Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tales of Kirkpatrick's departure premature???
DreK is the team's 4th best outside corner, which means he wouldn't get a start unless there's an injury or two. At his salary, he's under-performed. Willie Jackson has a much higher ceiling and should be on the team this season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I believe I read somewhere that Dre K is owed a bonus very soon. So I wouldn't be surprised if he was cut, but I guess the team could pull a fast one and actually restructure a deal. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
We should trade Dre to the Vikings for Anthony Harris. HaHa only got 4 mil a year so we can probably get Harris on a reasonable deal. Vikings need CBs bad now that we signed Mack and Trae. Zimmer is familiar with Dre. Let's make it happen.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 02:44 PM)Sled21 Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/news/reports-bengals-cb-depth-multiplies-with-tnew-protege

Doesn't sound to me like he's going anywhere....

If they keep Dre, it is because they couldn't extend AJ.  He is overpaid, and was significantly outplayed by Phillips when he was given a chance.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 01:20 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I believe I read somewhere that Dre K is owed a bonus very soon. So I wouldn't be surprised if he was cut, but I guess the team could pull a fast one and actually restructure a deal. 

Right, June 1 they cut him they save so much i do believe
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 10:38 AM)whodey4life84 Wrote: We should trade Dre to the Vikings for Anthony Harris. HaHa only got 4  mil a year so we can probably get Harris on a reasonable deal. Vikings need CBs bad now that we signed Mack and Trae. Zimmer is familiar with Dre. Let's make it happen.

If there is one team that would trade for Dre it would probably be the Vikings now lol
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 12:27 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Right, June 1 they cut him they save so much i do believe

A post June 1st cut does make sense in terms of more cap savings, but the Bengals seem firm on not doing these cuts this year and just eat all the dead money this season instead of spreading it out over two seasons.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 12:27 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Right, June 1 they cut him they save so much i do believe

Isn't there some weird thing where they can cut him now and designate it as a June 1 cut?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 04:35 AM)McC Wrote: Isn't there some weird thing where they can cut him now and designate it as a June 1 cut?

You're right, there is a new twist to the rule.  This link explains it all, and is very understandably written.  In short, each team may designate two players that they wish to release as "post June 1" transactions.  This allows the player to be free to sign with another team, but the team doesn't realize the salary cap savings until after the June 1 date passes.

https://www.si.com/nfl/giants/news/how-the-absence-of-the-june-1-designation-might-affect-the-giants-upcoming-salary-cap-decisions

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote