Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Target Hurst
(11-12-2022, 03:56 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Still a lot of season left.

You know I like Hurst and the emotion/fire he brings at the position.

If they can find a good/great TE in the draft or FA...  then I'd take it.

I'm not necessarily ready to make Hurst the #1 TE and mentor to others quite yet.

His importance is growing in the current personnel. 

Let's see if he can get even better as the season progresses.

I think TLL is just tempering the excitement of Hurst being a "great" TE at this point.

Same way I feel no surprise. I do think Hurst will just get better as the season goes on and the more Burrow and him 
get comfortable with each other. True that up to this point he isn't playing like a top TE or anything so if we drafted a
top talent he would probably become the #2 TE unless the rookie just isn't up to speed right off the bat which is also 
possible. True on TLL, he is one of my favorite posters on here, just tempering the excitement is all.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 07:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same way I feel no surprise. I do think Hurst will just get better as the season goes on and the more Burrow and him 
get comfortable with each other. True that up to this point he isn't playing like a top TE or anything so if we drafted a
top talent he would probably become the #2 TE unless the rookie just isn't up to speed right off the bat which is also 
possible. True on TLL, he is one of my favorite posters on here, just tempering the excitement is all.

At least we didn't break the bank for Hurst and overpay.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 07:17 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: At least we didn't break the bank for Hurst and overpay.

No doubt, that is what the Jets did with Uzo and even though they are having a good season it isn't cause of Uzo.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 07:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same way I feel no surprise. I do think Hurst will just get better as the season goes on and the more Burrow and him 

I really didn't want CJ to leave but he did what he felt was best for his career($$).

I'm just wondering if any posters on here have watched all the games with the full 22?

Was Hurst and even Boyd for that matter getting open in the games and Burrow just didn't throw to them?

Were any routes deeper routes but just weren't used as an option on the play?

That is what is curious to me.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 06:15 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: For what we are paying Hurst he performing  just fine., he projected for 66 catches and over 550 yards and 4 TDs with around 8 yards a catch... It is pretty much a wash from CJ last season but saved a ton of $$ and is a slight upgrade in passing game.  I still  like to look to draft a TE in 3 to 5th round regardless if we bring Hurst back if affordable

Now you're making sense. Cool
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Would really like to keep Hurst if he still affordable.

Yet still would like to draft a good TE if any are available, but having the last pic in each round may make that difficult.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 03:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure would love to get one of the TE's in this next Draft and make TE a position of depth with not only good blockers but 
talented pass catchers. Michael Mayer, Brock Bowers, Sam LaPorta etc.

All the while learning behind Hayden Hurst for a bit. A 2 year deal won't break the bank for Hurst I am sure of it and we 
can still afford to pay the monster deals to Burrow, Chase and Logan who in my opinion are the must bring back players 
for the future. Anybody else we can bring back in Vonn Bell or Pratt or whatever would be gravy.

I dont think Bowers is eligible to be drafted yet. Guy was a true freshman last season.

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2022, 02:04 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I would be careful with a Hurst extension. His yards per catch since he came into the league...

Both his yards before catch and yards after catch have both dropped every year in the league. He will be in his age 30 season in 2023.

The Bengals need to find a more long-term solution at TE.

What is his average separation? Auden Tate was also very good at contested catches, because he didn't get enough separation to get uncontested ones.

The drop is because of the cover two problem we had more than a hurst problem. Chase and Higgins both dropped in yards per catch this year Boyd is the only one to improve this year again because of cover two and the center of the field being more wide open. We are not throwing to Hurst much downfield it's the routes not the player.

If we do extend him, it should be a short one- or two-year deal just because of his age. 

He has punished a few guys with his blocks he has a mean gritty side to him. Or at least I want to prove myself so he hits guys hard on blocks maybe as a message to the group saying he can't block.

Great hands as well WR type catching hands.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 07:35 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I really didn't want CJ to leave but he did what he felt was best for his career($$).

I'm just wondering if any posters on here have watched all the games with the full 22?

Was Hurst and even Boyd for that matter getting open in the games and Burrow just didn't throw to them?

Were any routes deeper routes but just weren't used as an option on the play?

That is what is curious to me.

I haven't watched the full 22, but I did watch with my own eyes where Burrow was concentrating on Chase early in the 
season instead of hitting the open man, this happened around the Jets, Fins games where I saw both Boyd and Hurst 
open at least 4 or so times and instead Burrow targeted a doubled and covered Chase.

Could of been big gains for both Boyd and Hurst and both players YPC would be higher.

Just happy Burrow is hitting the open man now which is what matters.

(11-13-2022, 11:44 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I dont think Bowers is eligible to be drafted yet. Guy was a true freshman last season.

Wild, dude is a playmaker already for being so young. Crazy fast for his size.
Reply/Quote