Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tank Bowl -- Greatest game in Bengal History!!!
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"&gt;&lt;/script&gt;</span>
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The game that sold me on Zac’s clock management skills.. the comeback in the closing seconds (now that we lost) was pretty well coached by a young coach and staff we knew little about as to preparation of HC.

The game day thread here was the true classic. In the closing minutes in the comeback to end regulation folks through there hands up, and was openly and emotionally rooting for the Dolphins! Cursing every third down conversion, and melting down over the onside kick recovery.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Oh NO!!!! We might win!  Andy was playing for his job in that one.. I think he knew if we got Burrow he was gone.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 11:13 AM)jj22 Wrote: The game that sold me on Zac’s clock management skills.. the comeback in the closing seconds (now that we lost) was pretty well coached by a young coach and staff we knew little about as to preparation of HC.

The game day thread here was the true classic. In the closing minutes in the comeback to end regulation  folks through there hands up, and was openly and emotionally rooting for the Dolphins! Cursing every third down conversion, and melting down over the onside kick recovery.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
It was insane

We got a touchdown
AND
a 2 point conversion
AND
an onside kick recovery
AND
a touchdown
AND
a 2 point conversion

all in the closing minutes. I was desperate for the Dolphins to get a stop.
Reply/Quote
In hindsight, if the outcome of this game was switched, the course of Bengals history is drastically different. No way Tua leads us to the success we’re having with Joe.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 02:11 PM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: In hindsight, if the outcome of this game was switched, the course of Bengals history is drastically different.  No way Tua leads us to the success we’re having with Joe.

Main reason why Brian Flores was fired.  Smirk
Reply/Quote
This spurred me to go look at the highlights again. It was even closer than I remember to never even getting to OT. The Bengals were down 16 and had the ball at the Miami three, but it was fourth down and there was only :33 left. But Andy "Clutch" Dalton would not be denied!

Hope Andy has some of that magic left to zap the Stains tomorrow.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 01:18 PM)grampahol Wrote: Oh NO!!!! We might win!  Andy was playing for his job in that one.. I think he knew if we got Burrow he was gone.. 

To be fair, if it wasn't Burrow replacing him, it would have been Herbert or Tua.  No way in the world Taylor and the new staff wouldn't have taken a qb even if they couldn't get Joe.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 02:11 PM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: In hindsight, if the outcome of this game was switched, the course of Bengals history is drastically different.  No way Tua leads us to the success we’re having with Joe.

Doubt Tua could have taken that many sacks as Burrow. You are correct.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 03:01 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Doubt Tua could have taken that many sacks as Burrow. You are correct.

Oh hell no. He’d be out of the league.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I felt bad rooting against them because they played their butts off with nothing to gain. But you have to spread manure for flowers or something so it worked out well in the end.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I remember Boyd crawling to the line of scrimmage to get a spike going. In all honesty yeah the lost got us Burrow but that 2019 team was playing hard.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 03:09 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Oh hell no. He’d be out of the league.

I doubt Tua would have been the pick.  He was already hurt most of the year at Bama and his stock took a big hit when he finally went down for good.  The team allegedly liked Herbert a lot even when they were scouting Burrow.
Reply/Quote
Am I the only one who thinks the praise of this loss is a little pathetic? No loss would ever rank as a favorite game of mine
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 03:21 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Am I the only one who thinks the praise of this loss is a little pathetic? No loss would ever rank as a favorite game of mine

Yes 3-13 and Tua would be much better.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 03:49 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yes 3-13 and Tua would be much better.

strawman

I can’t ever celebrate a loss. It’s loser shit

Now, if the bengals did win(which I’m glad they didn’t), I believe they would’ve drafted Herbert. Who is a borderline top 5 qb
Reply/Quote

There was a discussion about this on Twitter and several of the Bengal beat writers and insiders made it very clear that if the Bengals win that game and don't get Burrow it would have been Herbert and not Tua as the pick. 

Not sure the kid has the same mojo as Burrow, but he certainly has the arm and the toughness. Look no further than the injury he played through this season. 

That said, glad the team has Burrow.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 03:49 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yes 3-13 and Tua would be much better.

False: 2-13: we still had the #1 pick.

Literally NOBODY knows and thus, acknowledges this: a win there and we still have the #1 pick, but we would've needed to lose at home the next week as a result. This game's outcome only assured that we locked in the #1 pick.

All told, even though I'd never root against our guys, the win next week against the Browns was SO sweet and SO awesome, in hindsight, I'm over the moon at how things panned out.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 03:54 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: strawman

I can’t ever celebrate a loss. It’s loser shit

Now, if the bengals did win(which I’m glad they didn’t), I believe they would’ve drafted Herbert. Who is a borderline top 5 qb

What’s the straw man?

Reply/Quote