Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Take a bow....week 1
(09-10-2019, 01:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If Price is healthy i think we ought to give him a shot at RG if Miller continues to struggle in the run game.

That being over his shoulder should get the most out of Miller or he will be replaced by Price.   I doubt we have seen the last out of him, but I bet it won't happen until he is completely healed.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 06:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That being over his shoulder should get the most out of Miller or he will be replaced by Price.   I doubt we have seen the last out of him, but I bet it won't happen until he is completely healed.  

Yeah and I want Price completely healed before coming back.

Sucks when players come back too soon only to immediately reinjure themselves.

Want to see Price healthy. Think he will take the RG spot once he is if Miller keeps up this poor run blocking.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 10:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'd give Price every chance to win the RG spot, in spite of what Miller does. Dude isn't a world beater and Price was a high draft pick that they need to play. I'd feel better with a guy like Miller coming off the bench than i would Price. 

Kind of goes against the "players that deserve to play will", so we'll see...

Don't think Price has been completely healthy.

Pretty sure he will get every chance to win the RG spot once he is.

(09-10-2019, 10:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Wait...what? I was just pointing out Hopkins was the highest rated, not Hart.

Oh, sorry Nicomo, misunderstood.

(09-11-2019, 06:53 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Thanks, Ocho. 

Clearly defenses have the edge early as a 77, while very good, is not a stellar grade.  I would love to see how Seattle's line fared.  I would imagine much worse.  And same with Cleveland and pissburgh.  

Hart was our second highest rated offensive lineman (barely).  I believe when Glenn gets back the line will look even better.  I was amazed by Jordan's performance for his first start as a (late) 4th round pick.  He's going to be very good for a long time.  

Looking at the line as a whole:  not ONE false start penalty.  Really impressive given their first start together and in that venue.  

This is what a lot of us wanted to see from this Line, penalties to a minimum.

Glenn better get better at run blocking is all i can say. All these guys need to get better in this department.

Andre has shown he is a good run blocker in the past. I would stick with him at LT.

Clowney can abuse any OT when he is properly motivated.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 08:48 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: In honor of one of Dave Lapham's favorite quotes, "Take a bow" recognizes the top performers from week 1.

Take a bow (in no particular order):

[b]Andy Dalton
[/b]-  No rushing attack to speak of.  The pocket afforded to Dalton...well, let's say you could fit five of them inside what was afforded to Brady last night.  Without AJ Green.  Without his starting LT.  With a rookie at X. Dalton stayed cool under pressure and had a great game against a really good defense.  Keep it up, Andy.  Your first experience with an offensive head coach is going to be a very good one.  

John Ross
-  I don't care what has happened in his first two seasons under Marv.  In his FIRST GAME under ZT, with no AJ drawing coverage, he showed his potential impact on this team.  He didn't let an early drop and an NFL rectal on a reviewed catch (WTF were they looking at?) affect him.  And Dalton kept going to him.  The funny part?  I STILL don't think they have tapped what he can do on screens.  That first TD?  The second would-be tackler wouldn't have got him in flag football.  Hilarious.  Way to prove the doubters wrong, John.  

The offensive line, in particular, Michael Jordan.  Never heard the rookies name, and that is what you want on the offensive line.  Amazing start for the rookie.  Can't wait to see the PFF rankings here.   Bobby Hart, John Miller, and Trey Hopkins deserve credit here as well.  Andre did his best in a tough situation and was getting destroyed by Clowney....but who doesn't?  Here is what I saw:  They were challenged early, and beat badly in the early parts of the game, but they didn't get frustrated and quit...they adapted.  They got better as a unit as time went on.  The rushing attack was stymied by Seattle's insistence of staying in a 4-3 base look and they dared the Bengals to beat them in the air.  Pass blocking is harder than run blocking and most offensive linemen would tell you they would prefer to hit the opponent rather than catch.  They had to pass block 51 times and Dalton rarely got him.  Major props, fellas.  

Sam Hubbard-  This guy would be talked about like Clowney if he played for any other team.  He came in stronger, faster, and with an attitude.  His play raised the standard for the entire defensive line.  And Wilson's knee hit on what should have been a THIRD sack for Hubbard.  He also did a fantastic job of sealing the edge when Russell kept the ball.  I would give him the game ball.

Preston Brown, Nick Vigil, and Jordan Evans-  They used to call the offensive line in the 90s "The M&M Boys" for "Much Maligned".  That is these guys.  Our worst position group stuffed the #1 rushing offense in the league last year to the tune of 2.9 ypc.  I heard boos in the stands as their run KEPT GETTING STUFFED.  Great job, guys.  

Coaches- The right scheme.  The right attitude.  The right use of the roster.  I believe we will also see this scheme change from  week to week (or even at halftime?   Ninja ) without BS excuses like "we don't have time to change, we just need to tackle better".  I have said for years that this team had the talent but was hamstrung by the poor coaching.  No more.  Thank you, coaches.  I could almost picture Marv's dazed look while being curb-stomped if you weren't here.

The game I watched they lost!!!!! If we continue to pump them up, they will start to believe they won and this sunday they will lay a gaint egg,just sayin,as I have seen this way too many times.The media is already giving them ice cream and cookies and they are believing they are great.Until this franchise wins big in ANY YEAR,I am holding my praises and all of you should too. Yawn
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 06:08 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote:  
The game I watched they lost!!!!! If we continue to pump them up, they will start to believe they won and this sunday they will lay a gaint egg,just sayin,as I have seen this way too many times.The media is already giving them ice cream and cookies and they are believing they are great.Until this franchise wins big in ANY YEAR,I am holding my praises and all of you should too. Yawn

You keep repeating this.  Makes me think you haven't read a single quote from anyone on the team or coaching staff.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

I choose to praise good performances.  I will similarly criticize them if they lay a giant egg, but in no way will I hold this year's team accountable for things that happened under Marvin Lewis.  
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 06:50 PM)McC Wrote: You keep repeating this.  Makes me think you haven't read a single quote from anyone on the team or coaching staff.

True, the team and coaching staff are holding themselves accountable.

They are not praising themselves.

We are fans and should be able to list the good things we saw last Sunday.

(09-12-2019, 07:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I choose to praise good performances.  I will similarly criticize them if they lay a giant egg, but in no way will I hold this year's team accountable for things that happened under Marvin Lewis.  

Exactly, nothing wrong with this. We saw a completely different team last Sunday against a formidable opponent in 
one of the most hostile environments possible. Marv would of taken a knee going into the Half and probably wouldn't
of even taken the timeout to get us the lead going into the Half.

If people cannot see the reasons for being excited about this new coaching staff i don't know what to say to them.
Reply/Quote
The game I watched they lost!!!!! If we continue to pump them up, they will start to believe they won and this sunday they will lay a gaint egg,just sayin,as I have seen this way too many times.The media is already giving them ice cream and cookies and they are believing they are great.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, you want the team to believe they suck?  Nervous
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2019, 12:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, the team and coaching staff are holding themselves accountable.

They are not praising themselves.

We are fans and should be able to list the good things we saw last Sunday.

Exactly, nothing wrong with this. We saw a completely different team last Sunday against a formidable opponent in 
one of the most hostile environments possible. Marv would of taken a knee going into the Half and probably wouldn't
of even taken the timeout to get us the lead going into the Half.

If people cannot see the reasons for being excited about this new coaching staff i don't know what to say to them.

I will take this one step further and say that not only does his history dictate that he would not have gone back to Ross the play after a wide open drop, but he might have held a grudge a while longer than a few plays.  Now, because of how ZT has approached Ross, they may have found a difference-making weapon for the rest of the season and beyond.  I mean, they score 6 points without Ross.  
Reply/Quote

What about fish? Did you buy and/or bite any fish?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote