Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taylor knows his approach is right and is trying to build a foundation for champion..
(11-12-2019, 01:51 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: That might be the way you see it, and you aren't completely wrong.

I see it as he's majorly hampered by this OL. Losing Jonah Williams for the season really hurt.
He's also really hampered by FA as well for this Season.

I agree we have to wait and see what this next off season brings. We still need to see what Finley can do as well.
If we can get a trade to get a mid to late 1st round pick, that would be great. I'd draft the OL from Georgia and then Jalen Hurts later.

I still think the Defense can be fixed via FA's. LB's will be available and we can afford them.

The point overall is this team has more talent than 0 wins. He's underachieved. Injuries hurt.

But, good coaches overcome them. The Steelers have 5 wins WITH MASON RUDOLPH. Conner has been hurt. Tuitt. They traded Brown and Bell is gone. And they have 5 wins!

IF Taylor were a good coach, a few injuries wouldn't destroy us.

And in quotes...Taylor seems to think the offensive line is playing ok...and we're still losing!
Reply/Quote
I feel like that even for a good coach this is a near impossible situation. You have to scout, coach, develop playbooks, be the PR person, etc here.

Taylor has shown the ability to do NONE of those things.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 11:53 AM)ochocincos Wrote: If Taylor is kept, let's see what changes actually come this offseason.

I know I probably sound like an optimist (I'm not, honestly!), but I do think that Taylor didn't have enough time and/or resources to implement his plan accordingly last offseason given he came in so late and took so long to fill his staff. By that point, there wasn't much time to evaluate players that fit what they are trying to do, so they kept a lot of the same guys. Now, (hopefully) they are realizing that many of these players and/or staff members are not a fit and will look to replace them in the offseason.

Two things have to happen for Zac's success. 

Have an absolute home run of a draft from top to bottom.

Befriend better coaches and staff members in the NFL or at the least top NCAA candidates to employ.

Otherwise... "Fuggedaboutit!!"

Mike Brown will do nothing to help Taylor outside of giving him an expired free frosty coupon.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 12:55 PM)BengalsFan1986 Wrote: “What we do know is that this is the toughest stretch we’re going to go through in our next 20 years here.”

Zac Taylor 20 year contract extension confirmed?

I really want to believe this and buy in, but I just can’t do it.

20 is just the beginning.

That's why Brown was on board with the hire.

"Katie you go pick a young fellow who you can keep and oversee until you're a century old. "
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 01:33 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Name one player who has improved. That is all i was looking for going into the season. Improvement.

What I came here to post about. The team/players seem to be getting worse every week, not getting better from week to week. Which, is what you would expect from a good coach with a good plan.

I never liked the Taylor hire, but I wanted to give him time before I made my final opinion on him and he’s done everything to prove me right, that he’s not a capable head coach.
Reply/Quote
When a team’s best performance takes place in the first game of the year and regresses from there, it’s never a good sign. The Bengals have gone from looking respectable against the Seahawks to looking incompetent against the Rams and the Ravens.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 01:33 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Name one player who has improved. That is all i was looking for going into the season. Improvement.

Auden Tate...

Taylor and his crew still suck though...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 01:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The point overall is this team has more talent than 0 wins. He's underachieved. Injuries hurt.

But, good coaches overcome them. The Steelers have 5 wins WITH MASON RUDOLPH. Conner has been hurt. Tuitt. They traded Brown and Bell is gone. And they have 5 wins!

IF Taylor were a good coach, a few injuries wouldn't destroy us.

And in quotes...Taylor seems to think the offensive line is playing ok...and we're still losing!

The Steelers have a very good offensive line. Way better than ours.

Their lbs are way better than our. If those two units switched teams I’d say we’d have more wins and they’d have a lot less than they do.

Can you imagine dalton throwing and mixon running behind that line?

Can you imagine the effect that lb unit would have on our dl and dbs?

Coaching certainly plays a part but you can’t coach up a bowl of turds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 02:42 PM)jason Wrote: Auden Tate...

Taylor and his crew still suck though...

Idk. This is the Tate I watched in college for three years. The Tate I saw last year was maybe just rookie jitters? When FSU needed a first down, Tate was the guy that caught everything, kind of like what we have in Boyd.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 02:51 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Idk. This is the Tate I watched in college for three years. The Tate I saw last year was maybe just rookie jitters? When FSU needed a first down, Tate was the guy that caught everything, kind of like what we have in Boyd.

You'd know better than I... He's just put up better stats this year... Either way; if only one guy has improved it's still a pretty bad indictment on this staff.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 01:51 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: That might be the way you see it, and you aren't completely wrong.

I see it as he's majorly hampered by this OL. Losing Jonah Williams for the season really hurt.
He's also really hampered by FA as well for this Season.

I agree we have to wait and see what this next off season brings. We still need to see what Finley can do as well.
If we can get a trade to get a mid to late 1st round pick, that would be great. I'd draft the OL from Georgia and then Jalen Hurts later.

I still think the Defense can be fixed via FA's. LB's will be available and we can afford them.

That is why I mentioned how the his expectations of the OLine vs what he actually got gives him a bit of a pass.  I don't really see a philosophy or style from him, but that could be due to the sudden and rapid changes that happened all back to back of each other.

I agree that we need Thomas out of Georgia with our 1st pick as both insurance if Williams falters (Thomas could bust too) or more ideally if Williams is great then Thomas take the other side.  Both of them have played both RT and LT and both have done both at a high level.  For our 2nd pick if he is there I would take Kindley in a heartbeat.  I know how much of a long shot that is, back to back OLine from the same school... probably an NFL first for a team to do that, but that would hopefully improve the line by a lot. 

I don't want a QB in this draft, the kid I like the most is Eason, but with the rest of the team looking so bad and knowing that a better OLine makes better RBs, which makes better QBs, which makes better offenses, which keeps your defense off the field and well rested, I have to go with OLine.  I have said it before and I will keep saying Thomas in the 1st, Kindley or Bredeson in the 2nd and Biadasz in the 3rd.  Bachie in the 4th for defense.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 01:58 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think nobody told him that while it is legal in California, recreational marijuana isn't legal in Ohio yet.

Did Ohio suddenly legalize bad acid? Maybe he's developed a taste for strychnine and its hallucinatory effects.  Cool  
Personally I think they're building for a crumbling structure due to collapse upon completion or slightly before then. Build the foundation from Jello brand gelatin and lots of weak bricks held together with just wet sand..  Sounds like a can-do approach from the Brown family to me!   ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote