Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taylor Mays
All this talk about how Mays can hit...yeah, he can hit when he connects. I seem to remember a ton of missed tackles because all he wants to do is throw a shoulder and does not wrap up. And then there's the issue of if we sign him, which defensive teammate will he concuss when he lowers his hat and hits them? If he wasn't good enough to stick here when he was here, I doubt the suspension for failed drug tests have made him any better.....
Reply/Quote
He'd be about as good as Williams. Whatever
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
He made a few big plays at USC, is an athletic freak and is somewhat of a 'Name' player. To some that means he's a good player in at the NFL level. I think his body of work is extensive enough to prove that he is not. A serviceable player? Sure. But a good player? No.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 11:13 PM)NKYRob Wrote: Be excited all you want for whoever you want. Judging by the comments here I am remembering a very different Taylor Mays than most. I'm just saying this guy has had many chances with both the Bengals and other teams, and would hate to see someone with upside get the boot for someone with a known ceiling.

In terms of OT, find someone off the street who can improve this team right now and I'll be jumping for joy with you.

Same here, if we get rid of Flowers or Fej for this guy i would be mad.

(10-26-2016, 04:44 AM)Wyche Wrote: Um......pass.  Folks knock Dansby....but isn't he among the team leaders in tackles in his first year here?

(10-26-2016, 04:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dansby is leading the team with 48. 

Nobody else is even in the 40's. 

To be fair he has been beat a bit and been tackling from behind.

Still like the guy but he is still adjusting to this Defense i believe and his new LB coach.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 10:53 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: He'd be about as good as Williams.  Whatever

I think people are hating on Shawn a little much. George has not been very good this year either.

Atleast i have seen Shawn make some nice hits, play with some passion and sack the QB. I have not seen any of this from Iloka this year.

And i have always been a George of the Jungle fan.
Reply/Quote
Never was a big fan of Mays, yet this move makes sense at this moment in time.

Knows system, coaches know him, and he could be serviceable as role player.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be upset if they cut Erickson to sign Mays.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It's kind of funny/ironic.

Numerous people on these boards (and fans overall) wanted Mays gone and were tired of him.

Now, people want him back.

Kind of like Tate. Got rid of him and his replacement isn't doing any better. Some people (seen more of it on twitter) want him back over Erickson.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 05:31 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: It's kind of funny/ironic.

Numerous people on these boards (and fans overall) wanted Mays gone and were tired of him.

Now, people want him back.

Kind of like Tate. Got rid of him and his replacement isn't doing any better. Some people (seen more of it on twitter) want him back over Erickson.

Well...  the reality is that none of these guys are really what someone wants.

That's the funny part.  Not really ironic.

[Image: th?id=OIP.M7d3783a208856e1a4474a70f56b7a...=265&h=178]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 05:28 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I wouldn't be upset if they cut Erickson to sign Mays.

Yeah I was drinking the Erickson Kool-Aid along with everyone else this preseason.  He has been terrible.  It is time for him to be shown the door.  Its a shame b/c looked like he had some real potential.  No reason Rex Burkhead cannot take his place as PR
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 05:28 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I wouldn't be upset if they cut Erickson to sign Mays.

I wouldn't be upset if they cut Erickson just because, ya know...he is bad at football.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 01:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think people are hating on Shawn a little much. George has not been very good this year either.

Atleast i have seen Shawn make some nice hits, play with some passion and sack the QB. I have not seen any of this from Iloka this year.

And i have always been a George of the Jungle fan.

isn't iloka dealing with a sholder injury I could see that causing him not to be laying the wood as much
Reply/Quote
Mays is looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. I'll pass
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2016, 01:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: isn't iloka dealing with a sholder injury I could see that causing him not to be laying the wood as much

Yeah, that would be a big reason for why George has not looked like he should be.

The bye week is coming at the right time. Lets go in 4-4.

The time change might mess with us a bit but we should still beat the Skins.

Sure is BS taking a home game away from us though i must say.
Reply/Quote