Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gender studies professor doesn’t understand harmless lingerie joke
(05-08-2018, 08:44 AM)GMDino Wrote: Remember that time Alec Baldwin had to apologize for making a mail order bride joke?

http://www.accessonline.com/articles/alec-baldwin-apologizes-for-mail-order-bride-joke-that-angered-some-in-the-philippines-71472/

Damn liberal PC people taking all the fun out of things!  In 2009!

Smirk

I got in trouble for doing the same thing. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-08-2018, 08:44 AM)GMDino Wrote: Remember that time Alec Baldwin had to apologize for making a mail order bride joke?

http://www.accessonline.com/articles/alec-baldwin-apologizes-for-mail-order-bride-joke-that-angered-some-in-the-philippines-71472/

Damn liberal PC people taking all the fun out of things!  In 2009!

Smirk

What kind of snowflake would whine about a mail order bride joke?
(05-07-2018, 11:11 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: What could happen here?

Nothing, so long as patriotic Americans single out a certain religious minority for special legal attention.

[Image: usa-map-states-that-have-outlawed-sharia-law1.gif]

ar wimmen need pertection.
(05-08-2018, 11:38 AM)fredtoast Wrote: What kind of snowflake would whine about a mail order bride joke?

idk but its nothing but a little light hearted bullying being used to toughen one up Ninja
People suck
(05-08-2018, 11:46 AM)Dill Wrote: Nothing, so long as patriotic Americans single out a certain religious minority for special legal attention.

[Image: usa-map-states-that-have-outlawed-sharia-law1.gif]

ar wimmen need pertection.

I'm still not getting your point.  You said, "it could happen here".  I asked what the "it" was that you think could happen.  You did not answer this question.  Additionally, religious based laws are unconstitutional, thankfully.  Of course this doesn't stop certain groups trying to impose this in certain communities, nor are such practices confined to a single religion (google Shomrim for example).  Lastly, I don't know if you're trying to assert that women aren't treated like garbage in the vast majority of countries dominated by islam.  Maybe being vague is in your best interests here?
I wonder if this what this girl's reaction would be to her..

[Image: bUbshdV.gif]

ps..god bless football
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(05-08-2018, 01:49 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I wonder if this what this girl's reaction would be to her..

ps..god bless football

Whatever's in that bottle must be DELICIOUS for her to be drinking it like that. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
(05-08-2018, 01:49 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I wonder if this what this girl's reaction would be to her..

ps..god bless football

Yes...."football".   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-08-2018, 01:41 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm still not getting your point.  You said, "it could happen here".  I asked what the "it" was that you think could happen.  You did not answer this question.  Additionally, religious based laws are unconstitutional, thankfully.  Of course this doesn't stop certain groups trying to impose this in certain communities, nor are such practices confined to a single religion (google Shomrim for example).  Lastly, I don't know if you're trying to assert that women aren't treated like garbage in the vast majority of countries dominated by islam.  Maybe being vague is in your best interests here?

Looks like you got me SSf.  You asked what the "it"was and got no response.   Sorry for the muddle.

[Image: sharia-law-usa-map.png]
(05-08-2018, 06:19 PM)Dill Wrote: Looks like you got me SSf.  You asked what the "it"was and got no response.   Sorry for the muddle.

[Image: sharia-law-usa-map.png]

Just keep wearing those blinders and dodging direct questions, Dill.  You're quite the feminist.  ThumbsUp
I put a small, ugly decoration on my desk for each season. I have this ugly wire xmas tree that's about 8" tall. Two years ago I had a student tell me that the tree offended her. I answered by telling her that I was offended that she was offended by it. She didn't know how to respond to that. The tree stayed BTW.
In 20yrs we will speak and think like robots with no sense of humor. Pretty sad.

(05-08-2018, 07:32 PM)Beaker Wrote: I put a small, ugly decoration on my desk for each season. I have this ugly wire xmas tree that's about 8" tall. Two years ago I had a student tell me that the tree offended her. I answered by telling her that I was offended that she was offended by it. She didn't know how to respond to that. The tree stayed BTW.

That’s the Only way to deal with these people.