Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taylor seem to think the offensive line is playing well
(11-14-2019, 04:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You're missing the point. Taylor took largely the same roster...and took it from a 6 win team to a 0 win team.

Any qualified coach would realize that. Taylor is terrible...and is ruining the players that are here.

Taylor is a first time HC. Marvin Lewis was a 16 year head coaching veteran with a winning record and still couldn't get more than 6 wins out of this "largely the same roster". And then you have the gall to act like a first time HC should be expected to take a roster that hasn't had a winning record in over 3 seasons and take it to AT LEAST 6 wins. Yes, there were many - myself included - who thought a change in coaching staff would be enough to improve the team a little. Clearly, we were wrong. But, saying Taylor should be fired before the end of his first season because he's not doing as well as the last guy would be like saying cut Tua or Burrow because he's not playing as well as Dalton right out of the gate.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 07:51 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Three games he lost by a total of NINE points. Were they blow outs? They have had some very bad games and nothing we gripe about is going to change any of that. My alternate thing for the rest of the season is seeing what improvement the team can make in the future.

Somehow those 3 games don't mean much when you lose to two winless teams and get absolutely destroyed by two division rivals (3-27 and 13-49). I really don't see how people can find a silver lining in this season.

There are no moral victories. It's win OR lose and sometimes tie. A team is known by its record, not that it got close 3 times and not close 6.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 08:00 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Taylor is a first time HC. Marvin Lewis was a 16 year head coaching veteran with a winning record and still couldn't get more than 6 wins out of this "largely the same roster". And then you have the gall to act like a first time HC should be expected to take a roster that hasn't had a winning record in over 3 seasons and take it to AT LEAST 6 wins. Yes, there were many - myself included - who thought a change in coaching staff would be enough to improve the team a little. Clearly, we were wrong. But, saying Taylor should be fired before the end of his first season because he's not doing as well as the last guy would be like saying cut Tua or Burrow because he's not playing as well as Dalton right out of the gate.

When Marv was a first time HC he took a losing team and got it to 8-8 his first season. So any comparison with Marvin puts Taylor in a bad light. In fact, comparing Taylor to just about any coach puts him in a bad light, even if only comparing bad coaches to him. Dave Shula was at least able to muster 5 wins our of his team his first year as HC.

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 09:41 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Somehow those 3 games don't mean much when you lose to two winless teams and get absolutely destroyed by two division rivals (3-27 and 13-49). I really don't see how people can find a silver lining in this season.

There are no moral victories. It's win OR lose and sometimes tie. A team is known by its record, not that it got close 3 times and not close 6.

Maybe I am the selfish type . I see no moral victory in winning 5 or 6 games. I would rather concentrate on what it takes to get to the Super bowl and win. If that means going thru one or two lean years so be it. People who say they miss Marvin ,who got 16 years, and refuse to give someone else even one full season before wanting their head on a platter aren't being fair. The bottom line is the rebuild has started and hopefully the team will turn the corner and be successful. Nowhere to go but up.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 11:14 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Maybe I am the selfish type . I see no moral victory in winning 5 or 6 games. I would rather concentrate on what it takes to get to the Super bowl and win. If that means going thru one or two lean years so be it. People who say they miss Marvin ,who got 16 years, and refuse to give someone else even one full season before wanting their head on a platter aren't being fair. The bottom line is the rebuild has started and hopefully the team will turn the corner and be successful. Nowhere to go but up.

Do I believe Marvin would have ever taken the Bengals to a SB? No, and this is why I thought it was time for him to go.

Do I believe Zac will have a winning season in Cinci? No

The Bengals needed to find a better HC than they had, not a much worse one.

Reply/Quote