Randy
13.24%
9 13.24%
Total 68 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tampa Bay Game Game Ball
I still say a game ball to Winston, probably Bengals MVP of the game. Thanks for the 4 interceptions right to Bengals players. Would have been more if our D had better hands. Thanks for starting instead of Kirkpatrick. Really, wouldn't you rather have a Winston. At least 1 game ball to Winston.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 07:25 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: There is nothing he isn't doing out there.  No running game (except for the first half of today's game), not much of an offensive line....calling them average is being kind.  Receivers?  There are largely two, Boyd and Green.  Tight ends have disappeared with injuries.  

Yet, the guy just goes and and drops dimes in a VERY bad weather condition game.  With the exception of the Carolina game being a statistical nightmare (thanks in large part to receiver issues, and a hail mary that didn't really matter), he has been excellent this season.  

I think I saw a stat that he has 9 TDs and 1 INT at home this season.  That is flat getting it done.

Imagine if the guy had another weapon on the field that actually played up to his potential (Ross), or if he had a healthy TE option like Eifert?

We take Dalton for granted because he doesn't put up gaudy stats, but with this team, he is the MVP.

I've thought about making a mid-season MVP thread, but I'm pretty sure Dalton would be the clear winner. 

He's on pace for over 4200 yards, 34 TDs and 16 INTs. He has 4 game winning drives out of our 5 wins, and should've had a 5th vs the Steelers.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I voted for Bates as his pick 6 made up the complete failure of the offense in the second half. Would not have won if he hadn't taken that one to the house. If it had been left up to the offense to score that TD it just would not have happened. But is was hard to pick him because the defense fell apart once Fitzpatrick entered the game.

Almost picked Randy for the game winning FG.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 01:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I've thought about making a mid-season MVP thread, but I'm pretty sure Dalton would be the clear winner. 

He's on pace for over 4200 yards, 34 TDs and 16 INTs. He has 4 game winning drives out of our 5 wins, and should've had a 5th vs the Steelers.

I think Boyd would get plenty of votes.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 07:25 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: There is nothing he isn't doing out there.  No running game (except for the first half of today's game), not much of an offensive line....calling them average is being kind.  Receivers?  There are largely two, Boyd and Green.  Tight ends have disappeared with injuries.  

Yet, the guy just goes and and drops dimes in a VERY bad weather condition game.  With the exception of the Carolina game being a statistical nightmare (thanks in large part to receiver issues, and a hail mary that didn't really matter), he has been excellent this season.  

I think I saw a stat that he has 9 TDs and 1 INT at home this season.  That is flat getting it done.

Imagine if the guy had another weapon on the field that actually played up to his potential (Ross), or if he had a healthy TE option like Eifert?

We take Dalton for granted because he doesn't put up gaudy stats, but with this team, he is the MVP.

He's doing a good job off not making bad post-snap decisions. Most of his INTs were the receiver's fault. He doe his best to find somebody open down field, but there is no one, he keeps the play alive better than he has before. And he's not afraid to throw it away rather than risk a turnover. He's becoming a better QB than Palmer was IMHO. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 10:06 PM)Shady Wrote: He's doing a good job off not making bad post-snap decisions. Most of his INTs were the receiver's fault. He doe his best to find somebody open down field, but there is no one, he keeps the play alive better than he has before. And he's not afraid to throw it away rather than risk a turnover. He's becoming a better QB than Palmer was IMHO. 

He has been a better QB than Carsone since 2015.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 07:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I think Boyd would get plenty of votes.

Of course he would. He's having a fine season and makes for a great candidate for those who don't appreciate the QB.  Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 03:06 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Of course he would. He's having a fine season and makes for a great candidate for those who don't appreciate the QB.  Mellow

You can still appreciate the QB but think someone else might be the X factor that has really made the biggest difference.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 03:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You can still appreciate the QB but think someone else might be the X factor that has really made the biggest difference.

I was half joking there, although I've had a theory that some people (not you) will always vote for the next best player.

As if they're thinking "Andy can't be why we're winning, so it must be player X".
Reply/Quote