Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arby's apologizes after officer is denied service for being a cop
(09-09-2015, 12:27 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Let me say first that I don't have a link, as it is first hand Info from a Sergeant friend of mine.
They do studies regarding troop reactions to civil disturbances quite often.
In a scenario where the Government were battling citizens unjustly,  over 60% of the military would side with civilians. I feel pretty good about that,  given a lot would be worried about superiors viewing their responses.

This is the cultural aspect that I was speaking of.  
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(09-09-2015, 12:32 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Yeah...He discusses them as if they are interchangable...Which they are not.

We were discussing hypotheticals, and I said that the military was ordered to turn and kill American citizens.  I never really gave a reason for it, it could be anything. 

Civil unrest, objection to large government, gun confiscation, etc.

To me there's a large difference between a member of the military firing on citizens who are shooting at them and a member of the military firing on unarmed Americans.  
(09-09-2015, 12:38 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: We were discussing hypotheticals, and I said that the military was ordered to turn and kill American citizens.  I never really gave a reason for it, it could be anything. 

Civil unrest, objection to large government, gun confiscation, etc.

To me there's a large difference between a member of the military firing on citizens who are shooting at them and a member of the military firing on unarmed Americans.  

The likelihood of soldiers being ordered to fire on unarmed US citizens in pretty improbable.   It is even far less probable that the soldier follows those orders.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(09-09-2015, 12:40 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: The likelihood of soldiers being ordered to fire on unarmed US citizens in pretty improbable.   It is even far less probable that the soldier follows those orders.

We were discussing hypotheticals.  
Per the surveys I spoke of, the highest likelihood of a civilian being shot by a soldier is if the civilian is advancing upon an area where the soldier is ordered to protect.
(ie: National Guard Armory)

Not that it is overly relevant, but they also revealed that they are not very fond of the current Commander in Chief.
Are we still talking about Arbys?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-09-2015, 02:42 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Are we still talking about Arbys?

There was a discussion about Arby's?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Will they serve Arby's during the revolution?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-09-2015, 03:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: Will they serve Arby's during the revolution?

I'll be on whatever side offers better food than Arby's.  

I wish we had an Arby's here in my community.  Sad
[Image: giphy.gif]