Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Take a bow....week 1
(09-09-2019, 01:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You left out Billings and Dunlap who also had a great game. Fun game to watch and honestly we were better than i thought
we would be in the first game against a tough opponent in one of the most hostile environments possible. Loved seeing Ross
and Billings step up. Hubbard was a beast. Ross is so damn talented, just have to keep giving him chances, he can have huge
games like this all the time if Dalton keeps going to him.

Great game, just have to get the run game going and we will be tough.

True, brother, and Glasgow who actually got the start over Billings.  

Defense playing tough.  Offense using ALL their weapons based on what the defense gives them.  Special teams looking good (Huber), bummer about Erickson's fumble.  

This team will win 10 games, or more.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 04:50 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: TE position gets a nod also. This was an inspiring game with great effort. Something we haven't consistently seen the last few years.

Yeah, Nate, how did you and I not mention our favorite play?  The TE screen was HUGE in this game!
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 09:21 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Hopkins played great.

Maybe fans can chill out now about Price. They beg for competition, then get it and then trash the guy that gets beat out. Maybe, just maybe Price will also step into a role soon, maybe he is not bad, Hopkins is just very good.

Hopkins was the top C in the league the first week according to PFF.
He has a grade of 77.0 (pass - 82.3, run - 75.2).

As for the other OL...
Hart - 29th OT with a rating of 64.0 (64.2, 60.3)
Smith - 36th OT with a rating of 59.5 (61.1, 53.3) 
Jordan - 46th OG with a rating of 56.2 (58.3, 53.6)
Miller - 57th OG with a rating of 52.9 (69.9, 40.5)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 12:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Hopkins was the top C in the league the first week according to PFF.

As for the other OL...

Thanks for info on OL rankings

So Hart was top 50% of OT since 64 starting OT's in league each week. Smith was close to top 50%

Jordan was respectable for a rookie starter

Miller needs to be better according to PFF
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 12:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Hopkins was the top C in the league the first week according to PFF.

As for the other OL...

Let's keep it real.  Over at Bengals Jungle there is some good tape of the line not blocking anyone on the second level, especially Hopkins which allowed Wagner to run free and stuff our run game.  It's why PFF isn't the whole story.  But mostly this is abysmal and we won't get very far with this line and teams learn to exploit it.  It severely limits what our offense can do if we can't run block or pass block longer than 2 seconds if you know what I mean.   Sample also showed why it takes a few years for TE's to develop and why he was probably a really bad pick at 2.   He was getting crushed and looked lost. 
Reply/Quote
I was extremely shocked at what our offense did in the 1st half. Very Pleased!!! 2nd half they just disappeared as the seachickens made great adjustments to thwart any offensive attack!

Take a Bow???? NOT TILL WE WIN THE GAME!!! Mediocrity will NEVER win a SB!!

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 12:33 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Thanks for info on OL rankings

So Hart was top 50% of OT since 64 starting OT's in league each week. Smith was close to top 50%

Jordan was respectable for a rookie starter

Miller needs to be better according to PFF

Miller was actually pretty good in pass protection. It was his run blocking that was abysmal and really brought his rating down.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 12:54 PM)yang Wrote: Let's keep it real.  Over at Bengals Jungle there is some good tape of the line not blocking anyone on the second level, especially Hopkins which allowed Wagner to run free and stuff our run game.  It's why PFF isn't the whole story.  But mostly this is abysmal and we won't get very far with this line and teams learn to exploit it.  It severely limits what our offense can do if we can't run block or pass block longer than 2 seconds if you know what I mean.   Sample also showed why it takes a few years for TE's to develop and why he was probably a really bad pick at 2.   He was getting crushed and looked lost. 

Here we go, trashing a draft pick after 1 NFL start???????????

He was not a 2 pick, he was a second round pick or closer to 45 than 2.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 10:18 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: True, brother, and Glasgow who actually got the start over Billings.  

Defense playing tough.  Offense using ALL their weapons based on what the defense gives them.  Special teams looking good (Huber), bummer about Erickson's fumble.  

This team will win 10 games, or more.  

Glasgow played well too, I don't know if I have seen a more complete game from the Bengals. Sucks we couldn't pull it out
but this game was very encouraging. Huber was punting great. Erickson's fumble definitely hurt us bad, I don't know how he
avoids that fumble though the way Burr Kirven popped the ball out.

I think you may be right about 10 wins if we can stay healthy. Just have to get the running game going.

All I know is we look better than I thought we would right out of the gate.

We were the better team, look at the yardage. We just had some tough breaks at the wrong times.

(09-10-2019, 10:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yeah, Nate, how did you and I not mention our favorite play?  The TE screen was HUGE in this game!

Yes, love the middle TE screen. Uzi played well and I am happy Eifert stayed healthy. Rock On
Reply/Quote

As for the other OL...

If Price is healthy i think we ought to give him a shot at RG if Miller continues to struggle in the run game.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:04 PM)McC Wrote: He just needed to be loved instead of resented.  Pretty simple really.

Wasn't it Reuben Foster Marvin wanted?  He's turned out great, hasn't he?

It was OJ Howard for me....Still wanted him.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
So according to PFF, Hart was the Highest Rated O-Lineman against Seattle for the Bengals... Hmm
Maybe Give Price a shot at starting at RG.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 02:54 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: So according to PFF, Hart was the Highest Rated O-Lineman against Seattle for the Bengals... Hmm
Maybe Give Price a shot at starting at RG.

Nope. Hopkins.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 07:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nope. Hopkins.

Don't know Nicomo, Hopkins has been playing great at Center, best in the league according to PFF.

Price played great at Guard at OSU for multiple years. I would start Price at RG when he is healthy if Miller keeps his poor
pass protection up myself. Hopkins hasn't looked near as good at Guard as Center. Just my thoughts.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 01:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If Price is healthy i think we ought to give him a shot at RG if Miller continues to struggle in the run game.

I'd give Price every chance to win the RG spot, in spite of what Miller does. Dude isn't a world beater and Price was a high draft pick that they need to play. I'd feel better with a guy like Miller coming off the bench than i would Price. 

Kind of goes against the "players that deserve to play will", so we'll see...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 10:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Don't know Nicomo, Hopkins has been playing great at Center, best in the league according to PFF.

Price played great at Guard at OSU for multiple years. I would start Price at RG when he is healthy if Miller keeps his poor
pass protection up myself. Hopkins hasn't looked near as good at Guard as Center. Just my thoughts.

Wait...what? I was just pointing out Hopkins was the highest rated, not Hart.

Reply/Quote
Watched the game again Hopkins did play very well. Thank god for quick passing game or it would have been more sacks. But they still did better than I thought they would.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 10:53 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Watched the game again Hopkins did play very well.   Thank god for quick passing game or it would have been more sacks. But they still did better than I thought they would.

I'm gonna watch it again when the wife goes to bed.

No spoilers!!  Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 10:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'd give Price every chance to win the RG spot, in spite of what Miller does. Dude isn't a world beater and Price was a high draft pick that they need to play. I'd feel better with a guy like Miller coming off the bench than i would Price. 

Kind of goes against the "players that deserve to play will", so we'll see...

Right on, write on.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

As for the other OL...

Thanks, Ocho. 

Clearly defenses have the edge early as a 77, while very good, is not a stellar grade.  I would love to see how Seattle's line fared.  I would imagine much worse.  And same with Cleveland and pissburgh.  

Hart was our second highest rated offensive lineman (barely).  I believe when Glenn gets back the line will look even better.  I was amazed by Jordan's performance for his first start as a (late) 4th round pick.  He's going to be very good for a long time.  

Looking at the line as a whole:  not ONE false start penalty.  Really impressive given their first start together and in that venue.  
Reply/Quote