Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Taylor Mays cut
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-cut-Mays-two-under-roster-limit/94634e5b-2af1-4af9-b643-cb96972c1fa3
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Excellent! I was shocked that we went out and signed him to begin with.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
With his suspension, and the fact that he fills a niche role, I am not surprised that he was cut.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
We did the NFL a favor by releasing him so late. We probably saved some poor rookie from getting a concussion in preseason.
Reply/Quote
that means we have 2 open roster spots that can be filled before camp starts

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Leon & Freeney ?
Reply/Quote
"The Bengals are expected to sign former University of Calgary wide receiver Rashaun Simonise if he passes his physical when the rookies report."

Leon OR Freeney *Corrected

Reply/Quote
Oh Thank God

Reply/Quote
I think we all knew this was coming. I don't hate the guy or anything but I'm glad to know the rest of our safeties/nickle LBs are good enough that keeping him wasn't a priority.

Reply/Quote
bfine will bupset...

A lot of the 52 mocks had him as a cut victim, so it makes sense.

Welcome back Leon?

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
Oh no. Were doomed
Reply/Quote
He is a good nickle LB but at safety he is terrible though. Not surprised he was cut.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I didn't think he was going to be around long, but someone will probably sign him for depth before the season starts or shortly thereafter..For that matter the Bengals might pick him back up later if injuries occur..
My bold prediction... if we sustain injuries and some other team signs him someone here will type 'Dammit, we should have kept Mays!'
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I think the suspension really meant that Taylor had to really out perform most in camp to have a chance of making the roster.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2016, 08:59 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: We did the NFL a favor by releasing him so late. We probably saved some poor rookie from getting a concussion in preseason.

Yeah, on his own team
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2016, 11:56 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: bfine will bupset...

A lot of the 52 mocks had him as a cut victim, so it makes sense.

Welcome back Leon?

If his back checks out, or even if he is designated the original 6 game PUP list, I would absolutely sign Hall.  Has excellent instincts and the experience to help out at slot CB...could even play safety in a pinch.  
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2016, 11:25 PM)BoomerFan Wrote:  I don't hate the guy or anything but I'm glad to know the rest of our safeties/nickle LBs are good enough that keeping him wasn't a priority.

My feelings exactly.  I am not anti-Mays, but I am glad we have enough talent that we did not need to keep him around.
Reply/Quote
I honestly don't think anyone else will sign Mays. He sat around before the Vikings signed him. He sat around before we brought him back. So unless Zim brings him back - again - it'll almost be like a Chris Crocker situation, where we can call him up later in the season (after his suspension) if needed.

The only difference is that Crocker was actually a decent player.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
The team's backpack collection just plummeted with the loss of Taylor Mays.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2016, 09:53 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If his back checks out, or even if he is designated the original 6 game PUP list, I would absolutely sign Hall.  Has excellent instincts and the experience to help out at slot CB...could even play safety in a pinch.  

He could be the next Newman

Reply/Quote