Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tanner Hudson back - 1 year deal
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
This one actually surprises me with the Gesicki signing. I guess Hudson is just a depth piece.

A TE room of Gesicki, Sample, and Hudson isn't the worst thing in the world.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Makes sense and actually sort of supports a theory I have that Gesicki is not envisioned by the team as a TE per se but will line up mostly in slot.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 10:49 AM)Joelist Wrote: Makes sense and actually sort of supports a theory I have that Gesicki is not envisioned by the team as a TE per se but will line up mostly in slot.

Hudson was literally in the slot or out wide all year, last year.

I'm not saying he didn't line up in-line, but I don't remember a single time he didn't lineup, not on the line.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Good for Hudson, glad to see him back with the team.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
TE room looks much better than last season. Hudson has become a known commodity, Sample is a good blocker and H-back, Gesicki was good in Miami. I feel much better about them this year.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
3 "Tight end sets" lol
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 10:49 AM)Joelist Wrote: Makes sense and actually sort of supports a theory I have that Gesicki is not envisioned by the team as a TE per se but will line up mostly in slot.

You aren't the only one.  It's a cheap replacement for Boyd, yet they can still work in the young guys.  It's good to have continuity back with Tanner too.
Reply/Quote
Super happy Hudson is back.
I think a TE room of Gesicki, Hudson, and Sample is, at minimum, ok to go into the season with and removes the need for getting any TE in the draft if they aren't liking what's falling to them (like last year).

With that said, I still think TE is on the table and we either see 4 TEs on the roster again this season or one of Gesicki/Hudson gets the boot in favor of the draft pick when all is said and done.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
TE position should be improved over last year.

And still may draft another one.
Reply/Quote

No doubt.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Looks like it’s back to the pre Browning offense where everything is shotgun spread and 70% passes. That got us to 500 with Burrow.
Reply/Quote
It feels like in a lot of games last year 4 Tight ends were active. Smith, Sample, Hudson, and Wilcox. I could see the Bengals adding another TE in the draft.
Reply/Quote
I thought M.G and Hudson were similar players. But I'm sure he is back on the cheap and we need bodies in the rooms still.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Cool, I like Hudson. I still hope we draft a TE but now we can wait if one doesn’t fall in our lap. Of course i would like to get Bowers, highly unlikely though. The guy I really want is Sinnott. Holker if we miss out on Bowers/Sinnott. Was pounding the table last year for LaPorta. Don’t want to watch any of the guys I mentioned ball out this year for another team like LaPorta did. Common Bengals make it happen.
Reply/Quote
Glad Hudson is coming back. Joe likes and trusts him. One more season like last season, and the man can probably finally get paid somewhere. Sure hands.
Reply/Quote
Good for depth.

Gesicki will start as our off line TE, Hudson should back him up.

Sample will start as our on the line TE and H back. Still need someone to back him up.

I'd like to see more two tight end sets where we run or pass out of it.
With losing Boyd I think we'll see this more.
But the Bengals will still run a lot of 3 WR sets.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 11:10 AM)CottonHill Wrote: Looks like it’s back to the pre Browning offense where everything is shotgun spread and 70% passes. That got us to 500 with Burrow.

..and 2 appearances in the AFC Championship game and 1 Superbowl. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Maybe we get some more 2 TE sets this year
Reply/Quote
Love this, but my god I hope they draft a TE w the idea to actually play & develop him into something special.
Reply/Quote