Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Taylor Swift=Bengals revenue
BTW Brad, don't want to bring up no bad memories. I just never heard how it really went down. Wink
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 06:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Your friend was drunk I take it?

Wasn’t drunk when we left his house but, by the time we wrecked he was (most of the drinking occurred in the cemetery).

He was also only 15, just like me and our other best friend (in the passenger seat).

The fact that it was so close is why he felt comfortable driving there.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 07:10 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Wasn’t drunk when we left his house but, by the time we wrecked he was (most of the drinking occurred in the cemetery).

He was also only 15, just like me and our other best friend (in the passenger seat).

The fact that it was so close is why he felt comfortable driving there.

Cool buddy, thanks for telling me, like I said, sorry if it brought back bad memories. Just was curious as you are a brother
to me. Thank God I have me about 12 acres of land I can drink my brewskies in and drive around, when I am in the towns
or cities I forbid myself to ever drive if I drink anything. 

Never drank in a cemetery, got one on me LMAO!PervertClappingCheers
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 07:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cool buddy, thanks for telling me, like I said, sorry if it brought back bad memories. Just was curious as you are a brother
to me
. Thank God I have me about 12 acres of land I can drink my brewskies in and drive around, when I am in the towns
or cities I forbid myself to ever drive if I drink anything. 

Never drank in a cemetery, got one on me LMAO!PervertClappingCheers

Likewise brother.

Not bringing up bad memories because, for some reason, it's never really bothered me. I get asked that a lot in my presentations.

I've said it before, but our friend's dad was the caretaker back there, so their house was back there and they let us drink and have parties because we weren't bothering anyone because everyone back there was dead...........

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 08:14 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Likewise brother.

Not bringing up bad memories because, for some reason, it's never really bothered me. I get asked that a lot in my presentations.

I've said it before, but our friend's dad was the caretaker back there, so their house was back there and they let us drink and have parties because we weren't bothering anyone because everyone back there was dead...........

Hilarious

Good tradition LMAO!!!Cheers
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2023, 09:41 AM)BengalBob Wrote: Obviously not a lot of Swifties around these parts.

In case you haven't heard.  She's a MAJOR draw.

Can she play RB?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 08:52 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Can she play RB?

One of her exes probably could.

She’s been cocked more times than Schwarzenegger”s shotgun.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 08:57 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: One of her exes probably could.

She’s been cocked more times than Schwarzenegger”s shotgun.

They all are running away lol
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 08:52 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Can she play RB?

BTW, those punks were honestly just shooting fireworks at each other's faces...

My God man. No wonder. Shocked
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 02:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Truck, I love yah man, but to detest Pink Floyd and love Bike OMG!!! Sick

David Gilmour is my favorite guitarist of all time, dude still bends string right off the fret board like no other and is a great singer.

Roger Waters blows and was so bad of a bassist Gilmour had to play the bass for him on entire albums and sang most of the songs.

Rush rocks though, love Neil Peart. Rock On

Good for him, wish I had dough to throw around like that. Smirk

Never really liked the Who much either, I like Rain on Me and Behind Blue Eyes and can play one of them but not a big fan.

All the songs of the Who they play on the radio are annoying as hell to me. I like The Guess Who better lol

Neil Peart of Rush was iconic though, greatest drummer of all time IMO. Love Tool's drummer as well.

That's fine: you can like what you like, but there is an objectivity to the difficulty of playing an instrument and writing out difficult and intricate music (you know how it is, being a musician yourself).

Pretty much the only people on Pete Townshend's level were the prog rockers (Genesis, Yes, ELP, etc.) and even they weren't as grandiose and as fine-tuned as Pete was.

Americans on the whole have never been as big of fans of the Who as the other popular acts of the day and this thread is proof.

And trust me, I recognise the brilliance of Gilmour. Incidentally, he guested on a Pete Townshend tune in the 80s that few people know about and even fewer know that he was a part of it:

How your fingers don't cramp up with almost 6 minutes of that intricacy, I have no clue.

BTW, there's no such song as, "Rain on Me." It's Love Reign O'er Me Wink

And BBEyes is overplayed to death.

I also deem Peart and Danny Carey to be the two best in Rock history.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2023, 02:07 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: That's fine: you can like what you like, but there is an objectivity to the difficulty of playing an instrument and writing out difficult and intricate music (you know how it is, being a musician yourself).

Pretty much the only people on Pete Townshend's level were the prog rockers (Genesis, Yes, ELP, etc.) and even they weren't as grandiose and as fine-tuned as Pete was.

Americans on the whole have never been as big of fans of the Who as the other popular acts of the day and this thread is proof.

And trust me, I recognise the brilliance of Gilmour. Incidentally, he guested on a Pete Townshend tune in the 80s that few people know about and even fewer know that he was a part of it:

How your fingers don't cramp up with almost 6 minutes of that intricacy, I have no clue.

Great stuff Truck and thanks for correcting me on that Who song title, I don't hear it very often, but is a great song.

BTW, you must love Triumph which is another Canadian band like Rush. That lead guitarist/singer is another great.

Watched Stevie Ray Vaughn this morning on Austin City Limits. Dude is insane, but you might not like his style. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2023, 12:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: When folks say "We don't need an indoor stadium because Otto Graham never played in one"; it's events like these that illustate the additional cash it could bring in.

Well Bengals would be in the minority when it comes to domes/roof stadiums.. Only 10 NFL stadiums have them. If it was such a cash cow, why only 10 ?
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2023, 05:57 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well Bengals would be in the minority when it comes to domes/roof stadiums.. Only 10 NFL stadiums have them. If it was such a cash cow, why only 10 ?

How many of the other 22 are warm weather stadiums?

Do you think they could have a TS concert at Paycor in January?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2023, 02:07 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: That's fine: you can like what you like, but there is an objectivity to the difficulty of playing an instrument and writing out difficult and intricate music (you know how it is, being a musician yourself).

Delay pedals...making simple 4 and 5 note parts sound way more complicated than they actually are since 1959.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2023, 05:57 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well Bengals would be in the minority when it comes to domes/roof stadiums.. Only 10 NFL stadiums have them. If it was such a cash cow, why only 10 ?

In the last 15 years, there have been 9 new stadiums. 7 of them have roofs. Do you see the trend? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-03-2023, 05:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great stuff Truck and thanks for correcting me on that Who song title, I don't hear it very often, but is a great song.

BTW, you must love Triumph which is another Canadian band like Rush. That lead guitarist/singer is another great.

Watched Stevie Ray Vaughn this morning on Austin City Limits. Dude is insane, but you might not like his style. Smirk

Not a problem Wink

Not a Triumph fan AT ALL lol, Rik Emmett went to HS with my dad and they were part of the same circle of friends (which also included Bazil Donovan, the bassist for Blue Rodeo), though they were NEVER close, according to my dad lol.

Lay it On the Line has gotten a ton of airplay since I can remember and same with Hold On, but I'm not a fan of those songs either.

Interestingly, unless it is at my parents' house or in a car that isn't mine, I haven't listened to the radio consistently in a good 13-15 years: just my iPod.

But my iPod song list has grown to double in that same time, so I am still listening to new stuff all the time Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2023, 06:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Do you think they could have a TS concert at Paycor in January?

Almost certainly not but, until folks start talking about putting roofs over MetLife Stadium and Soldier Field, it probably doesn't matter.  Most major tours aren't going to schedule a swing through the northern U.S. unless they can hit New York and Chicago.  Those that do are generally playing arenas even when domed stadiums are available (or open-air stadiums in the south).
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2023, 10:46 PM)Whatever Wrote: Delay pedals...making simple 4 and 5 note parts sound way more complicated than they actually are since 1959.

Yep, U2's Edge made a career out of using delay pedals.
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2023, 11:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, U2's Edge made a career out of using delay pedals.

Definitely, but Edge as least has chord/position changes in his parts.  Most of Gilmour's performance in "Give Blood" is sitting in a single position and repeating the same simple pattern ad nauseam with no deviation.  And his solo is just a slow walk up of a major scale.  I mean, that's just a classic example of a guy using effects as a crutch instead of a tool.  

I like most of Pink Floyd's catalogue and I have a lot of respect for Gilmour as an artist, but it's ridiculous to me that some have to take things a step further and try to categorize him as some kind of guitar god.  He's by no means Kurt Cobain bad on the instrument, but his playing certainly doesn't deserve placement on a pedestal, either.
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2023, 04:17 PM)Whatever Wrote: Definitely, but Edge as least has chord/position changes in his parts.  Most of Gilmour's performance in "Give Blood" is sitting in a single position and repeating the same simple pattern ad nauseam with no deviation.  And his solo is just a slow walk up of a major scale.  I mean, that's just a classic example of a guy using effects as a crutch instead of a tool.  

I like most of Pink Floyd's catalogue and I have a lot of respect for Gilmour as an artist, but it's ridiculous to me that some have to take things a step further and try to categorize him as some kind of guitar god.  He's by no means Kurt Cobain bad on the instrument, but his playing certainly doesn't deserve placement on a pedestal, either.

As a string plucker myself, i'm gonna have to disagree with you there. The brilliance of some players is how they take something simple and make it sound more complex and/or different than your average joe guitar player. 

Shine on you crazy diamond is not complex by any standard. I could teach it to a moderate-level guitar player in pretty short order. But the atmoshpere and emotion that Gilmour creates is magical (in pretty much everything he does). Take any standard 1,4,5 chord progression with a couple minor scales and two people are going to make it sound completely different. Gilmour has always been about mood and he does it spectacularly. 

I've never been a huge Who or Townshend fan but i like a good number of their songs. I don't necessarily agree with Truck that he's on another level, per se--but i give him tons of credit for deviating from the boring norm and composing things in a unique way and for reaching out for something different and i don't fret (pun intended) someone for liking a particular player, for whatever the reason is. Music is meant to move and it moves different people different ways.

Since we're talking about effects, don't even get me started on Kirk Hammett and his wah pedal...

[Image: 7rizbf.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote