Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Taylor Lewan...seems to want to join the Bengals
(02-24-2023, 11:04 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: This.  A vet minimum deal to be a backup.  Can’t see going much more than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(02-24-2023, 11:17 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Then he will do it for Cheap! until he can prove he can stay on the field for a full season

(02-24-2023, 01:07 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Lewan has played at a very high level
In the past..any kind of teaching he is able to pass
On to Carmen or Smith ...why not sign him.
Low risk high reward. When healthy he  is a upgrade
Over Jonah

I think you guys may be discounting what Lewan can get from some other teams.  Health is a serious concern though.

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2023, 02:25 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I think you guys may be discounting what Lewan can get from some other teams.  Health is a serious concern though.

Not really. I hope he gets as much as he can. I hope we’re not ones paying it. I’m not too concerned about signing him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2023, 11:27 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: tumblr_op5sb2ayJN1qmob6ro1_400.gif]

Hilarious

To the OP, nice hearing that from Taylor, dude was a great LT in his prime. We might need to wait a bit and get him for cheap 
on a 1 year prove it deal and am all for it. He is better than anything we have when healthy. It would be a gamble, but he could
teach Carman and the young guys a lot. Jonah can play RT, did in college and we can draft a RT like Darnell Wright for the future
and La'el might be ready to go by mid to late in the season.

Still wanting Bolles in a trade, but warming up to Lewan more after this.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2023, 02:25 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I think you guys may be discounting what Lewan can get from some other teams.  Health is a serious concern though.

nope let him get it from some other team then talent does not matter if it isnt on the field
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2023, 04:43 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: nope let him get it from some other team then talent does not matter if it isnt on the field

Im not sure he and Tyron Smith can put a full season together in the last 3 years...?

Reply/Quote
My issue with Lewan is that his blocking rating over the last three seasons have been the worst in his career.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2023, 05:53 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Im not sure he and Tyron Smith can put a full season together in the last 3 years...?

I am fully in the camp that would sign Lewan for cheap, but I am not going to waive/forgo signing productive guys in our roster to get him. 

If he can be signed into the cap space we have left after bringing back whichever of our guys we can (Bell, Pratt, Hurst, Apple, Perine, Flowers), and the space needed for picks and in-season stuff, then great. But I am not gonna tell Apple or Perine they are SOL because we need that $$ for Lewan. Nor am I cutting Mixon to try & get him. 

Having said that, I think a low-risk move is worth it. I mean, he can't play less than Smith did. 
Reply/Quote
My heart says I would love this signing, but only at a reasonable dollar figure, which is unlikely.

My head says Jackson Carman was showing potential at LT after little to no practice at it, which is intriguing.

Tough to justify not allowing Carman to grow into LT since he is already on the roeter and would be afordable, vs signing Lewan who is going to be expensive and often injured.... while paying Jonah Williams (Wom I've seen enough of at LT, BTW) his 5th year option.

I always though Jonah would be a better LG, but what the F do I know? I'm not at Bengals practices or in meeting rooms. I definitely don't love him as LT, however.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2023, 11:27 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: tumblr_op5sb2ayJN1qmob6ro1_400.gif]

Cannon ball it...
Reply/Quote
I would sign him for a backup role in a heart beat.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
It would be kind of awkward for Lewan to meet Jonah or Carman on his first day after being recorded on a podcast saying the Bengals didn't have a left tackle.
Reply/Quote
Bringing in Lewan might be a similar situation like Big Whit going to L.A. the opportunity to get a few more
Years of high level play. If Whit doesn't go to L A the Rams
Don't win a championship.
Reply/Quote
Lewan has played in 41% of games over the last three seasons, will be 32 by season start, and has three injuries in the same knee. He said he needed surgery to "live a normal life" and was wondering if his career was over back in October of 2022.

I will pass.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2023, 11:28 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Doesn’t this guy always ends up hurt?

The past few years yes, but the first 6 years of his career he only missed a few games.
He's the definition of someone who has been elite in the past, has had some injuries recently, but you're taking the gamble he's going to perform at that good/elite level while staying mostly healthy.
In terms of pure talent, there's probably not a better option in FA or even in the draft when the Bengals select. But the age and injury risk would play a factor. 
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Taylor Lewan was released by the Titans, and he's obviously a player that we want at our biggest position of need, left tackle.

SI.com points out how he liked an edited picture of him in a Bengals jersey, Tweeting out that "it does look dope, nice edit."

That's not exactly him buying property in Greater Cincinnati, but it does show his interest and that he's willing to come here and block for Burrow!

It would open up our draft a lot and provide a proven piece to our line!

Code:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It does look dope, nice edit. <a href="https://t.co/ZyzQJI58Ia">https://t.co/ZyzQJI58Ia</a></p>&mdash; Taylor Lewan (@TaylorLewan77) <a href="https://twitter.com/TaylorLewan77/status/1630331922034327561?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 27, 2023</a></blockquote> &lt;script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"&gt;&lt;/script&gt;
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2023, 11:17 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The past few years yes, but the first 6 years of his career he only missed a few games.
He's the definition of someone who has been elite in the past, has had some injuries recently, but you're taking the gamble he's going to perform at that good/elite level while staying mostly healthy.
In terms of pure talent, there's probably not a better option in FA or even in the draft when the Bengals select. But the age and injury risk would play a factor. 

If the money was equal, Would you swap him for Lael collins or Jonah Williams?

I guess, a healthy lewan is better than Jonah. And it doesn’t seem like the drop off from Jonah to Jackson was all that great. So, in theory, we should try and get out of Jonah and sign lewan.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2023, 05:32 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: If the money was equal, Would you swap him for Lael collins or Jonah Williams?

I guess, a healthy lewan is better than Jonah.  And it doesn’t seem like the drop off from Jonah to Jackson was all that great.  So, in theory, we should try and get out of Jonah and sign lewan.

I would certainly swap Lewan with Williams and have Carman backing him up depending on how much Lewan wants.  For me he would need to sign a contract simillar to Collins where he is payed well (7m-8m per year) but not elite and we would have options if he doesnt pan out.
Reply/Quote
Neither Jonah Williams nor Taylor Lewan are the long term answer at left tackle. What the Bengals need is a HEALTHY left tackle, period. This might be Jackson Carman or it might be someone not on the Cincinnati roster yet.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2023, 12:13 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Hard pass.

If we got a Collins at 3/21

I’d only take Lewan at 1year/5M and that’s even a bit high but i don’t expect Jonah to be 100% so I’ll give him an extra mill.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2023, 04:39 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Taylor Lewan was released by the Titans, and he's obviously a player that we want at our biggest position of need, left tackle.

SI.com points out how he liked an edited picture of him in a Bengals jersey, Tweeting out that "it does look dope, nice edit."

That's not exactly him buying property in Greater Cincinnati, but it does show his interest and that he's willing to come here and block for Burrow!

It would open up our draft a lot and provide a proven piece to our line!

Code:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It does look dope, nice edit. <a href="https://t.co/ZyzQJI58Ia">https://t.co/ZyzQJI58Ia</a></p>&mdash; Taylor Lewan (@TaylorLewan77) <a href="https://twitter.com/TaylorLewan77/status/1630331922034327561?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 27, 2023</a></blockquote> &lt;script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"&gt;&lt;/script&gt;

He certainly is interested in playing here and I don't blame him. His contract would have to be a 1 year prove it deal though that 
takes into account his recent injury history. Wouldn't be against this, but still would like a trade for Bolles more.
Reply/Quote