Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taylor seem to think the offensive line is playing well
(11-13-2019, 11:10 AM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: He is a young inexperienced coach who never really had control of an offense to be worthy of becoming a head coach. The Bengals took a flyer on him and look where they are today. An experienced HC, OC or DC would have been a better hire; however, the Bengals front office felt that ZT could get the job done. He isn't.

The defensive unit after ML took over was doing better than this unit and it had just as many issues. The offensive unit even with it behind Driskel was IMO better than what is being fielded today. 

IMO, the failure starts with the coaches. They simply aren't performing well enough to ensure the success of the team. Great coaches are able to over come injuries; anyone remember when the PATS lost Brady early in the season and still finished the year with a winning record. Great coaches can over come obstacles such as injuries or have a plan in place to at least make the team good enough to get the job done. 

The current set of head coach, offensive coordinator, and defensive coordinator lack experience as leaders and it is showing up week in and week out; not only on film but also when it comes to the press conference. 

Fans knew going into the season with the LB the Bengals had signed were not enough to help the team win. We all knew AJ injury was going to hurt the team. We all knew that the OL had holes even with Jonah joining before he was injured and yet here the Bengals sit as the lone win less team. 

Andy wasn't the problem, Preston wasn't the problem, and Jonah injury wasn't the problem, etc... lack of proper long term planning by the front office and the coaching staff is the problem. I blame Tobin and Taylor as they are the two who hold the closest relationship with the Brown family to ensure the team had the right pieces in place to win as many games as possible. 

If Katie and her husband has control of the team, I think they should hire a GM to run the Bengals, fire both Duke Tobin and Zac Taylor. Than allow the GM to bring in people into the scouting department and hire an experience HC that they will work with to ensure the team bring in players that fit the coaches scheme, this includes FA, signing their own, etc... 

Last year changes IMO are complete failure and I believe the Bengals can turn this around next year, but it requires the team hiring a GM and making changes to both the scouting and with the coaches. 

I'm with you all to the point where you talk about Katie and Troy hiring a GM. I hope they do. I doubt they do though.
Reply/Quote
The majority of Bengals fans want Zac Taylor's head on a platter. I don't really want to hear about why (heard it a hundred times already) but what do you believe will happen. What coach do you want? Will they agree to join with this hot mess? Will having a top pick influence their decision? Could a top notch coach force MBs hand and make him hire more scouts and a GM? String him up is all we talk about but should we look before we leap?
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 11:30 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The majority of Bengals fans want Zac Taylor's head on a platter. I don't really want to hear about why (heard it a hundred times already) but what do you believe will happen. What coach do you want? Will they agree to join with this hot mess? Will having a top pick influence their decision? Could a top notch coach force MBs hand and make him hire more scouts and a GM? String him up is all we talk about but should we look before we leap?

Let Simmons run the show; he's been here long enough and has many years experience as a STC. 
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 11:32 AM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: Let Simmons run the show; he's been here long enough and has many years experience as a STC. 

he cant be worse....   I know another team being ran by a ST's coach and they are doing pretty well...    So well they just beat us by 30+ and played their backup QB
Reply/Quote
Zac's not getting fired in his 1st year......
Reply/Quote
Mike McCarthy would be nice. An established coach that could bring in established processes.

Then, bring in an up-and-coming OC and an established DC.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 11:43 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Zac's not getting fired in his 1st year......

Worst draft in years of terrible drafts, one of the worst seasons in the history of the Bengals, no positive moves for developing for the future, and supporting coaching staff are washed up Dolphin's coordinators.  What else does it take to get fired in this league?  

The real shit stain on this team is Duke Tobin and how he hasn't been fired after years of terrible drafts is beyond me.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Jay Gruden or Mike McCarthy as HC, then do whatever it takes to poach Joe Brady away from LSU for OC. And get JDR back on the phone for DC.

But again, this is all predicated on the organization's willingness to change their philosophy regarding free agency and trades.

#nevergonnahappen
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
then we find another team to root for.
Reply/Quote
Not ready to fire Taylor yet. He walked into a hot mess himself, it's not like he ruined a good thing here. I want to see how he goes about cleaning up the mess that was left for him as well as the mess he helped create with bad coaching staff hires and FA signings.

So far, I approve of the Dalton benching and the Preston Brown release but that is only the tip of the iceberg here, as he has a MASSIVE roster overhaul ahead of him. I give him a slight and temporary pass on the coaching staff hires due to his late hiring and really the lack of options he had to bring in here, but I DO expect him to make necessary coaching upgrades as well as moving on from the Preston Brown/Bobby Hart types on this roster. If he fails to do those things, I will right there with those of you calling for his head. As for now, I recognize that he is in a very difficult place to win, and I am intrigued that he has at least shown a willingness to move on from mediocre players. We will find out very quickly if that trend will continue.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 12:24 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: then we find another team to root for.

Why are so many people defending this clown? Honestly Simmons would be a better choice. The special teams unit is the only bright spot on this trash team
Reply/Quote
True, someone is making changes, and it's Zac, maybe he now needs to give play calling duties to someone else. Keep changing until we somehow get a win...
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 12:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Mike McCarthy would be nice. An established coach that could bring in established processes.

Then, bring in an up-and-coming OC and an established DC.

God no. I’ve seen plenty of Packers games over the years and I think it’s obvious Aaron Rodgers made McCarthy look good. If Zac is indeed let go, I wouldn’t hate the hire because he could have a career revival a la Andy Reid in Kansas City (key word: could. I wouldn’t hold my breath).

I would much rather rectify the mistake we made last year and hire Eric Bienemy.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 12:28 PM)HuDey Wrote: Not ready to fire Taylor yet. He walked into a hot mess himself, it's not like he ruined a good thing here. I want to see how he goes about cleaning up the mess that was left for him as well as the mess he helped create with bad coaching staff hires and FA signings.

So far, I approve of the Dalton benching and the Preston Brown release but that is only the tip of the iceberg here, as he has a MASSIVE roster overhaul ahead of him. I give him a slight and temporary pass on the coaching staff hires due to his late hiring and really the lack of options he had to bring in here, but I DO expect him to make necessary coaching upgrades as well as moving on from the Preston Brown/Bobby Hart types on this roster. If he fails to do those things, I will right there with those of you calling for his head. As for now, I recognize that he is in a very difficult place to win, and I am intrigued that he has at least shown a willingness to move on from mediocre players. We will find out very quickly if that trend will continue.

One good thing about Zac is, I think Mike has given him the same amount of control Marvin had. Right from the get-go. I never thought in a million years Mike would approve of benching a franchise QB, and yet here we are.

This is Zac’s team. But it won’t fully be Zac’s team until he gets rid of Marvin’s players. He needs at least two more years, for better or for worse.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 12:36 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: One good thing about Zac is, I think Mike has given him the same amount of control Marvin had. Right from the get-go. I never thought in a million years Mike would approve of benching a franchise QB, and yet here we are.

This is Zac’s team. But it won’t fully be Zac’s team until he gets rid of Marvin’s players. He needs at least two more years, for better or for worse.

so far all of Zac's Players have left a lot to be desired.
but the coach has shown no sign of competence since hes been here....
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 12:38 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: so far all of Zac's Players have left a lot to be desired.

True. There has been nothing encouraging. His offensive play calling has been atrocious. Inexcusable, really.

We can only hope Zac has a miraculous epiphany and learns proper situational football... or relegates play calling duties to the OC.
Reply/Quote
1) His first draft as a head coach has, thus far, been an unmitigated disaster.
2) The talent we DO have on this team has regressed under his leadership.
3) His play-calling is terrible.
4) His hand-picked coaching staff is terrible.

Call me a pessimist, but I don't see this guy panning out. I just don't see it, and I don't think any amount of time is going to fix it. He looks like he's in way over his head, and for all my criticisms towards Marvin Lewis I can comfortably speculate that this exact team would not be 0-9 under him.

My hunch is Zac Taylor is out of a job next January. Frankly, if they do go 0-16 I think ownership needs to have the conversation THIS January. One-and-done coaches are not a good look, but you can't shrug that kind of failure off.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
This front office will not jump the gun and fire Zac Taylor anytime soon, to do so would admit they may have made a mistake in his hire in the first place. I believe he will get the rest of this season and all of next season to see if he can start to right the ship.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
As I've said before, ZT is in a hopeless situation...he's sort of like one of the zillion starting QBs the Cleveland Browns have had in the past 20 years or so. He's in a hopeless situation, but he also seems to suck on his own accord. Oh well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 12:38 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: so far all of Zac's Players have left a lot to be desired.

My issue is this guy waited until week 8 to fire Preston Brown and replace Dalton when the whole world saw how bad Dalton was and number 52.Bobby Hart needs to go,nick vigil needs to go,Carlos Dunlap needs fired,he is horrible.need a new DC and on and on.Who is going to replace number 52.They will lose against the raiders,no question and ZT will say we are close.REALLY!!!!! ITS A NEW DEY.AND when is AJ going to show up.We need so so many new players.What a MESS,A MASSIVE MESS.THIS franchise will NEVER win a super bowl and this coach is way over his head and he calls a horrlble game,and with all these top coaches here,we have not improved AT ALL,NOT EVEN A LITTLE BIT. :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul:
Reply/Quote