Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taylor knows his approach is right and is trying to build a foundation for champion..
Q - Does the winless streak take a shot at your pride?
A - “Yes. When you know your approach is right, and you’re trying to build a foundation for championships to come, and the wins haven’t been there to this point in the season, that is frustrating. You can’t have a big ego in this. This league is hard. It’s very unforgiving sometimes, and we’re facing that right now. What we do know is that this is the toughest stretch we’re going to go through in our next 20 years here. This is going to be the toughest one. We find out a lot about the character of the people in this building and what the approach is going to be so we can look back on this and say that it made us stronger, because we faced the hardest it was ever going to be — the most adversity we ever face. These people stuck through it and did it the right way, and we’ll build on that. There’ll be a time — I can’t wait to look back on it — and say, ‘Remember when all that stuff happened?’ You guys will laugh with me, I promise (laughter). We’ll get there. This is one of the things we have to go through right now, unfortunately. We’re going to fight through it, and there are going to be some positive things as this season comes to an end.”

Q - If the team wins toward the end of the season, do you think that momentum can carry over to next season?
A - “I do. I really do. All the things you preach, work toward and emphasize — and we see a lot of examples of it happening on the field and off the field — you want to be rewarded for that. You’ve put in all this work, starting from when I sat up here for my press conference (when I was hired). That’s when the work started. For that hard work not to pay off with wins, that’s the easiest way to see it pay off ... We know that there are a lot of things going on that we feel like we’re improving, but the wins certainly put a stamp on that. We want that. We want as many wins as we can to close out this year.”

https://local12.com/sports/bengals/11-11-zac-taylor-press-conference-transcript-a-lot-of-things-that-we-need-to-fix-cincinnati-nfl-pro-football-ryan-finley-0-9-baltimore-ravens
Reply/Quote
John Gruden pulled some risky moves and some ?????????? with the trades they've done and can now win some games and close to .500 etc. If Zac thinks he's in the same boat with the organization willing to do the same player moves... he's not gonna last long.
Reply/Quote
I want to believe Zac Taylor. I really do. Just win a game and maybe I’ll take another sip of KoolAid. It sure tasted fine before the season started...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Are we sure this guy isn't related to Mike Brown? "Yes, we are the worst team in the NFL but what we are doing is right."
Reply/Quote
I believe in Taylor. I honestly think he is the guy.

Stay the course.
Reply/Quote
I think nobody told him that while it is legal in California, recreational marijuana isn't legal in Ohio yet.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be mad if he had less words to explain these ass whoopings.
Reply/Quote
He's not overly wrong here. This could be chalked up to growing pains and he may have an approach that he is trying to move toward.

However, I don't see the approach. With Marvin it was obvious, control the ToP, play stingy defense, field position, don't make mistakes and have every drive end in a kick. It didn't work out for Marvin but it is a winning philosophy. Marvin made sure to get people that understood his philosophy and that was why he did have the success he did. His biggest issue was not making the moves he needed to make fast enough.

ZT hasn't really shown that he knows what philosophy he wants to use. He just seems to be grabbing random people and then telling us that he has a plan. Drew Sample is an example of this. I am sure somethings got derailed, like Williams' injury, Green's injury, Glenn's "concussion", Boling retiring and a few other surprise bumps and bruises along the way with some players being out.

I mean our OLine with Glenn (who isn't great but serviceable), Boling, Hopkins, ? (probably Price or Jerry) and Williams would be much better than what we have now. Obviously Green being out hurts our WRs as Boyd is not a #1 WR. So if he is in the line up with the line ZT expected to have, maybe we see the philosophy a little more clearer. Maybe we have more wins than we do, maybe we lead the division and everyone is on clouds. Who knows, but the reality is that injuries and retirements happen all the time, and you have to adjust for them. Failure to do so can lead to this disaster that we have going on.

Maybe he is right, maybe this is the only time we go through this. Maybe he does build up a team that wins consistently. This is why I am not writing him off just yet. This coming offseason will be very telling. If he panics and goes QB with our first pick, then I will just have another reason to be skeptical and believe that he is just winging it, with no real plan. I will give him a chance even with a QB pick, but wouldn't be surprised if we continue to fail. Then we can mock him for these sound bites.
Reply/Quote
Merv used to talk like that as well
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
If Taylor is kept, let's see what changes actually come this offseason.

I know I probably sound like an optimist (I'm not, honestly!), but I do think that Taylor didn't have enough time and/or resources to implement his plan accordingly last offseason given he came in so late and took so long to fill his staff. By that point, there wasn't much time to evaluate players that fit what they are trying to do, so they kept a lot of the same guys. Now, (hopefully) they are realizing that many of these players and/or staff members are not a fit and will look to replace them in the offseason.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 11:53 AM)ochocincos Wrote: If Taylor is kept, let's see what changes actually come this offseason.

I know I probably sound like an optimist (I'm not, honestly!), but I do think that Taylor didn't have enough time and/or resources to implement his plan accordingly last offseason given he came in so late and took so long to fill his staff. By that point, there wasn't much time to evaluate players that fit what they are trying to do, so they kept a lot of the same guys. Now, (hopefully) they are realizing that many of these players and/or staff members are not a fit and will look to replace them in the offseason.

The main issues seem to be the coordinators. (And Taylor is essentially one of them.)
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 11:59 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The main issues seem to be the coordinators. (And Taylor is essentially one of them.)

Absolutely. Anarumo needs gone. Turner's zone blocking scheme is terrible (at least with the players he has). Taylor needs to give up offensive playcalling duties to someone more experienced and creative.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
First year head coach certain about his plan. We are doomed. If his plan was to go 0-9 in his first year, and that asshole Mike Brown hired him we might as well get the razorblades out.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 10:29 AM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: He's not overly wrong here.  This could be chalked up to growing pains and he may have an approach that he is trying to move toward.

However, I don't see the approach.  With Marvin it was obvious, control the ToP, play stingy defense, field position, don't make mistakes and have every drive end in a kick.  It didn't work out for Marvin but it is a winning philosophy.  Marvin made sure to get people that understood his philosophy and that was why he did have the success he did.  His biggest issue was not making the moves he needed to make fast enough.

ZT hasn't really shown that he knows what philosophy he wants to use.  He just seems to be grabbing random people and then telling us that he has a plan.  Drew Sample is an example of this.  I am sure somethings got derailed, like Williams' injury, Green's injury, Glenn's "concussion", Boling retiring and a few other surprise bumps and bruises along the way with some players being out.

I mean our OLine with Glenn (who isn't great but serviceable), Boling, Hopkins, ? (probably Price or Jerry) and Williams would be much better than what we have now.  Obviously Green being out hurts our WRs as Boyd is not a #1 WR.  So if he is in the line up with the line ZT expected to have, maybe we see the philosophy a little more clearer.  Maybe we have more wins than we do, maybe we lead the division and everyone is on clouds.  Who knows, but the reality is that injuries and retirements happen all the time, and you have to adjust for them.  Failure to do so can lead to this disaster that we have going on.

Maybe he is right, maybe this is the only time we go through this.  Maybe he does build up a team that wins consistently.  This is why I am not writing him off just yet.  This coming offseason will be very telling.  If he panics and goes QB with our first pick, then I will just have another reason to be skeptical and believe that he is just winging it, with no real plan.  I will give him a chance even with a QB pick, but wouldn't be surprised if we continue to fail.  Then we can mock him for these sound bites.

The issue I have is how he says everything is going to plan, but what first year coach has plans to go 0-9. What we doing that for? A QB with no o-line, God knows we aren't getting FA's...
Reply/Quote
“What we do know is that this is the toughest stretch we’re going to go through in our next 20 years here.”

Zac Taylor 20 year contract extension confirmed?

I really want to believe this and buy in, but I just can’t do it.
Reply/Quote
I'd be a little more on board if I knew what right approach he is talking about.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 01:03 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I'd be a little more on board if I knew what right approach he is talking about.

The approach was to copy the Rams...but not have players or coaches capable of executing their system.
Reply/Quote
Name one player who has improved. That is all i was looking for going into the season. Improvement.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 01:33 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Name one player who has improved. That is all i was looking for going into the season. Improvement.

Ol brittle bones Ross was looking pretty good for a minute. Tongue

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 10:29 AM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: He's not overly wrong here.  This could be chalked up to growing pains and he may have an approach that he is trying to move toward.

However, I don't see the approach.  With Marvin it was obvious, control the ToP, play stingy defense, field position, don't make mistakes and have every drive end in a kick.  It didn't work out for Marvin but it is a winning philosophy.  Marvin made sure to get people that understood his philosophy and that was why he did have the success he did.  His biggest issue was not making the moves he needed to make fast enough.

ZT hasn't really shown that he knows what philosophy he wants to use.  He just seems to be grabbing random people and then telling us that he has a plan.  Drew Sample is an example of this.  I am sure somethings got derailed, like Williams' injury, Green's injury, Glenn's "concussion", Boling retiring and a few other surprise bumps and bruises along the way with some players being out.

I mean our OLine with Glenn (who isn't great but serviceable), Boling, Hopkins, ? (probably Price or Jerry) and Williams would be much better than what we have now.  Obviously Green being out hurts our WRs as Boyd is not a #1 WR.  So if he is in the line up with the line ZT expected to have, maybe we see the philosophy a little more clearer.  Maybe we have more wins than we do, maybe we lead the division and everyone is on clouds.  Who knows, but the reality is that injuries and retirements happen all the time, and you have to adjust for them.  Failure to do so can lead to this disaster that we have going on.

Maybe he is right, maybe this is the only time we go through this.  Maybe he does build up a team that wins consistently.  This is why I am not writing him off just yet.  This coming offseason will be very telling.  If he panics and goes QB with our first pick, then I will just have another reason to be skeptical and believe that he is just winging it, with no real plan.  I will give him a chance even with a QB pick, but wouldn't be surprised if we continue to fail.  Then we can mock him for these sound bites.

That might be the way you see it, and you aren't completely wrong.

I see it as he's majorly hampered by this OL. Losing Jonah Williams for the season really hurt.
He's also really hampered by FA as well for this Season.

I agree we have to wait and see what this next off season brings. We still need to see what Finley can do as well.
If we can get a trade to get a mid to late 1st round pick, that would be great. I'd draft the OL from Georgia and then Jalen Hurts later.

I still think the Defense can be fixed via FA's. LB's will be available and we can afford them.
Reply/Quote