Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tanner Hudson back - 1 year deal
Big fan of Hudson coming back to the fold and was worried he would not for a split second.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 04:35 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Some people do not understand the difference of the offense with an injured Burrow versus one with a healthy Burrow.  Im sure if you ask nicely one of these delightful people can break it down for you. 

If his calf was that bad then he should not have been playing. Not sure who you put it on, but malpractice to have him out there. He looked uninterested to start the year.
So two terrible injuries one year, along with his past, getting close to injury prone tag and if he gets hurt again, at his price tag, it sinks the franchise anyways
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 06:26 PM)CottonHill Wrote: If his calf was that bad then he should not have been playing. Not sure who you put it on, but malpractice to have him out there. He looked uninterested to start the year.
So two terrible injuries one year, along with his past, getting close to injury prone tag and if he gets hurt again, at his price tag, it sinks the franchise anyways

Ok, I cant argue with any of this.  This is a truthful statement that makes sense, unlike the one I replied to earlier.  I get that you are not happy, and you seem to know what you are talking about, not sure why you lose yourself with some of these other crazy takes?  

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 07:50 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Ok, I cant argue with any of this.  This is a truthful statement that makes sense, unlike the one I replied to earlier.  I get that you are not happy, and you seem to know what you are talking about, not sure why you lose yourself with some of these other crazy takes?  

Honestly, because I am dealing with a 19month old and a 2 month old and I’m just venting lol.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 08:05 PM)CottonHill Wrote: Honestly, because I am dealing with a 19month old and a 2 month old and I’m just venting lol.

Lol, I gotcha bro. Cherish every moment.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 02:27 PM)PDub80 Wrote: He cannot help the injury. I don't think it's reasonable to hold injuries sustained while playing (or sudden illness) against athletes. At least not without context.

Inexcusable loss? Joe Burrow had 1 good leg that Titans game. He couldn't move. He certainly couldn't move well enough for Lou to put him in on defense and stop the Titans from running the ball - I'm being sarcastic. Like, wtf are you talking about with that? 

I understand the mentality behind the idea that if a player is on the field than he is expected to perform regardless of being hurt or not. But come on, man. Burrow had 1 good leg in those first two division losses and virtually ZERO practice leading up to them..... and the fact that you're pinning the 1st Ravens loss on Burrow? Joe Burrow left that 1st Ravens game with 5:49 to go in the 2nd quarter after getting the Bengals ahead and looked great.

You're just talking to a wall. Some people just like to be miserable. They crave the attention of being different.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 08:05 PM)CottonHill Wrote: Honestly, because I am dealing with a 19month old and a 2 month old and I’m just venting lol.

It's going to be ok, bud! It's just the Bengals!

Enjoy the kids. Mine is 11. Best kid I could ever hope for. But I still would go back to when he was a baby just to do it all over again. These ARE your good old days. You're living it. Joe Burrow ain't out there thinking of you tonight. Don't think about him too much, either!
Reply/Quote

Ahh, can completely understand now lol
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 01:09 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I just had this discussion w my buddy.

The Bengals offense, when healthy, was great. PD Jr showed in article after the season that 9, 1, & 5, when healthy, was best offense in the NFL during that stretch. And, you know what else was really good during that time? ... The defense.

Why? Because the Bengals weren't get the hell beaten out of them in field position & ToP was evened out.

Bengals w healthy Burrow would have gone 3-1 or at worst 2-2 against 4 strong playoff teams. 2 of which went to conference champ games & 1 SB.

Burrow looked like he was ready to roll the Ravens. And, frankly, Boyd choked away that Texans game.

They could have gone 4-0 against top teams w a healthy 9. SHOULD have been 3-1.

The DIDN'T, which is what actually counts. But context matters. I don't understand people ignoring it.

Preach. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 11:55 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Preach. 

Yeah, when you look at it that way we should be right back in the Super Bowl talk this year no question.

We can beat the Chiefs and we beat the 49ers with a healthy Burrow last year. Adding Rankins, Geno Stone, Vonn Bell, Gesicki, 
Trent Brown and bringing back our good players, things are looking much better now. I know you were really down with us losing
DJ Reader as was I, but we don't know how injured he was and the Bengals medical staff knew his condition better than anyone.

If DJ plays this season and looks good for the Lions and we don't have good play at NT it would be a big time blunder, but if not, 
we should be right back as a top team again.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 02:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, when you look at it that way we should be right back in the Super Bowl talk this year no question.

We can beat the Chiefs and we beat the 49ers with a healthy Burrow last year. Adding Rankins, Geno Stone, Vonn Bell, Gesicki, 
Trent Brown and bringing back our good players, things are looking much better now. I know you were really down with us losing
DJ Reader as was I, but we don't know how injured he was and the Bengals medical staff knew his condition better than anyone.

If DJ plays this season and looks good for the Lions and we don't have good play at NT it would be a big time blunder, but if not, 
we should be right back as a top team again.

I believe in the end result. Will our defense be better in 2024 due to the roster moves? Will our offense be better in 2024 due to the roster moves. DJ could be an all pro in Detroit, Bengals could be a top 10 defense without him. Both scenarios are possible. 

To keep it real and factual, Bengals with DJ Reader had the 31st ranked defense in 2023, 1 shy of worst defense in the NFL so we were not 1 player away from being great. 

2023 NFL Defense Rankings: Team Pass and Rush Stats | FOX Sports
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 03:01 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I believe in the end result. Will our defense be better in 2024 due to the roster moves? Will our offense be better in 2024 due to the roster moves. DJ could be an all pro in Detroit, Bengals could be a top 10 defense without him. Both scenarios are possible. 

Completely agree. Burrow being healthy and the OL playing better because the Offense is more unpredictable should help the Defense.

I think Zack Moss is a underrated signing honestly, he puts a ton of pride into being a good pass protector and he was the best RB running
out of the Shotgun last year. Mixon was pretty terrible at these things, it brings a different dynamic to the Offense and with Burrow playing 
under Center more because he should be healthy will help out the OL. Bringing in Trent Brown certainly helps.

Win the TOP and keep the Defense fresh and we should be a much better team this year. Results are where it is at though for sure.
Reply/Quote
To answer how well we did in Free Agency you have to look at what killed us last year.

Defensively last year we were killed by mental mistakes leading to explosive plays. Miscommunications, bad angles, players in the wrong spots, that was what dogged us. Also Trey being almost the only source of pass rush didn't help.

Offensively the Burrow injury didn't help but things like lots of drops (even from Boyd who usually was sure handed) , bad pass protection from the backs and also our backs leaving a LOT of yards on the field from inability to shed or evade the first defender also held the offense back.

So did we address these issues in Free Agency? I'd say Yes. Stone and Bell both bring smarts and leadership to the defense which speaks to the explosive plays. Rankin restores the lost interior pass rush and is a plus level penetrator on DL which we have lacked. Moss is a plus level pass protection back AND plus level in terms of being hard to tackle. Gesicki gives us a mismatch player for Slot. Moss is also a much better scheme fit for what we run.

So Yes, we're already better than last year and the draft will add more. And remember last year despite all the injuries and travail we were a dropped TD pass by Boyd against the Texans from making the playoffs.
Reply/Quote