Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Taylor Swift=Bengals revenue
(06-30-2023, 02:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Plant, who I later met and talked to for about 30 minutes in Lexington and is an extremely nice person, has (had) a true 4 octave range with his voice, which is rare. Page was a highly paid studio guitarist who was one of the best guitarists to ever live when he wasn't high on heroin. Jones can play about any instrument out there, and arranged most of their music and still works as an arranger. They say Bonham's power came from his days as a bricklayer, but he had one of the fastest foots out there.  His triplets are legendary still. He reportedly only drank that heavy when they toured, because he missed being home. Sad that he passed. Zeppelin was a perfect storm of talent. 

Thank you for the info.

Jesus, talking to Plant for half an hour. That would be ridiculous.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2023, 02:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Plant, who I later met and talked to for about 30 minutes in Lexington and is an extremely nice person, has (had) a true 4 octave range with his voice, which is rare. Page was a highly paid studio guitarist who was one of the best guitarists to ever live when he wasn't high on heroin. Jones can play about any instrument out there, and arranged most of their music and still works as an arranger. They say Bonham's power came from his days as a bricklayer, but he had one of the fastest foots out there.  His triplets are legendary still. He reportedly only drank that heavy when they toured, because he missed being home. Sad that he passed. Zeppelin was a perfect storm of talent. 

My favorite of all time.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2023, 08:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: My very first rock concert was Robert, Jimmy, John Paul and Bonzo at the Riverfront Coliseum in 1977 (2nd night). The thing I never really got with Zeppelin (my favorite) is Page and Plant got all the attention, Bonzo was pretty much worshipped by drummers everywhere when he died. Plant was Knighted. But, listen to any Zeppelin song and it is plain they are all driven by Jones' bass or organ, not Page's guitar. I (And, he did all the arrangements) In fact, when Page was in his heavy heroin days, his playing became very sloppy. Yet, Jones is the least recognized of the band. 

That is really cool Sled and I agree, John Paul Jones is the most underrated musician in Led Zeppelin for sure.

Jimmy Page has always been pretty overrated and is sloppy at times on geet, probably because of drugs. LZ would be nothing without Plant tho.

Edit: Nothing is a bit over the top, but LZ wouldn't be near as big of a band without Robert Plant.
Reply/Quote
I know nothing of Taylor but a few of her hits

But if we’re cashing out from her concert the …..SHAKE IT OFF!!
-Housh
Reply/Quote
They got something like $30,000 from my brother!

He was posting about needing tickets (just like everyone else) and thought “my daughter’s will remember this forever,” so he bought a $30,000 box that sat like 25 people.

His wife and three daughters were going to go but he was thinking that he was going to be out a lot of money, so he put a post on Facebook for $1,200 a ticket, thinking not many, if any, people would bite.

They were gone in a half hour.

Stupid.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2023, 08:14 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: They got something like $30,000 from my brother!

He was posting about needing tickets (just like everyone else) and thought “my daughter’s will remember this forever,” so he bought a $30,000 box that sat like 25 people.

His wife and three daughters were going to go but he was thinking that he was going to be out a lot of money, so he put a post on Facebook for $1,200 a ticket, thinking not many, if any, people would bite.

Stupid.

He ain’t know who Taylor Swift is? Lol

Wouldn’t surprise me if driving is impossible from exit 6 all the way to the arena
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2023, 11:24 AM)Housh Wrote: He ain’t know who Taylor Swift is? Lol

Wouldn’t surprise me if driving is impossible from exit 6 all the way to the arena

Apparently not lol

Even with how crazy everything was getting and because it was last minute (he originally was on the list to buy a box and someone canceled the day before), he's not thinking people are going to shell out $1,250 a pop for tickets!

He probably could have made a nice profit if he asked for more from strangers, but he's not the type to do that, especially not to friends.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2023, 08:14 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: They got something like $30,000 from my brother!

Stupid.

Whoa, your bro must have mad money or like you said be stupid LMAO!!! Hilarious

To pay that kind of money to watch something that makes me honestly sick to my stomach is befuddling to me lol

I get it, has 3 daughters, damn, poor father has to suffer. Mellow

Love the stadium, guess I could put on head phones with good music and buy lots of brewskies and just walk around. Wink
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2023, 02:42 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Thank you for the info.

Jesus, talking to Plant for half an hour. That would be ridiculous.

Very down to Earth, we talked about the horse farms around Lexington, my cruiser, the 77 tour, and just small talk. They were on the Page Plant tour at the time. He was waiting for Page to come out so they could head to the airport. When Page finally came out, it was with a girl on each arm and he was higher than a kite. Plant was stone cold sober. At that time I thought  how strange it was Plant seemed to have grown up and Page was still doing the rock star schtickt
Reply/Quote
Reds fireworks disrupted the Taylor Swift concert....HAHAHA
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2023, 05:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Very down to Earth, we talked about the horse farms around Lexington, my cruiser, the 77 tour, and just small talk. They were on the Page Plant tour at the time. He was waiting for Page to come out so they could head to the airport. When Page finally came out, it was with a girl on each arm and he was higher than a kite. Plant was stone cold sober. At that time I thought  how strange it was Plant seemed to have grown up and Page was still doing the rock star schtickt

Thanks for this Sled. Doesn't surprise me honestly. Rock On
Reply/Quote

And the Who is the Ultimate storm of talent.

Not to turn this into a pissing match, but LZ is arguably one of the most-overrated bands that ever existed:

- Plant may had had a 4 octave range, but he never (or rarely) used it and just screamed and made, "sex noises," 1/3 of the time (not that there's anything wrong with that, but that's a waste of talent).
- Jones may be a great, "arranger," but big deal: he's a mediocre at best bassist and to bring up the Who again, Entiwistle could arrange circles around Jones, not to mention he is 10x the bassist and overall musician.
- Bonham is easily one of the biggest stamina drummers that ever lived, but A: many other guys basically have that stamina and B: his beats are not that intricate or difficult. I mean, you want to talk about stamina/keeping in time at a VERY brisk pace, Simon Phillips is a SESSION musician, FFS: 

And nobody touches Neil Peart: he's truly at the very #1 spot of drummers all-time and HIS writing/arranging prowess was 2nd to none.

- Page, I feel, is the only true transcendent talent in the group, but only as a guitar player (which he is at the top of the game), as he is a passable song writer at best (and Plant as a lyricist isn't much better).

They are great, blues band that got super popular and that popularity never waned... and when you're that popular, people tend to not criticise/look at things subjectively When stacked up against their most-supreme peers of the time (Floyd, the Who), they come in 3rd. And if we want to include the prog rock bands, they come in behind half a dozen of them.

And I detest Pink Floyd lol. Save for Bike. That song is golden.

EDIT* and for the topic at hand, TS is another mediocre at best pop act, that got famous for her lame HS break up songs and now is doing the pop tart thing that dozens of other chicks did before her, rinse and repeat. As Matt Pinfield once said...

Applies to TS 100%... save for the song writing: she at least writes all her own songs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2023, 02:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Whoa, your bro must have mad money or like you said be stupid LMAO!!! Hilarious

To pay that kind of money to watch something that makes me honestly sick to my stomach is befuddling to me lol

I get it, has 3 daughters, damn, poor father has to suffer. Mellow

Love the stadium, guess I could put on head phones with good music and buy lots of brewskies and just walk around. Wink

He's not poor lol

He's a partner at a wealth management firm and he's really good at what he does. His philosophy is these are the best times of his life for him in terms of his daughters, so he doesn't mind shelling out that kind of money.

I have seen numbers about how much money she brought in for the Bengals and then all the money off of it for hotels, restaurants, merchandise, and whatever else, and it's just stupid.

Cincinatti and the Bengals are doing ok in this one.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 01:04 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: ...

Not to turn this into a pissing match, but LZ is arguably one of the most-overrated bands that ever existed:

- Plant may had had a 4 octave range, but he never (or rarely) used it and just screamed and made, "sex noises," 1/3 of the time (not that there's anything wrong with that, but that's a waste of talent).
- Jones may be a great, "arranger," but big deal: he's a mediocre at best bassist and to bring up the Who again, Entiwistle could arrange circles around Jones, not to mention he is 10x the bassist and overall musician.
- Bonham is easily one of the biggest stamina drummers that ever lived, but A: many other guys basically have that stamina and B: his beats are not that intricate or difficult. I mean, you want to talk about stamina/keeping in time at a VERY brisk pace, Simon Phillips is a SESSION musician, FFS: 

And nobody touches Neil Peart: he's truly at the very #1 spot of drummers all-time and HIS writing/arranging prowess was 2nd to none.

- Page, I feel, is the only true transcendent talent in the group, but only as a guitar player (which he is at the top of the game), as he is a passable song writer at best (and Plant as a lyricist isn't much better).

They are great, blues band that got super popular and that popularity never waned... and when you're that popular, people tend to not criticise/look at things subjectively When stacked up against their most-supreme peers of the time (Floyd, the Who), they come in 3rd. And if we want to include the prog rock bands, they come in behind half a dozen of them.

EDIT* and for the topic at hand, TS is another mediocre at best pop act, that got famous for her lame HS break up songs and now is doing the pop tart thing that dozens of other chicks did before her, rinse and repeat. As Matt Pinfield once said...

Applies to TS 100%... save for the song writing: she at least writes all her own songs.

It's all subjective to taste. I never much liked the Who or Rush either one.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 01:04 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: ...

Truck, I love yah man, but to detest Pink Floyd and love Bike OMG!!! Sick

David Gilmour is my favorite guitarist of all time, dude still bends string right off the fret board like no other and is a great singer.

Roger Waters blows and was so bad of a bassist Gilmour had to play the bass for him on entire albums and sang most of the songs.

Rush rocks though, love Neil Peart. Rock On

(07-02-2023, 10:34 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: He's not poor lol

He's a partner at a wealth management firm and he's really good at what he does. His philosophy is these are the best times of his life for him in terms of his daughters, so he doesn't mind shelling out that kind of money.

I have seen numbers about how much money she brought in for the Bengals and then all the money off of it for hotels, restaurants, merchandise, and whatever else, and it's just stupid.

Cincinatti and the Bengals are doing ok in this one.

Good for him, wish I had dough to throw around like that. Smirk

(07-02-2023, 11:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It's all subjective to taste. I never much liked the Who or Rush either one.

Never really liked the Who much either, I like Rain on Me and Behind Blue Eyes and can play one of them but not a big fan.

All the songs of the Who they play on the radio are annoying as hell to me. I like The Guess Who better lol

Neil Peart of Rush was iconic though, greatest drummer of all time IMO. Love Tool's drummer as well.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 02:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good for him, wish I had dough to throw around like that. Smirk

We all do...............

Hilarious

He actually started in accounting for my dad's accounting firm but then moved on because he's too creative and in a more of an actions-minded guy, which, aside from finding ways to cheat the tax code, there's not a lot of creativity in accounting. 

My old man actually says he was also going to change jobs but then the wreck happened, so he couldn't risk the pause in income or the risk of losing the health insurance (he was a partner).
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 03:38 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: We all do...............

Hilarious

He actually started in accounting for my dad's accounting firm but then moved on because he's too creative and in a more of an actions-minded guy, which, aside from finding ways to cheat the tax code, there's not a lot of creativity in accounting. 

My old man actually says he was also going to change jobs but then the wreck happened, so he couldn't risk the pause in income or the risk of losing the health insurance (he was a partner).

Sounds like a good bro.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 06:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sounds like a good bro.

Definitely is.

I feel horrible for my brother (worse than I feel for anyone) because he dropped me off at my friend's and I asked him to drive us to the cemetery but I didn't tell him why (I didn't want my friend to drive us), and he told me we should walk (the cemetery was literally in my friend's backyard), but then my friend drove us and we wrecked.
Reply/Quote
This site says that, between hotel rooms, purchased concert tickets, transportation costs and food and beverage consumption over the concert weekend, Taylor brought 92 MILLION to the area, but I have also seen the 92 was a combination of the Reds and FC Cincinnati.

Regardless, it's a shitload!
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 06:26 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Definitely is.

I feel horrible for my brother (worse than I feel for anyone) because he dropped me off at my friend's and I asked him to drive us to the cemetery but I didn't tell him why (I didn't want my friend to drive us), and he told me we should walk (the cemetery was literally in my friend's backyard), but then my friend drove us and we wrecked.

Your friend was drunk I take it?
Reply/Quote