Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Practice / Injury Updates
(12-22-2022, 07:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

I saw this tweet and was going to post it. I just don't get the wrist is broken but doctors are saying it can't worse. This statement/situation does not make sense to me. What kind of break does he have in his wrist that can't get worse by playing with the injury? Asking for a friend.
Reply/Quote
Updated injury news for the Pats:

'Long snapper Joe Cardona (ankle), cornerback Jalen Mills (groin), and wide receiver DeVante Parker (concussion) each will not play in Week 16. Cardona has a torn tendon in his foot that will force him to miss the remainder of the season, per ESPN's Mike Reiss. His absence Saturday will break his streak of 140 games played.'

'Rookie wideout Tyquan Thornton (knee), cornerback Jonathan Jones (chest), and rookie cornerback Jack Jones (knee) are among those listed as questionable after being limited in practice throughout the week. Running back Rhamondre Stevenson (ankle) is also questionable despite playing through the injury and racking up 172 rushing yards in last week's loss to the Las Vegas Raiders.'
Reply/Quote
Stevenson will play, I feel.

Have to take advantage on STs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 07:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

My dude.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 09:44 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Stevenson will play, I feel.

Have to take advantage on STs.

They do have a long snapper on their practice squad

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 07:58 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Trey's a gamer for sure. I remember the playoff game last year towards end of game and he was basically dragging himself off the field.

Much respect

Yep. I will never forget that picture/video of him sitting on the bench when McPherson kicked the game winner in the AFC championship game.  Everyone rushed the field except him. He looked down toward the ground and the look on his face was one of exhaustion, contentment and accomplishment. 
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 10:32 PM)pally Wrote: They do have a long snapper on their practice squad

Mhm, I saw your tweet Wink

They may have a guy that has a few high snaps or so: Adomitis needed 2 games or so to acclimatize.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 09:29 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I saw this tweet and was going to post it. I just don't get the wrist is broken but doctors are saying it can't worse. This statement/situation does not make sense to me. What kind of break does he have in his wrist that can't get worse by playing with the injury? Asking for a friend.

Speculating here, based on a lot of time spent in hand surgery and therapy, that the type of fracture Trey is more like a chip than a fissure. With a chip, the break cannot be made worse by knocking it because that bone segment has already detached. A chipped bone would also be consistent with hitting the wrist against Sam’s helmet rather than falling on it. The chip may be too small to surgically repair but will remain painful until that raw spot calcifies. It is also consistent with not needing a club type cast for protection

Reply/Quote
Hurst downgraded to out.  Bummer, but we really need him to get healthy for the playoff run.

Reply/Quote
12/23 game status

OUT

Hayden Hurst
Sam Hubbard

Questionable

Jalen Davis (LP)
CTB (FP)
Jay Tufele (FP)

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 03:41 PM)pally Wrote: 12/23 game status