Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could 8-0 Steelers be Taylors '03 Kansas City?
I don't think so, the 2003 Bengals had a sneaky good roster. In my mind they were two completely different teams, Obviously Burrow is way better then Kitna. Mixon is talented but Rudi was very good. The 2003 Bengals could run the ball and had a very good offensive line with Anderson, Goff, Braham, Steinbach, Jones vs. our O-line which isn't good and is playing against a great front 7. Boyd and Higgins are very good but 2003 Chad Johnson was a beast he had 90 rec , 1355 yards and 10 touchdowns. Far as the defenses go I don't remember much about the 2003 defense other than Justin Smith was good and that Spikes was gone. From what a recall the Bengals also had a big special teams Play vs. the Chiefs with the Peter Warwick kick return TD.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 10:37 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Ironically in that Chiefs game, a young 1st RD failure
At WR named Peter Warrick had his best ever as
A Bengal.

Will Ross be active this Sunday?
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 05:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Agreed.

They are 5-3 with the following schedule remaining:
Chargers (2-6)
Broncos (3-5)
Jets (0-9)
Bengals (2-5-1)
Chiefs (8-1)
Patriots (3-5)
Raiders (5-3)
Bills (7-2)

Even if they only beat the teams with a worse record than them, that's still potentially 5 more wins, putting them at 10-6.
On top of that, they have Houston's 1st and 2nd round picks in the 2021 draft, putting their total at 4 picks in the first 2 rounds.
They could either really load up or they have ammo to trade up for a player they really want.

I think a WR, OT, and DL will be high on their priority list for the draft.

Shows how quickly things can turn around if it's done right.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 09:28 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: If we beat Pittsburgh, there's a chance, Albeit a snowballs chance, we win against Washington, Giants, Dolphins, and Cowboys. Then we face Pittsburgh again. WTH, we beat em once, we can beat em twice. Then a good win over Houston will give us the confidence to beat the hell out of Baltimore. Sounds good to me. So, I'm sayin, if we beat the 8-0 Steelers, we may win out the season and go 10-5-1.

Sound crazy? I think not! Stranger things have happened in this world.

When?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 09:40 PM)michaelsean Wrote: When?
IIRC, wasn't there a season under Marv where they went 7/8-0 during the last half of the season??

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 07:22 PM)JSR18 Wrote: IIRC, wasn't there a season under Marv where they went 7/8-0 during the last half of the season??

... and we didn't have Joe Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 07:22 PM)JSR18 Wrote: IIRC, wasn't there a season under Marv where they went 7/8-0 during the last half of the season??

2012. We were 3-5 entering the second half of the season. Then finished 7-1 in the second half.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 02:53 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: 2012. We were 3-5 entering the second half of the season. Then finished 7-1 in the second half.

That one loss was to Dallas... I hated the unnecessary roughness call on Reggie Nelson that sorta gifted the Cowboys that win.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I was a Brown's fan at that time. My nephew invited me to the game. They had 12 seats, friends and other family members. I had such a great time I switched teams. I grew up in Cincinnati, but Bengals did not exist when I was a kid so I became a Brown's fan.

The Cleveland move to Baltimore was one of the last straws that happened a few years prior. The Browns had a new team again, but I was not a die hard anymore.

I had so much fun before the game and after the game I decided that day it made no sense to live here and be a Brown's fan. I bought 4 season tickets a year later and became a die hard Bengal's fan. It was a great game and the crowd was electric for a team 0-8 and I could not believe it. I went to Cleveland games over the years up in Cleveland and knew they had great fans, but had no idea Bengals did too.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote