Reply/Quote
Take a bow Frank Pollack, he hasn't been mentioned yet, so I will. Yes, there was pressure early.....but no sacks until late. He had these guys ready to play. Hopkins was pancaking fools on the two TD runs. Nice effort up front against a legit top 5 NFL defense in their house.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 07:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, on that same note.  The broadcasters showed some graphic about Tight Ends Day, and featured Mark Andrews, without even a mention of Uzomah, who's having his best season as a pro. I just found it ironic that Uzo had the great game, and Andrews produced very little today.

You can thank me for taking him in fanduel.  Hilarious

OH! P.S. Dammit Sunset!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rant

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Take a bow, Joe Burrow.

He faced a DC that physically destroyed him last year. Like literally. He adapted, executed, and put 400 plus yards with 3 touchdowns on the same DC, leading an offense that looked unstoppable in the second half. That's what you want to see out of the guy you expect to be the face of the franchise for the next 15 years.
Reply/Quote
CJ UZOMAH desrves more targets.
Reply/Quote
Take a bow Jackson Carman.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 11:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Take a bow Jackson Carman.

Reiff too as well as Hopkins, great blocks. Just manhandled them Ravens! Rock On
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 11:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Take a bow Jackson Carman.

That was great blocking all around, 75(prince?) Sealed 97 for the ravens out too, and reif had a good block down field. 
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 11:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Take a bow Jackson Carman.

What an absolutely B R U T A L block, goodness.
Reply/Quote
Ogunjobi ... keeping the rush attack of the Ravens at bay (along with Hubbard). Take a Bow big man!
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote