Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Taylor says Redmond is starting at RG
(11-20-2020, 07:06 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: b. I'll wait until I hear the actual interview, but it's not clear to me yet whether he said Redmond would be available to play or whether he'd start. This all seems to come from a tweet from Hobson who frequently gets things wrong. And I don't remember ZT ever saying who would start and who wouldn't, so it would surprise me if he started now. But like I said, I haven't seen the press conference yet.

I had the same thought.
Reply/Quote
So he gets activated and doesn't go back on the PS. Problem solved. Right?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ben Baby reported that Zac said Redmond was available for Sunday not that he would start

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 04:39 PM)pally Wrote: I would suspect it is because Hart isn't playing yet so Spain will be playing RT again.  Or Zac is blowing smoke like he did last week and we will see an entirely different OL

My interpretation from Bengals.com is that it will be either Spain or Adeniji at RT, and it is undecided.  It sounds like Adeniji was going to go at RT last week until Jonah couldn't go, so he got moved to the other side, thus Spain landing at RT.

If Spain is not going to go at RT, I would think he will kick back to LG, where he was a monster against TN.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 07:50 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: So he gets activated and doesn't go back on the PS. Problem solved. Right?

That's my thinking as well.

I don't know how he gets exposed to waivers if he remains on the active roster. 
Reply/Quote
There absolutely no way....0 that we expose Spain to get picked up. The team left him on the PS as long as they could protect him. They'll now promote him to the 54.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 08:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There absolutely no way....0 that we expose Spain to get picked up. The team left him on the PS as long as they could protect him. They'll now promote him to the 54.

Agreed. No way they send him back to PS.

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 08:37 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Agreed. No way they send him back to PS.

we are talking a out Zack Taylor right? Lets see how stupid he is.....
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 09:06 PM)kalibengal Wrote: we are talking a out Zack Taylor right? Lets see how stupid he is.....

Yes. He’s not as stupid as you may think? 

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 08:09 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: My interpretation from Bengals.com is that it will be either Spain or Adeniji at RT, and it is undecided.  It sounds like Adeniji was going to go at RT last week until Jonah couldn't go, so he got moved to the other side, thus Spain landing at RT.

If Spain is not going to go at RT, I would think he will kick back to LG, where he was a monster against TN.

Likely the most logical response that I've seen in this thread. 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 09:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Likely the most logical response that I've seen in this thread. 

Idk.  They really seem to love Jordan, and MJ can be excused as a guy that's still developing.  Redmond, well, not so much.  He just ain't all that good.  I could definitely see them starting Spain over Redmond before benching MJ.  Redmond and his at least once a game drive-killing penalties are the weak spot of the line by a lot.
Reply/Quote
I so hope Redmond isn't out there. I can't go through another game with his 2 false starts and a holding call.
Reply/Quote
They can still sign him to the 53. They have to cut someone or IR someone.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 04:50 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I would agree with this as well; it's only logical.

But of course, we know who created the thread...

Right on both accounts
Reply/Quote
Was the Bengals franchise put on earth to make us suffer?
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 12:55 AM)jj22 Wrote: They can still sign him to the 53. They have to cut someone or IR someone.

Currently there are only 52 on the active roster. No one needs to go anywhere yet. If Spain is moved to the active roster then a roster move will need to be made when XSF is activated. Something that could still happen this week.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Wink 
(11-20-2020, 09:20 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yes. He’s not as stupid as you may think? 

He's not stupid. He's just bad at his job. There's probably a million other professions he could thrive in.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 08:09 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: My interpretation from Bengals.com is that it will be either Spain or Adeniji at RT, and it is undecided.  It sounds like Adeniji was going to go at RT last week until Jonah couldn't go, so he got moved to the other side, thus Spain landing at RT.

Maybe there was an update I missed, but I thought Hart went full go at practice?  If this was true, Spain should be our RG, and I also thought XSF was practicing and if so, I would like to see him at LG.  These meaningless games can help up figure out the roster for next year instead of saying crap like:  "We really like him" and we have never seen him perform in a game.  
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 01:47 AM)Tony Wrote: Was the Bengals franchise put on earth to make us suffer?

Sometimes I seriously wonder about this...and I keep coming back for more.

Now, I realize the Buckeyes were a very competitive team in the 80s and 90s, but it seemed like they always lost to Michigan.  Then, they changed coaches and the team never seems to lose to Michigan.  He (initially Tressel) said in his first press conference that he was going to make fans proud on "insert date of Michigan game".  He turned the tide tremendously against Michigan, and it has been continued by coaches that followed.

I only bring that up because I think of these things as cyclical....the Bengals are due for a long era of winning and the steelers should suck ass for a long time.  I am still waiting. 
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 10:36 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Maybe there was an update I missed, but I thought Hart went full go at practice?  If this was true, Spain should be our RG, and I also thought XSF was practicing and if so, I would like to see him at LG.  These meaningless games can help up figure out the roster for next year instead of saying crap like:  "We really like him" and we have never seen him perform in a game.  

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-notebook-another-sunday-another-role-for-assistants-mixon-out-no-rotatio

Quote:O-LINE UP: Left tackle Jonah Williams (neck stinger) went full for the second straight day and Taylor says he'll start. Even though right guard Alex Redmond (bicep) went limited and is questionable, Taylor said he'll play. But even though Bobby Hart (knee) went full for a second straight day after missing the last two games, Taylor wouldn't name a starting right tackle. He's got two after left guard Quinton Spain started there at right tackle during a week rookie Hakeem Adeniji practiced there before starting at left tackle. Backup right tackle Fred Johnson, who came off the COVID list Friday, went limited before being categorized as questionable for Sunday.

While he likes how more than five guys are progressing and how it's impossible these days to predict lineups, Taylor did quash on Friday the idea of rotations on the O-line.
"No, you really want to get a guy into a rhythm," Taylor said. "That's one of the positions where there's a feel for the game, a feel for a rusher. Communication with the guard next to you if you're a tackle or whatever the position is. Ideally you'd rather get a guy in there and roll with him."

So he said Redmond would play, but didn't name him the starter (although he later ruled out a rotation)

Spain was called LG

Hart practiced but has not been given the nod.
Reply/Quote