Poll: Does Brandon Tate get Too Much Hate?
Yes
No
Maybe so
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tate Hate
(10-11-2015, 09:51 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Agreed. Even ran through Peerman's call to take a knee.

And that's Peerman's only purpose on this team. Would it kill him to just level Tate in the end zone before he goes rambo and gets destroyed at the 10?
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 07:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Probably because it wasn't that spectacular of a play, but his three returns from the endzone where he only got the ball to between the 10 and 20 absolutely killed us.

It's like I said earlier in this thread, his few good plays aren't nearly as game-changing as his bad plays are.

None of those returns today were "game changing", but the punt return he had against Denver last year was.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 08:28 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: And Gio is a 2nd rounder.

He had the opportunity to beat him out of the return job and didn't.  Nor could Alford, or Sanzenbacher, etc.  The only guy who keeps outperforming him is Jones who is in a more important position, and therefore can really only go back there situationally.

Gio fielded punts, not kicks.

And Gio isn't important at RB? What are you smoking?
You keep listing garbage options. Which is the point. Bengals have made 0 effort to legitimately improve the position of KR. 

No one had the chance to beat Tate because they kept forcing all the returns on him. Alford had a handful. That's about it. 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 10:12 PM)Stormborn Wrote: And that's Peerman's only purpose on this team. Would it kill him to just level Tate in the end zone before he goes rambo and gets destroyed at the 10?

I would change my opinion on Peerman if he did that
Reply/Quote
Brandon Tate went all Rambo today and my god it was horrific! Just because you made an awesome catch last week doesn't mean youre gonna return every KR this week!

Man, that was scary! Right when we talked good about him, the crazy Tate comes out.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 09:48 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Dude was on a mission to give us bad field position today.

You would think after the first time not making it near the 20, he would have taken a knee.  Instead, he did it over and over again.  It's just not smart.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 11:10 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I would change my opinion on Peerman if he did that

He could've received respect from someplace outside his own locker room but noooooooooo, let's just watch this idiot ignore me.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 10:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: None of those returns today were "game changing", but the punt return he had against Denver last year was.

Not the returns themselves but the positions they put our offense is were definitely game-changing.  
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 12:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No there are not.

Sorry. There's exactly 19 guys who are currently 4th options that I would take over Brandon Tate. So not exactly "dozens", but close:

Patriots- Aaron Dobson - 2nd round pick, 500+ yards in his rookie season, which is more than Tate has ever posted
Bills- Marquise Goodwin - 3rd rounder, 283 yards and 4 TD's as a rookie in '13
Steelers- Heyward-Bey - 1st rounder with 2598 career receiving yards
Ravens- Marlon Brown - 524 yards and 7 TD's as a rookie in '13
Browns- Taylor Gabriel - 621 yards as a rookie in '14 OR Brian Hartline- 4366 career yards receiving
Broncos- Andre Caldwell - 1446 career receiving yards
Chargers- Jacoby Jones - 2733 career receiving yards (better return man as well)
Chiefs- Jason Avant - 4050 career receiving yards
Colts- Phillip Dorsett - 1st round pick in 2015
Titans- Justin Hunter - 2nd round pick in '13. Had 498 receiving yards last year.
Texans- Keith Mumphery - 5th round pick in 2015. 10 catches in his first 4 games as the #4 WR.
Panthers- Devin Funchess - 2nd round pick in 2015
Saints- Brandon Coleman - In his 2nd year, 9 catches for 113 yards this season. Tall WR (6'6")
Lions- Lance Moore - 4546 yards and 40 TD's in his career
Giants- Reuben Randle (when Cruz isn't injured)- 938 yards last year alone
Redskins- Andre Roberts - 2630 career yards
Eagles- Nelson Agholar - 1st rounder OR Miles Austin - 5122 career yards
Cardinals- Jaron Brown - 229 yards in his 2nd season
Rams- Brian Quick - very promising start last season (475 yards)
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Tate was horrendous today. His decision after decision to take the ball out of the end zone put the offense in a bad situation and his punt returns weren't any better. Yes, he had a phenomenal catch last Sunday but more often than not he plays subpar.
Reply/Quote
Role players are very important to the make up of a winning team. Tate is the ultimate role player. Thankfully the Bengals and some fans get it. If those # 4s listed earlier (some 1st,2nd and 3rd rounders) were any good, they wouldn't be #4s
Reply/Quote
Tate has been okay for the most part this season. He was really bad against Seattle, but I'll give him a break until it becomes a trend (again). The coaching staff has continually trusted him and I don't blame them -- for all his flaws he generally seems to protect the ball.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 07:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Probably because it wasn't that spectacular of a play, but his three returns from the endzone where he only got the ball to between the 10 and 20 absolutely killed us.

It's like I said earlier in this thread, his few good plays aren't nearly as game-changing as his bad plays are.
That was an exceptional special teams play !
Who cares that " it wasn' spectacular" ?Many of our fandom have been Ochoized to the point where they prefer style over substance.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 01:07 PM)StripesInSuffolk Wrote: Tate has been okay for the most part this season. He was really bad against Seattle, but I'll give him a break until it becomes a trend (again). The coaching staff has continually trusted him and I don't blame them -- for all his flaws he generally seems to protect the ball.

bad returning those first few times ey' TD might have swelled his head..

but he made some great plays on coverage unit.

STs as a whole was great started with some bad field poisition but overcame didnt give thme much of anything on STs and lockett could have hurt us bad
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 10:12 PM)Stormborn Wrote: And that's Peerman's only purpose on this team. Would it kill him to just level Tate in the end zone before he goes rambo and gets destroyed at the 10?

or Block for Tate when he decides to come out... lol yeah those early returns were bad but his coverage on the otherside was great
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 01:04 PM)Curtis85 Wrote: Role players are very important to the make up of a winning team. Tate is the ultimate role player. Thankfully the Bengals and some fans get it. If those # 4s listed earlier (some 1st,2nd and 3rd rounders) were any good, they wouldn't be #4s

This level of logic astounds me
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 11:42 PM)GodFather Wrote: Tate was horrendous today. His decision after decision to take the ball out of the end zone put the offense in a bad situation and his punt returns weren't any better. Yes, he had a phenomenal catch last Sunday but more often than not he plays subpar.

What, you don't think it was the game plan to go 85-90 yards every drive vs that Seattle defense? 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 11:42 PM)GodFather Wrote: Tate was horrendous today. His decision after decision to take the ball out of the end zone put the offense in a bad situation and his punt returns weren't any better. Yes, he had a phenomenal catch last Sunday but more often than not he plays subpar.

(10-12-2015, 01:36 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: What, you don't think it was the game plan to go 85-90 yards every drive vs that Seattle defense? 

Ssssssssshhhhhhh...... don't tell Fred that........... starting our team with horrible field position THREE TIMES had no impact on the game!  Starting that deep in our own territory had no effect on play calling and on our inability to score on those drives!
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 02:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Ssssssssshhhhhhh...... don't tell Fred that........... starting our team with horrible field position THREE TIMES had no impact on the game!  Starting that deep in our own territory had no effect on play calling and on our inability to score on those drives!

I don't know. My son and I have a running joke whenever we get the ball close to our own 10 yard line: "Now we've got 'em just where we want 'em." 

Seems like we build more momentum when we have a little more room to operate. And we damn sure take more time off the clock.

At least a good percentage of the time. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 02:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote:  Starting that deep in our own territory had no effect on play calling and on our inability to score on those drives!

Didn't change the play calling or our ability to score on those drives at all.

It is not like we were pinned inside the 5 yard line.  We called the same plays starting from the 15 that we would have from the 20.
Reply/Quote