Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Taylor vs Tomlin- Number of Playoff Wins!
(01-16-2023, 09:37 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Saying the Steelers Org is a joke is simply a bad take.  We had the worst ownership in sports for several years. 

They have 6 Rings, 2 in the last 15 years.  We have ZERO in over 50 years.

Every team has players that other teams hate.  You think the Steelers don't like Hines Ward like we do?  I'm not certain but I don't want to compare the number of bad characters we have had with any other team.

The fact is the Rooney family didnt embarrass it's fanbase nearly as much since 1933 than Mike Brown did after taking over a SB and playoff team with 14 straight non-winning seasons, with only 2 out of 20 having a winning record.  

I just don't see how anyone can say the Steelers Org is a joke, and if they can we would be one of the very last, outside of the Browns.

Basing the quality of the Steelers organization against the quality of our organization pretty much proves that they're a joke.

We were a joke but have turned it around as Mike Brown has given up control and put more money into the organization.

Like I said, most of the rings came before 1980, so not exactly like they're still relevant to today's NFL.  Your past doesn't rescue you from being a current joke. 

If they were the model franchise and not a joke, you'd think that they would be able to maintain their success and the quality of football that their fans have come to expect, but they haven't been able to maintain that success.

Putting up with a rapist quarterback for almost two decades with no serious repercussions is a joke.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 09:45 PM)jason Wrote: That's all fine and good. Til we get that ring, we're just yapping about playoff records between arbitrary years. I don't have much experience being a fan of championship caliber pro teams, but it's sorta the equivalent of UC fans telling me that they've won more post season games than Ohio State over the past two seasons... When Ohio State has 2 national championships in the last 20 years. This is clearly just an analogy.... I'm excited by UC's recent success.

I just think our woofing like that is hollow, and we sound  nuevo rich. We need to win this damn thing this year.

Until we win the Big One, this is all we have to gauge on. 

Hope Bengals do win it this year, but doubting it with the current state of O-line. Before the Bills game I would have thought Bengals to be one of the favorites though, things change quickly in this league. Yet still believing until they lose. 

Oh and UC argument is a little different per UC has Coach Satterfield now. Just don't see their post season success rate holding water for much longer now. Yet think Wisconsin is about to be improved. 

Plus Burrow and Zac should be here for a long time to be a thorn in the steelers side. Bengals have have won AFCN back to back seasons and beaten the steelers head to head 3 out of the last 4 games as well and should have been 4 out of 4. UC is not winning the Big 10 or beating OSU in head to head match ups and has a much hollower argument.  

Yet get what people are saying, but am a Bengals fan and have no SB's to brag about yet. Still refuse to sit silent about my excitement for my team though. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 10:17 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Until we win the Big One, this is all we have to gauge on. 

Hope Bengals do win it this year, but doubting it with the current state of O-line. Before the Bills game I would have thought Bengals to be one of the favorites though, things change quickly in this league. Yet still believing until they lose. 

Oh and UC argument is a little different per UC has Coach Satterfield now. Just don't see their post season success rate holding water for much longer now. Yet think Wisconsin is about to be improved. 

Plus Burrow and Zac should be here for a long time to be a thorn in the steelers side. Bengals have have won AFCN back to back seasons and beaten the steelers head to head 3 out of the last 4 games as well and should have been 4 out of 4. UC is not winning the Big 10 or beating OSU in head to head match ups and has a much hollower argument.  

Yet get what people are saying, but am a Bengals fan and have no SB's to brag about yet. Still refuse to sit silent about my excitement for my team though. 

Oh I'm excited too... A lil more nervous after last night though. I thought we'd handle a Huntley led team that was also missing Bateman. Hats off though. That's a well coached tough ass team. The I juries keep coming too, and I'm wondering where the tipping point is. Yet and still... A win is a win, and we're still alive. Nobody will remember how ugly last night was if we get the job done.

Let's knock Buffalo off and cheer for Sunshine and the Jags to upset KC (I did call them this year's Bengals in the preseason). AFC championship 8n Cincinnati has a nice ring to it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 07:13 PM)jason Wrote: I feel like the days of counting playoff wins need to end. It's small, and I don't think successful franchises keep tabs on that. It's time to count Super Bowl wins starting with that elusive first one.

YES! As much as we want to celebrate Zac having more Playoff wins early than Iron Mike lol we need to win the big one. Mellow

So bad, like so frickin' bad. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 10:29 PM)jason Wrote: Oh I'm excited too... A lil more nervous after last night though. I thought we'd handle a Huntley led team that was also missing Bateman. Hats off though. That's a well coached tough ass team. The I juries keep coming too, and I'm wondering where the tipping point is. Yet and still... A win is a win, and we're still alive. Nobody will remember how ugly last night was if we get the job done.

Let's knock Buffalo off and cheer for Sunshine and the Jags to upset KC (I did call them this year's Bengals in the preseason). AFC championship 8n Cincinnati has a nice ring to it.

Absolutely

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Screw the Steelers...Burrow is 31 playoff wins and 7 SB rings behind Brady, so this year he will continue to close the gap.

The Burrow era can retire our old golden eras with Anderson and Esiason into the old folks' home in the next month, so sure if we have to compare ourselves to the post century Steelers next, fine.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: YES! As much as we want to celebrate Zac having more Playoff wins early than Iron Mike lol we need to win the big one. Mellow

So bad, like so frickin' bad. Mellow

I always sorta got annoyed by the whole "no playoff wins in 25 - 30 years" thing when it was going on. We finally got the monkey off our back last year. Now I don't like the counting of playoff wins either. They don't matter. Being the last team standing matters.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:57 PM)jason Wrote: I always sorta got annoyed by the whole "no playoff wins in 25 - 30 years" thing when it was going on. We finally got the monkey off our back last year. 

I stopped watching previews of Bengals games by National media and also pre-game shows because there is always one asshat that would say "Sure, they're playing good now, but we've all seen this before, right? When they play good in January, then they'll deserve our attention, until then, Same Ol' Bengals."

Not saying they were wrong, but why would I turn on their program to hear the exact same thing 10-12 times every year? 

I remember telling a friend "I would have tuned in this week to learn something about the game that a network's inside connections might be able to tell me, but their crew doesn't want to do research and dish out info about the Bengals. They just want to give reminders." That's kind of why I always liked Peter Schrager. Even before he was on NFL Network, he was a regular on Colin Cowherd and he would be positive while giving new info that I hadn't heard.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 09:47 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Basing the quality of the Steelers organization against the quality of our organization pretty much proves that they're a joke.

We were a joke but have turned it around as Mike Brown has given up control and put more money into the organization.

Like I said, most of the rings came before 1980, so not exactly like they're still relevant to today's NFL.  Your past doesn't rescue you from being a current joke. 

If they were the model franchise and not a joke, you'd think that they would be able to maintain their success and the quality of football that their fans have come to expect, but they haven't been able to maintain that success.

Putting up with a rapist quarterback for almost two decades with no serious repercussions is a joke.

Whatever, this is more silliness.

Steelers haven't had a losing season since 2003.

They have 6 Rings.

Comparing the Rooneys to Mike Brown is pathetically ignorant.

Now you want to bring up rapist players no longer there?  How about Carmen? Or Mixon, who knocks little girls out on video?  This is beyond ignorant. It makes you look bad and all Bengals fans look bad.

I have no issues respecting the organizations that have wanted to win every season, not just the last 2.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 09:13 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: As bad as the original post?

Explain what was bad about the original post?

Steelers are supposed to be one of the top franchises in the NFL and their fan base always brags about their success, so how is pointing out that our coach has more playoff wins in two years than their coach has in the past twelve years a bad post?

Also, why was the post you just quoted a bad post?

At this point which Head Coach makes the Hall of Fame, be honest?
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 06:40 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: They've won, what, two this century? The rest were all 1980 or before?

If it's such a well-run organization that is successful, they should definitely have more.
When was their last Lombardi?

And if you want to call some of their players POSs, then it's not a well run organization because who brings in the players?
If McPherson's PAT doesn't get blocked in the first regular season game or if he doesn't miss the field goal in OT, they don't have a winning record this year.

I know you can play "what ifs" about a lot of teams/games but they don't have too many convincing wins.

I bend a knee to this awesomeness (which I also happen to agree with)!

Moreover, the last vestiges of Cowher’s recruiting (Rothlisberger) is now gone. They’ve been in a steady decline since.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 03:11 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Whatever, this is more silliness.

They have 6 Rings.

Now you want to bring up rapist players no longer there?  How about Carmen? Or Mixon, who knocks little girls out on video?  This is beyond ignorant. It makes you look bad and all Bengals fans look bad.

I have no issues respecting the organizations that have wanted to win every season, not just the last 2.

Yep, gotta agree with casear2727 here. You can hate on the Steelers all you want but their past record speaks for itself. They know how to win and win the BIG game. Up until the last two years the Bengals haven't even been in the Steelers class. Not a losing season since 2003? 6 Rings? The Bengals SB trophy shelf is empty. The Bengals are just now scratching the surface. The future does look good but they have a loonngg way to go.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:57 PM)jason Wrote: I always sorta got annoyed by the whole "no playoff wins in 25 - 30 years" thing when it was going on. We finally got the monkey off our back last year. Now I don't like the counting of playoff wins either. They don't matter. Being the last team standing matters.

Same, only one thing matters now and that is winning it all. Then we can talk a bit because we got the big monkey off our back.

Even though the stealers did a lot of cheating to get all those rings, they still got them.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 03:11 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Whatever, this is more silliness.

They have 6 Rings.

Non-losing seasons are measures of having a decent franchise, but titles and playoff wins are the measure of successful franchises. Even the Steelers organization and their fans don't consider those seasons worthy of their reputation.
You go back to rings but, as I mentioned, only two since 1980.
Mixon is wrong for what he did, but it was also a knee-jerk reaction that he felt horrible about that happened once and it was prior to entering the NFL, whereas Ben's MULTIPLE rapes happened WHILE HE WAS A STEELER
Same with Carmen. And did the Bengals even know about that when they drafted him?
How is it ignorant to compare the Rooneys to Mike Brown? Mike Brown gave players a second chance when THEY HAD NOT DONE ANYTHING WRONG AS A BENGAL, but the Rooneys paid a QB hundreds of millions of dollars while he raped women that they knew of.
Actually, you're right because it is ridiculous to compare the Rooneys to Mike Brown because he wasn't NEARLY as bad as the Rooneys.
It is beyond ignorant for you to argue otherwise, but feel free to try, and it makes you look bad.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 09:02 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Non-losing seasons are measures of having a decent franchise, but titles and playoff wins are the measure of successful franchises. Even the Steelers organization and their fans don't consider those seasons worthy of their reputation.
You go back to rings but, as I mentioned, only two since 1980.
Mixon is wrong for what he did, but it was also a knee-jerk reaction that he felt horrible about that happened once and it was prior to entering the NFL, whereas Ben's MULTIPLE rapes happened WHILE HE WAS A STEELER
Same with Carmen. And did the Bengals even know about that when they drafted him?
How is it ignorant to compare the Rooneys to Mike Brown? Mike Brown gave players a second chance when THEY HAD NOT DONE ANYTHING WRONG AS A BENGAL, but the Rooneys paid a QB hundreds of millions of dollars while he raped women that they knew of.
Actually, you're right because it is ridiculous to compare the Rooneys to Mike Brown because he wasn't NEARLY as bad as the Rooneys.
It is beyond ignorant for you to argue otherwise, but feel free to try, and it makes you look bad.

This is so stupid.  We have 2 good seasons now we are the greatest franchise and the Steelers Org is a joke.  Im not sure I even want to debate this juvenile, idiotic opinion.

Yes, wins are the 1st reference to measuring an organization.  Steelers far, far out pace us.  It isnt even close, it is embarrassing that I even have to think about this.

Anybody who thinks Mike Brown is in any way better than the Rooneys that ran the Steelers during the same time frame should quit watching the NFL because nothing is processing properly in their mind.  This recency bias is so pathetically dumb.  

I'm guessing that you place Trenton Irwin's career up on a pedestal much higher than AJ Green too?  I mean, Irwin has 4 TDs this season and AJ only has 2 so Trenton must be twice as good for his entire career, right?  That is how dumb this argument is....

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 09:45 PM)casear2727 Wrote: This is so stupid.  We have 2 good seasons now we are the greatest franchise and the Steelers Org is a joke.  Im not sure I even want to debate this juvenile, idiotic opinion.

Yes, wins are the 1st reference to measuring an organization.  Steelers far, far out pace us.  It isnt even close, it is embarrassing that I even have to think about this.

Anybody who thinks Mike Brown is in any way better than the Rooneys that ran the Steelers during the same time frame should quit watching the NFL because nothing is processing properly in their mind.  This recency bias is so pathetically dumb.  

I'm guessing that you place Trenton Irwin's career up on a pedestal much higher than AJ Green too?  I mean, Irwin has 4 TDs this season and AJ only has 2 so Trenton must be twice as good for his entire career, right?  That is how dumb this argument is....

Stop ignoring my points and throwing out insults because you think we're all too stupid to see.

I NEVER said we're the greatest franchise and I NEVER said the Steelers organization is a joke.

Continually making things up to fit your agenda is incredibly juvenile and idiotic.

I never said that Mike Brown is a better owner than the Roonies; I SAID THAT THEY'RE WORSE THAN MIKE BROWN WHEN IT COMES TO DEALING WITH PROBLEM PLAYERS WHEN CONSIDERING MIXON AND CARMAN BECAUSE THOSE HAPPENED BEFORE THEY WERE ON THE TEAM AND BEN'S HAPPENED WHILE HE WAS ON THEIR TEAM.

I put those in all caps because you seemed to ignore them or unable to grasp what I posted, so respond to that before I respond to the rest.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 10:12 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Stop ignoring my points and throwing out insults because you think we're all too stupid to see.

I NEVER said we're the greatest franchise and I NEVER said the Steelers organization is a joke.

Continually making things up to fit your agenda is incredibly juvenile and idiotic.

I never said that Mike Brown is a better owner than the Roonies; I SAID THAT THEY'RE WORSE THAN MIKE BROWN WHEN IT COMES TO DEALING WITH PROBLEM PLAYERS WHEN CONSIDERING MIXON AND CARMAN BECAUSE THOSE HAPPENED BEFORE THEY WERE ON THE TEAM AND BEN'S HAPPENED WHILE HE WAS ON THEIR TEAM.

I put those in all caps because you seemed to ignore them or unable to grasp what I posted, so respond to that before I respond to the rest.

"I NEVER said the Steelers organization is a joke."

This is your very 1st post which I replied to and started all of this:

[Image: giggle.gif] [Image: giggle.gif] [Image: giggle.gif] [Image: giggle.gif] [Image: giggle.gif] [Image: giggle.gif] [Image: giggle.gif] [Image: giggle.gif]

The Steelers organization is a joke!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I never said that Mike Brown is a better owner than the Roonies" (nice plurality)

Yet you said this:

"it is ridiculous to compare the Rooneys to Mike Brown because he wasn't NEARLY as bad as the Rooneys."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You said:   "Mike Brown gave players a second chance when THEY HAD NOT DONE ANYTHING WRONG AS A BENGAL"

And then turn around and complain when the Steelers didn't cut Ben.

Again this entire conversation is a joke and I need a shower after defending the Steelers.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 10:12 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I NEVER said we're the greatest franchise and I NEVER said the Steelers organization is a joke.

This you?

[Image: VKsalHw.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 01:27 AM)casear2727 Wrote: "I never said that Mike Brown is a better owner than the Roonies" (nice plurality)

Yet you said this:

"it is ridiculous to compare the Rooneys to Mike Brown because he wasn't NEARLY as bad as the Rooneys."

Again, on the field success vs doing what is right. Like I say below, one is about football and one is about morality. 

Mike wasn't nearly as bad as the Rooneys in keeping a rapist as the face of the franchise but he wasn't as good of an owner in the football aspect, obviously.

(01-18-2023, 01:27 AM)casear2727 Wrote: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You said:   "Mike Brown gave players a second chance when THEY HAD NOT DONE ANYTHING WRONG AS A BENGAL"

And then turn around and complain when the Steelers didn't cut Ben.
Did you miss the part where I posted "as a Bengal"?

Also, having the face of your franchise rape women (which is the worst possible thing you can do to a woman) is different than Mike Brown giving players second chances for slipping up.

(01-18-2023, 01:27 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Again this entire conversation is a joke and I need a shower after defending the Steelers.
Not very well.........

(01-18-2023, 03:48 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: This you?

[Image: VKsalHw.png]

See below.

(01-18-2023, 01:27 AM)casear2727 Wrote: "I NEVER said the Steelers organization is a joke."

This is your very 1st post which I replied to and started all of this:

[Image: giggle.gif] [Image: giggle.gif] [Image: giggle.gif] [Image: giggle.gif] [Image: giggle.gif] [Image: giggle.gif] [Image: giggle.gif] [Image: giggle.gif]

The Steelers organization is a joke!

They're not a joke in the fact that they have so many rings and so much success, but they are a joke in the fact that they won two rings with a rapist running a show and their front office completely overlooked it.
Reply/Quote
I actually think there are parallels between us now and the Steelers in 69/70 or so. New HC and two high draft hits leading a joke franchise into instant dynasty mode.
Reply/Quote