Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tampa Bay potential weather issues
a tropical storm is heading towards Tampa this weekend. Bruce Arians has said the game will be played but there is the possibility of a time change to earlier in the day. Watch the schedule

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2021, 01:29 PM)pally Wrote: a tropical storm is heading towards Tampa this weekend.  Bruce Arians has said the game will be played but there is the possibility of a time change to earlier in the day.  Watch the schedule

Was hearing this from Earendil. Could be more serious then first thought hearing this...
Reply/Quote
dang here i thought the games were tonight
Reply/Quote
As I said on Twitter, I'll be fishing 'til 4:00 pm or so, then will be home around 7ish.

Any way to watch it recorded on a streaming site? (and no, not paying for it, 'cause with how much money I give for Sunday Ticket, not gonna happen).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2021, 02:16 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: As I said on Twitter, I'll be fishing 'til 4:00 pm or so, then will be home around 7ish.

Any way to watch it recorded on a streaming site? (and no, not paying for it, 'cause with how much money I give for Sunday Ticket, not gonna happen).

What kind of fish do you catch up there?
Reply/Quote
Tropical Storm "Fred"....
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2021, 02:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What kind of fish do you catch up there?

In Ontario, we have every species you guys have, I believe, except for the uncommon Trout species (Cutthroat, Bull).

This weekend, we're going to our favourite lake for the first time this year (we used to rent a cottage at the same resort, for 8 years straight, then they sold the land to a private owner Sad) and they literally have:

- Largemouth Bass
- Smallmouth Bass
- Northern Pike
- Muskellunge
- Walleye
- Yellow Perch
- Lake Trout
- Pumpkinseed
- Bluegill
- Rock Bass
- (probably) Spotted Gar (super-hard to catch and rare, but they live within the water system, so they potentially have a presence)
- (potentially) Bowfin (same as above, but whereas Gar have been seen in the lake, Bowfin never have)
- (potentially) White Sucker

It's somewhat of a Unicorn Lake, in that it is one of the few unpopular lakes in Southern Ontario (and one of the few in the Muskoka region, north of Toronto), to have both Pike and Muskie; Pike have invaded the Kawarthas and are making their way through those popular lakes (the Kawartha region is East of Toronto and the most popular lake/fishing region in Southern Ontario), otherwise the Kawarthas were strictly Muskie only for decades.

They're able to live in harmony in Muskoka, due to coming from the Great Lakes and their ecosystem has been established and stabilised, for over a century. In the Kawarthas, however, the Pike that have invaded come from the Trent River system, which spawn (on average) 2-3 weeks earlier than Muskie do and Pike grow faster as well, thus the Muskie fry usually get eaten up before they can reach any semblance of maturity (thus we may see Muskie disappear from the Kawarthas within the next 100 years or so).

Sorry for the essay, Nate lol, but I love my fishing. I'll post some pics in Klotsch of where I went in July Wink
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2021, 03:28 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: In Ontario, we have every species you guys have, I believe, except for the uncommon Trout species (Cutthroat, Bull).

This weekend, we're going to our favourite lake for the first time this year (we used to rent a cottage at the same resort, for 8 years straight, then they sold the land to a private owner Sad) and they literally have:

- Largemouth Bass
- Smallmouth Bass
- Northern Pike
- Muskellunge
- Walleye
- Yellow Perch
- Lake Trout
- Pumpkinseed
- Bluegill
- Rock Bass
- (probably) Spotted Gar (super-hard to catch and rare, but they live within the water system, so they potentially have a presence)
- (potentially) Bowfin (same as above, but whereas Gar have been seen in the lake, Bowfin never have)

It's somewhat of a Unicorn Lake, in that it is one of the few unpopular lakes in Southern Ontario (and one of the few in the Muskoka region, north of Toronto), to have both Pike and Muskie; Pike have invaded the Kawarthas and are making their way through those popular lakes (the Kawartha region is East of Toronto and the most popular lake/fishing region in Southern Ontario), otherwise the Kawarthas were strictly Muskie only for decades.

They're able to live in harmony in Muskoka, due to coming from the Great Lakes and their ecosystem has been established and stabilised, for over a century. In the Kawarthas, however, the Pike that have invaded come from the Trent River system, which spawn (on average) 2-3 weeks earlier than Muskie do and Pike grow faster as well, thus the Muskie fry usually get eaten up before they can reach any semblance of maturity (thus we may see Muskie disappear from the Kawarthas within the next 100 years or so).

Sorry for the essay, Nate lol, but I love my fishing. I'll post some pics in Klotsch of where I went in July Wink
Love fishing for Northern Pike! We spent a couple of weeks in northern ichigan every year fishing for them
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2021, 01:29 PM)pally Wrote: a tropical storm is heading towards Tampa this weekend.  Bruce Arians has said the game will be played but there is the possibility of a time change to earlier in the day.  Watch the schedule

As I live on the coast across from Tampa, I can tell you that predictions 4 days out are just a rough estimate. The travel speed can go faster or slow down. This is different than wind speed. So the arrival time estimates are usually off, sometimes by 2 days.

Currently this area has a 10 to 20% chance of getting tropical storm winds, but these could come on Saturday night or not until Monday or not at all. Hard to say at this point in time.

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2021, 04:45 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Love fishing for Northern Pike! We spent a couple of weeks in northern ichigan every year fishing for them

Northern Michigan, Wisconsin, those places around the Great Lakes, they get HUGE (as do the Muskie).

My dad has been catching some 28+ inch beauties, the past 2 years; before last year, he was catching Pike infrequently, but these past 2 years... just huge lol.
Reply/Quote
The models have the storm going mostly out into the gulf, but there's still the possibility of heavy rain and lightning. Playing earlier in the afternoon is probably a good idea.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2021, 03:28 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: In Ontario, we have every species you guys have, I believe, except for the uncommon Trout species (Cutthroat, Bull).

- Largemouth Bass
- Smallmouth Bass
- Northern Pike
- Muskellunge
- Walleye
- Yellow Perch
- Lake Trout
- Pumpkinseed
- Bluegill
- Rock Bass

Nah, Thanks Truck, this was awesome! Love this stuff. Never been able to fish for most of those. Really want to fish for Tiger 
Muskie and Pike someday along with Largemouth Bass. Have caught a lot of Smallmouth. We have Walleye in Wyoming but 
they are on the other side of the state so I have never fished for them. We catch German Brown Trout, Cutthroat (Native,
Yellowstone and Colorado), Brook Trout, Lake Trout (Macinaw), Rainbow Trout, Bullhead and Suckers.

Caught me a 7 foot white sturgeon about 5 years ago on Swan Falls on the Snake River.

Want to catch me some Steelhead someday.

Spotted Gar should be a bit spooky lol
Reply/Quote

- Largemouth Bass
- Smallmouth Bass
- Northern Pike
- Muskellunge
- Walleye
- Yellow Perch
- Lake Trout
- Pumpkinseed
- Bluegill
- Rock Bass

A friend in college took me to her folks cabin in Laclosh Lake (sp?).  I remember it being a good 8 hours north of BGSU, so it was up there.  We caught almost all pike and ate them that night.  Absolutely amazing.  Beautiful area. 
Reply/Quote
The winds should make the kickers have a fun day.
Reply/Quote
As long as they get to play, that will be awesome, on another topic of bigger fish to fry, Penei Sewell plays tonight for those still interested.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2021, 09:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: A friend in college took me to her folks cabin in Laclosh Lake (sp?).  I remember it being a good 8 hours north of BGSU, so it was up there.  We caught almost all pike and ate them that night.  Absolutely amazing.  Beautiful area. 

La Cloche! I've never been, but looking it up, it's by Sault Ste. Marie, which is indeed 7 hours from Toronto, but is a much-more direct drive through Michigan, from BGSU, so that makes sense.

Pike are my favourite lake fish to eat; if their bones weren't an absolute nightmare, I'd think they'd be more-popular than Walleye (which is the lake fish of choice in Canada), but they can make eating it rough lol.

I make a Mantuan (Mantua {or Mantova, in Italian} is 2 hours southeast of Milan, where my parents and family are from) Pike dish that boils (essentially poaching) the Pike in a big pot, in a court bouillon-type concoction, then stripping the meat from the bones and skin and mixing it in a special green sauce (basically parsley, minced anchovies, garlic, butter, salt), then you let it sit for up to a day in the sauce, served with fresh polenta.

It is beyond delicious, so tasty and filling:

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2021, 10:13 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: La Cloche! I've never been, but looking it up, it's by Sault Ste. Marie, which is indeed 7 hours from Toronto, but is a much-more direct drive through Michigan, from BGSU, so that makes sense.

Pike are my favourite lake fish to eat; if their bones weren't an absolute nightmare, I'd think they'd be more-popular than Walleye (which is the lake fish of choice in Canada), but they can make eating it rough lol.

I make a Mantuan (Mantua {or Mantova, in Italian} is 2 hours southeast of Milan, where my parents and family are from) Pike dish that boils (essentially poaching) the Pike in a big pot, in a court bouillon-type concoction, then stripping the meat from the bones and skin and mixing it in a special green sauce (basically parsley, minced anchovies, garlic, butter, salt), then you let it sit for up to a day in the sauce, served with fresh polenta.

It is beyond delicious, so tasty and filling:

Pervert
Reply/Quote
Why don't we play at their indoor facility? Problem solved.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2021, 07:46 PM)jason Wrote: Why don't we play at their indoor facility? Problem solved.

Nah, Mike probably hates other teams having indoor facilities, too.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
So, both Bengals and NFL sites still have kick-off set for 7:30. Did anyone hear what time the deadline is for changing the game time? Has that time already passed, or is the weather no longer a threat? Seems like waiting to make the change tomorrow would be a logistical mess.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote