Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taylor seem to think the offensive line is playing well
(11-13-2019, 01:16 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: This front office will not jump the gun and fire Zac Taylor anytime soon, to do so would admit they may have made a mistake in his hire in the first place. I believe he will get the rest of this season and all of next season to see if he can start to right the ship.

Good Post

This is the thing that matters to the Brown Family. They're not going to admit they made a mistake ! You hear people talking about how it doesn't look good to the rest of the NFL to fire a first year HC blah, blah. Mike Brown doesn't give a damn about that, since when has he ran this team like he cares what the NFL, the fans, or anybody else thinks ?

Taylor isn't going anywhere anytime soon. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 12:24 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: then we find another team to root for.

As Curly Bill says..... "Well, Bye"
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 12:29 PM)Trademark Wrote: Why are so many people defending this clown? Honestly Simmons would be a better choice. The special teams unit is the only bright spot on this trash team

I would have no problem at all with Simmons, he's going to be a good HC when he gets a chance. Doesn't change the fact though, that Taylor is not getting fired halfway through his 1st season.....
Reply/Quote
I was pro-zac (you see what I did there? Pro-zac? PROZAC???) but I'm ambivalent now. No one would do much with this group, but he's really done a poor job with what little he was given. And this cabal of corndog eating champions he's hired as assistants is all his doing. He's failed across the board.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 11:30 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The majority of Bengals fans want Zac Taylor's head on a platter. I don't really want to hear about why (heard it a hundred times already) but what do you believe will happen. What coach do you want? Will they agree to join with this hot mess? Will having a top pick influence their decision? Could a top notch coach force MBs hand and make him hire more scouts and a GM? String him up is all we talk about but should we look before we leap?

I don't know where you're getting "majority" statement from but nearly everyone I've talked to at all the games and online here, Twitter, etc has said they are willing to give Zac at least two years. I think what you're experiencing may just be a few loud people. 

As far as coaches go, I would love to get a new high profile DC, I think Lou is in over his head, I would also like to get a new o-line coach. That said  those are things I would like but I don't think the DC thing will happen, we might get a new one but it won't be a great one. Look at it from an outside perspective, imagine if you got a call asking if you wanted to go work for the Bengals organization knowing you've got an inexperienced HC and an notoriously cheap/stubborn owner. I picture the sequence in Major League where the guy is selling tires and gets a call to go coach the Indians and he says " I don't know I got a guy on the other line about some white walls". 
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
Coulda woulda shoulda hired Kyle Shannahan 2 years ago, but the toothpaste is outta the tube. I'd take Jay Gruden back. He's got experience in 2 dysfunctional franchises, is a legit offensive coach, and he's in mid life crisis mode, and will keep the team loose.

They're not firing this boob though...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Taylor probably gets 3-4 years. He'll win 1 or 2 games this year.

Then next year, we'll win 5-6 years and everyone will be like 'Wow - Zac is great! He'll take us to the playoffs next year!'
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 02:19 PM)jason Wrote: Coulda woulda shoulda hired Kyle Shannahan 2 years ago, but the toothpaste is outta the tube. I'd take Jay Gruden back. He's got experience in 2 dysfunctional franchises, is a legit offensive coach, and he's in mid life crisis mode, and will keep the team loose.

They're not firing this boob though...

Gruden was 0-5 when fired. Couldn't inspire his players when he had the biggest spending owner so probably won't do any better here.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 02:43 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Gruden was 0-5 when fired. Couldn't inspire his players when he had the biggest spending owner so probably won't do any better here.

This is all hypothetical anyway, but we're not gonna find a guy who went out on top. I don't trust the Brown's judgement in hiring "up and comers" either. I've heard Gruden was at odds with management there. I like what he did here... I'd give home the benefit of the doubt. Four of those five losses were to New England, Chicago, Dallas, and Philly too... With Case Keenum, a guy who should still be at Ohio State at QB, and Adrian Peterson as the top RB. They draft about as bad as we do.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I hope that the 'We've had a bunch of close losses crowd' checks this out. This is comparing our 0-10 start in 1993 to this years 0-9 start:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 12:36 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: One good thing about Zac is, I think Mike has given him the same amount of control Marvin had. Right from the get-go. I never thought in a million years Mike would approve of benching a franchise QB, and yet here we are.

This is Zac’s team. But it won’t fully be Zac’s team until he gets rid of Marvin’s players. He needs at least two more years, for better or for worse.

It's not so much a benching of the QB, rather the realization that you will likely be drafting a young replacement due to draft position next year. Since your long-term QB plans are changing and the season is a complete loss, you see what you have behind the guy who will not be around for the rebuild. 

Has nothing to do with Dalton - even Mike Brown is not that stupid.... well wait a minute strike that last comment.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 11:30 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The majority of Bengals fans want Zac Taylor's head on a platter. I don't really want to hear about why (heard it a hundred times already) but what do you believe will happen. What coach do you want? Will they agree to join with this hot mess? Will having a top pick influence their decision? Could a top notch coach force MBs hand and make him hire more scouts and a GM? String him up is all we talk about but should we look before we leap?

First off, Taylor deserves to be fired. He's obviously in way over his head. Hiring him was a mistake, obviously. Why not just get it over with.

Secondly, the season is lost.

Thirdly, you have to get better coaches in next season as it is, so start making your list now. To get the right coach the front office is going to have to make some changes as no one wants to work for this team as it is. Might as well confront that fact right now.

Or, the team could just stay its course and suck for the next decade just like it did in the 90s.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 02:51 PM)jason Wrote: This is all hypothetical anyway, but we're not gonna find a guy who went out on top. 

The facts are clear as a bell that no Good to great coach is coming here to work for a circus led by Mike Brown. What does that leave us? A failed retread like Gruden or a ZT 2.o. Either way it doesn't look good for the near future unless MB changes his modus operandi. Don't hold your breath.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 03:03 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The facts are clear as a bell that no Good to great coach is coming here to work for a circus led by Mike Brown. What does that leave us? A failed retread like Gruden or a ZT 2.o. Either way it doesn't look good for the near future unless MB changes his modus operandi. Don't hold your breath.

I think we've all known this for some 28 years. Some admit it. Some don't.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 03:00 PM)BengalChris Wrote: First off, Taylor deserves to be fired. He's obviously in way over his head. Hiring him was a mistake, obviously. Why not just get it over with.

Secondly, the season is lost.

Thirdly, you have to get better coaches in next season as it is, so start making your list now. To get the right coach the front office is going to have to make some changes as no one wants to work for this team as it is. Might as well confront that fact right now.

Or, the team could just stay its course and suck for the next decade just like it did in the 90s.

We are aware that a lot of fans wanted ZT gone, the OP wanted your suggestions for a replacement for ZT, would they even come here??….
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 02:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I hope that the 'We've had a bunch of close losses crowd' checks this out. This is comparing our 0-10 start in 1993 to this years 0-9 start:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

You attached the wrong dire tweet.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 03:08 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: We are aware that a lot of fans wanted ZT gone, the OP wanted your suggestions for a replacement for ZT, would they even come here??….

Don't know. It would be up to the Brown family to get someone good to come to the Bengals. It might take making some changes.

What I know for sure is that they are on the wrong track.

Reply/Quote
Obviously this won’t happen here, but I’d go after McCarthy. Reports are he’s already assembled his coaching staff in preparation for getting a job next year. That would save a lot of time and allow him to hit the ground running. I’m not a huge fan of retreads, but I’ll take one of those over a candidate like Zac, who had nothing on his resume that indicated he was ready for a HC position.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 02:51 PM)jason Wrote: . I'd give him(GRUDEN) the benefit of the doubt. Four of those five losses were to New England, Chicago, Dallas, and Philly too...

You give Gruden credit for losing to two 5-4 teams (Dallas and Philly)and one 4-5 team (Chicago). Does ZT get the same consideration when Sea hawk(7-2)s,Ravens (2)(7-2) , Pitt(5-4), LA(5-4) niners(8-1), and Bills(6-3) had better or equal to the record of the losses the Skins had.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 02:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I hope that the 'We've had a bunch of close losses crowd' checks this out. This is comparing our 0-10 start in 1993 to this years 0-9 start:

I mean depending on if you are an optimist or a pessimist you could say he is a modern day Jimmy Johnson who was 0-8 and 1-15 overall his first year coaching. His average margin of defeat in his first 8 losses were 17 points and the average over all losses was 13.9. I get that it's in vogue here to be all "sky is falling" but this is kind of just cherry picking stats to drive a narrative. 

I'm not saying Taylor is a good coach, or he will ever be one, but trying to make proclamations based off 10 games is silly. We aren't a good team, had we kept Marvin and won 6 games no one here would be happy either. Rebuilds aren't fun and they take time, buckle up it's going to be a bumpy ride for a while.
Reply/Quote