Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team Chain of Command
Question: when it comes to coaches like Pollack, does he answer to the OC or the HC or does everyone answer to the HC? I think it’s obvious why I’m asking.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2024, 02:28 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Question: when it comes to coaches like Pollack, does he answer to the OC or the HC or does everyone answer to the HC? I think it’s obvious why I’m asking.

My question is, why have we put up with it?

I understand when we didn't have the best players but we've brought in so many guys that aren't bad that it seems like it's obvious what the problem is.

We have Burrow, so why are we wasting his best years and his health by not giving him the best protection? 

Answer to your question is I don't think it really matters because then the OC answers to the HC.

My question is what do they see in him that makes them keep him around? I couldn't care less who he answers to. I want to know why we're settling for his shitty job. Are there no replacements out there? How could it get worse?

Pisses me off.
Reply/Quote
Maybe we need to do a Fire Canada-type campaign.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2024, 02:34 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: My question is, why have we put up with it?

I understand when we didn't have the best players but we've brought in so many guys that aren't bad that it seems like it's obvious what the problem is.

We have Burrow, so why are we wasting his best years and his health by not giving him the best protection? 

Answer to your question is I don't think it really matters because then the OC answers to the HC.

My question is what do they see in him that makes them keep him around? I couldn't care less who he answers to. I want to know why we're settling for his shitty job. Are there no replacements out there? How could it get worse?

Pisses me off.

I would assume the reason is they don't think they can get anyone better, or at least for the price they're willing to pay.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2024, 09:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I would assume the reason is they don't think they can get anyone better, or at least for the price they're willing to pay.

How difficult can it really be to find someone better?

Burrow has been getting killed.
Reply/Quote
I think people put far too much stock in position coaches. We don't exactly have elite offensive linemen. They're good, but this line isn't going to be 90s Cowboys dominant, no matter who's coaching it.

I'd like to see a personnel upgrade on the interior. No slight against Karras, Cappa and Volson.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2024, 05:02 AM)IcoHolic Wrote: I think people put far too much stock in position coaches. We don't exactly have elite offensive linemen. They're good, but this line isn't going to be 90s Cowboys dominant, no matter who's coaching it.

I'd like to see a personnel upgrade on the interior. No slight against Karras, Cappa and Volson.

with all the FA activity ...we have still a middling to sub mid O Line
Something needs to change...better scouts? more scouts? maybe a legit GM? less Shotgun? IDK
but I was super jealous watching Detroits OL  yesterday
Reply/Quote
I think they all report to Zac and then Zac reports to Burrow :)
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2024, 02:28 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Question: when it comes to coaches like Pollack, does he answer to the OC or the HC or does everyone answer to the HC? I think it’s obvious why I’m asking.

I believe, and it's pure speculation, the Bengals have a convoluted chain of command going on, and have for quite some time as we all know. 

I mean who's REALLY running what ?? Pages and pages could be written on this from the very top all the way to the water boy. 

I'm just hoping next season they get it figured out!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2024, 11:41 AM)kalibengal Wrote: with all the FA activity ...we have still a middling to sub mid O Line
Something needs to change...better scouts? more scouts? maybe a legit GM? less Shotgun? IDK
but I was super jealous watching Detroits OL  yesterday

Its crazy to think both of Detroit's All Pro linemen could have been Bengals.    The Bengals were going to draft Ragnow until Detroit took him right before the Bengals pick and we all know the Chase/Sewell debate.   I dont know who is going to be the next Ragnow and Sewell in the draft but we need to find them.  Having talent like that would certainly help this offense.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2024, 02:13 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Its crazy to think both of Detroit's All Pro linemen could have been Bengals.    The Bengals were going to draft Ragnow until Detroit took him right before the Bengals pick and we all know the Chase/Sewell debate.   I dont know who is going to be the next Ragnow and Sewell in the draft but we need to find them.  Having talent like that would certainly help this offense.

Zac and Burrow alone are proving good enough to keep us away from drafting a top talent like Sewell. The Bengals hopefully aren't picking top 10 any time soon. Duke and the organization is going to need to nail draft picks in the 18 to 32 slot to boost the OL talent.

I'm with you though, it would be fun to see Burrow behind a top OL.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2024, 02:20 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Zac and Burrow alone are proving good enough to keep us away from drafting a top talent like Sewell. The Bengals hopefully aren't picking top 10 any time soon. Duke and the organization is going to need to nail draft picks in the 18 to 32 slot to boost the OL talent.

I'm with you though, it would be fun to see Burrow behind a top OL.

We need to find our own Darrisaw.

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2024, 02:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We need to find our own Darrisaw.

If the online-mock experts are close to accurate, Duke might have 2 or 3 OL to pick from come pick 18. Get it right, Duke!
Reply/Quote
Team Chain of Command? Hmm, let's see here...

Mike Brown
Katie Blackburn
(insert all other important FO personnel here)
Duke Tobin
Zac Taylor
Coordinators
Wendy's order fetcher
Position Coaches
Positional assistants

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Does anyone remember the time a few years ago when a Reds relief pitcher who had blown the lead in lots of games in April but was still being used for inexplicable reasons was released after a change.org petition? Why don't we create a petition to fire Pollack and hire more offensive line scouts?
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2024, 05:08 PM)dxdtdemon Wrote: Does anyone remember the time a few years ago when a Reds relief pitcher who had blown the lead in lots of games in April but was still being used for inexplicable reasons was released after a change.org petition? Why don't we create a petition to fire Pollack and hire more offensive line scouts?

Yeah, that didn't happen.

Gregg was released due to performance, not because of an online petition
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2024, 05:18 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Yeah, that didn't happen.

Gregg was released due to performance, not because of an online petition

I sure wish that worked, though. Then I wouldn't have had to watch Luke Weaver make 21 starts for the Reds last season, getting knocked out in the 4th inning and murdering the bullpen start-after-start.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2024, 05:08 PM)dxdtdemon Wrote: Does anyone remember the time a few years ago when a Reds relief pitcher who had blown the lead in lots of games in April but was still being used for inexplicable reasons was released after a change.org petition? Why don't we create a petition to fire Pollack and hire more offensive line scouts?

We could roll it back to the '90s and have someone live on a billboard until the Bengals get rid of Pollack.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2024, 07:13 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: We could roll it back to the '90s and have someone live on a billboard until the Bengals get rid of Pollack.

I'll do it (YFT). Maybe there's another way, like looking at his failures. This is the only team that gives him respect. He must owe MB money and MB isn't getting rid of him until he pays his debt.

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2024, 05:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I sure wish that worked, though. Then I wouldn't have had to watch Luke Weaver make 21 starts for the Reds last season, getting knocked out in the 4th inning and murdering the bullpen start-after-start.

Hey, Dream Weaver had a great win streak going with 9.89 ERA.....

Reply/Quote