Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Take that, entertainment industry libs!
(12-27-2016, 10:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Your weak and meager attempt to reduce the impact of the words of that single sentence, only go to prove the hypocrisy of the current Liberal people.

You're insistence that one, unattributed, line in a story is fodder to blame the entire liberal entertainment media only goes to show how far you will stretch to make a "point".

And how bored the rest of us our to even entertain ourselves by responding.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-27-2016, 10:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Oh crap, if I keep acting non-PC you're liable to think I'm fit to run the country!  Did I mention how stupid dames are, lately?

Ahem!

"Broads".

Ninja
(12-27-2016, 10:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: You're insistence that one, unattributed, line in a story is fodder to blame the entire liberal entertainment media only goes to show how far you will stretch to make a "point".

And how bored the rest of us our to even entertain ourselves by responding.

Potato
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
In summation:

Liberals warn 16 year old girl to stay away from man accused of being serial rapist. Girl doesn't listen. Monetarily benefits from association. I really hope all the women who avoid me due to my extreme perviness are taking notes!
Is the DADDY going to visit her in her changing room before the performance?

Would you let the DADDY in there with your daughter sunset?
(12-27-2016, 02:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: Heck, I can't remember the last time I bought a christmas album!  LOL!

I'm guessing it was A Partridge Family Christmas, or Christmas with The Chipmunks.

ThumbsUp

(12-27-2016, 09:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Also, Trump and his cronies are WAY too into under-aged girls.  Just a side note, there.

I was thinking that having a 16 yr old was kind of......weird.
Pizza ?
Ninja
(12-27-2016, 09:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The main thing that I wanted to point out, by posting that article, is the line about Trump detractors criticizing the young lady and telling her that it could ruin her career.  And, after all of the "celebrities" that stated absurd things like they would leave the Country, etc., and then failing to live up to their words, I think it a bit trite that they attempt to bully a young girl for accepting to sing the Nation Anthem at the Presidential Inauguration.

All of the other arguments, tangents, and deflections are just typical P&R forum fluff.. ThumbsUp

For what it is worth, I don't agree with the "liberal" musicians trying to do an ad hoc boycott of the inauguration and making veiled threats to those participating.

I can agree with you on that count. ThumbsUp

And of course we have to have arguments, tangents and deflections. What else would we have to talk about here? Ninja

[Image: 960.jpg]

Bengalzona: "Hey, Sunset. You see that thar mumblemumble President's speech last night?"

Sunset: "Why yeah, BZ. I did."

Fredtoast: "I wonder if the CIA was checking to make sure we watched?"

bfine32: "It was too long. I ended up switching to Charlie's Angels reruns."

Bengalzona: "Yup."

Sunset: "Yup."

Fredtoast: "Yup."

bfine32: "Yup."

Bengalzona: "Hey, how about them dadburnedmumblemumble Bengals this year?"

(12-27-2016, 09:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: However, your response suggests she is not good; as you suggest you would rather sell music by being good as opposed to  the route she is taking.

Is the girl any good? I have no idea, but I'm not winning to say no simply because she has been invited to sing at the Inogiration. Seems more like something bitter ols men would do.

BTW Justin Beiber is very talented. Not my type of music, but that is beside the point. 

I never suggested that she wasn't good. I did say that she had to be better than Miley Cirus (but then again, Tiny Tim was better than Miley Circus). Your reading something into what I said that wasn't there. I'm merely stating my opinion: I'd much rather people buy my work because it is good and not because of any political affiliation. For all I know, she may even agree with that (which would be really cool ThumbsUp ).

We disagree about the Beibs level of talent. But hey, if you dig his jams then more power to ya, bro. :andy:
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(12-27-2016, 11:21 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Is the DADDY going to visit her in her changing room before the performance?

Would you let the DADDY in there with your daughter sunset?

I'll take that as a no. Good to hear we have a predator going into office that even his most ardent supporters wouldn't choose on care.com.
(12-29-2016, 12:40 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I'll take that as a no.  Good to hear we have a predator going into office that even his most ardent supporters wouldn't choose on care.com.

Wait, you just responded to your own post.  What sort of narcissistic psycho are you? 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(12-29-2016, 01:21 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wait, you just responded to your own post.  What sort of narcissistic psycho are you? 

One who responds to people that make legitimate inquiries. Are direct questions narcissistic to you these days? I'll keep you sesnistivities to Daddy's perversions in mind next time. No that I know that hurts your feelings / narrative. Carry on sweetheart.

Nice deflection though. I wouldn't want to answer that question either if I were a staunch Daddy's boy with a daughter either.
(12-29-2016, 01:21 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wait, you called me out for not answering a relevant question! Not FAIR!

FTFY
http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/12/29/bristol-palin-blasts-artists-donald-trump-inauguration

Quote:Bristol Palin Blasts Artists for Refusing to Perform at Trump Inauguration

share this
?subject=Bristol%20Palin%20Blasts%20Artists%20for%20Refusing%20to%20Perform%20at%20Trump%20Inauguration&body=Check%20out%20this%20article%20from%20Fox%20News%20Insider:%20%0A%0Ahttp://insider.foxnews.com/2016/12/29/bristol-palin-blasts-artists-donald-trump-inauguration

Dec 29, 2016 // 1:06pm 

Quote:[/url]

Follow
[Image: Square_normal.png]Bristol Palin 

@BristolsBlog
Rude!! 11 A-list artists that refused to perform at Donald Trump’s inauguration - https://goo.gl/z0ff83 
2:25 PM - 28 Dec 2016
[Image: proxy.jpg?t=HBhraHR0cDovL3dwLnByb2R1Y3Rp...w1RXNbcGqY]
[url=https://t.co/zuQTwJUvay]11 A-list artists that refused to perform at Donald Trump’s inauguration
It's time the millionaire elites step aside and make some room for new talent to take their place.
patheos.com

Bristol Palin has called out a number of musicians as "sissies" for refusing to perform Jan. 20 at the inauguration of President-elect Donald Trump.

In a post to her personal blog Wednesday, Palin lists 11 A-list artists who are skipping the inauguration "for fear of backlash or to stand against him (Trump) politically."

The following is an excerpt from the post:

Quote:"If Donald Trump were still just a regular old billionaire and threw a party at Trump Tower in New York City, celebrities would be lined up out the door, and the most famous artists would be pining for a chance to perform. But because he will be inaugurated as the next Republican president in January, these same mega-celebrities, who would normally drool over an invitation to sing for the president, want no part of it."

According to Palin, the following musicians wanted no part of the inauguration: Elton John, Celine Dion, Andrea Bocelli, The Chainsmokers, Garth Brooks, Justin Timberlake, Bruno Mars, Katy Perry, Aretha Franklin, David Foster and KISS.
Palin continued:

Quote:"Isn't it amazing how 'not cool' it is to be conservative in the public eye? Either Hollywood is that far off – or we have so many sissies we have [sic] in the spot light too scared to stand for what they believe in!"

Currently scheduled to perform Jan. 20 are Jackie Evancho, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and the New York City Rockettes, though several members of the dance troupe are not happy about having to perform for Trump.
(12-30-2016, 09:54 AM)GMDino Wrote: http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/12/29/bristol-palin-blasts-artists-donald-trump-inauguration
Bristol Palin is quote worthy ?

Why would anyone care what her opinion is ?

(In general, not asking quoted poster)

I don't know why anyone cares who plays at Trump's party, either.

Seems like tabloid material.
(12-27-2016, 09:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: When I think of politics and musicians I think of artists like John Fogerty who refuse to let right-wing politician use their songs and/or Toby Keith being a registered Democrat while he sold every good ol' boy redneck a bunch of feel-good jingoistic nonsense set to music.

I don't know if he is allowed to do that if his music is available for sale.  The reason I say that is Chrissie Hynde hates that Rush uses a Pretender's song and donates the proceeds to charity.  Perhaps he bought the right to use it before she knew.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(12-30-2016, 12:45 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Bristol Palin is quote worthy ?

Same reason a Yahoo news story with no citations or quotes was worthy.   Mellow
And since I'm a fan of Elton I will say in his defense that he did play at Rush Limbaugh's wedding. So it may be Trump more than ideology.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(12-30-2016, 01:20 PM)GMDino Wrote: Same reason a Yahoo news story with no citations or quotes was worthy.   Mellow

The one about Pakistan and fake news ?

Fair enough.

I did note that I hadn't seen anything to back it up.

But, to reiterate, my post quoting you was not judging you for sharing.
It was more towards the media, in general.
I just don't understand why she (or any other offspring/relatives of political figures) is worth relaying, barring research for a biography, ect..
(12-30-2016, 02:23 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: The one about Pakistan and fake news ?

Fair enough.

I did note that I hadn't seen anything to back it up.

But, to reiterate, my post quoting you was not judging you for sharing.
It was more towards the media, in general.
I just don't understand why she (or any other offspring/relatives of political figures) is worth relaying, barring research for a biography, ect..

No the 1st post in this thread...not yours.

I didn't feel judged, just explaining why I shared it.  Palin is as relevant as an anonymous quote that wasn't even quoted in the OP.   Smirk
(12-30-2016, 02:26 PM)GMDino Wrote: No the 1st post in this thread...not yours.

I didn't feel judged, just explaining why I shared it.  Palin is as relevant as an anonymous quote that wasn't even quoted in the OP.   Smirk

Okie doke.

Sorry for the mix-up.
That article in the thread of mine was from Yahoo news and it wasn't verified.
(12-30-2016, 12:45 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Bristol Palin is quote worthy ?

Good question. But, I'm sitting here eating breakfast and Fox News just quoted her. Bristol makes the Kardashians seem legit. 

Reminds me of the media attention Tim Tebow receives, but to a lesser degree. Even the sportscasters had Tim Tebow burnout, but claimed if they didn't cover the story someone else would.