Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Team Makes Statement
(09-01-2020, 03:24 PM)PDub80 Wrote: That part was not meant to be serious. lol!

Good lol

(09-01-2020, 03:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I've heard people be serious about that.

Crazy.

(09-01-2020, 04:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How the hell did this devolve into a discussion about abortion?

I know why folks are remiss to take their PnR discussions to that forum, but when we are now discussion abortion rights we've got to do something. Perhaps a "Squad Free" zone in PnR.

As to the OP: A former Bengal is doing something a little different:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/jaguars-player-will-honor-david-dorn-on-his-helmet-report

Awesome, Eifert is a great man. Wish he could of stayed healthy here and tore up the league.
(09-01-2020, 05:19 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: So does the woman.

So it's both of their choices.

Exactly.  And the man knows he has no right to force the woman to have the child.

Once technology advances to the point that the father can take a fertilized embryo and raise it outside of the mother body he will be able to take the child and force her to ay support.  But until that happens the law right now is as fair as it can be.  The man does not get control over the womans body just because she gets pregnant.  
(09-02-2020, 01:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Exactly.  And the man knows he has no right to force the woman to have the child.

Once technology advances to the point that the father can take a fertilized embryo and raise it outside of the mother body he will be able to take the child and force her to ay support.  But until that happens the law right now is as fair as it can be.  The man does not get control over the womans body just because she gets pregnant.  

I really don't wish to enter into this argument, because minds won't be changed, but I've always wondered how it is a man and woman create a child through pregnancy, and only the woman gets the right to determine if it is killed or not. They both were responsible, so how is it fair that the father has no say if his child is aborted? How would you feel, if say, the woman decided to kill your child at 8 months?
(09-02-2020, 02:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I really don't wish to enter into this argument, because minds won't be changed, but I've always wondered how it is a man and woman create a child through pregnancy, and only the woman gets the right to determine if it is killed or not. They both were responsible, so how is it fair that the father has no say if his child is aborted? How would you feel, if say, the woman decided to kill your child at 8 months?

It is because the embryo can not survive outside the woman's body.  It is her body so she has the rights to control her own body. You can't give a man control over a woman's body.  Pretty simple to understand.

Like I said.  Once technology advances to the point that the embryo can survive outside the woman's body the father will be able to take it and raise ti if he wants to.  But right now he can't.  So it is the woman's decision because it is her body.
(09-02-2020, 02:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I really don't wish to enter into this argument, because minds won't be changed, but I've always wondered how it is a man and woman create a child through pregnancy, and only the woman gets the right to determine if it is killed or not. They both were responsible, so how is it fair that the father has no say if his child is aborted? How would you feel, if say, the woman decided to kill your child at 8 months?

I am pretty sure that is illegal, well it is at least over here and would hope it would be over there as well.
(08-30-2020, 12:23 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This is obviously a political thread and statement. It needs to be moved to P&R forum.

Some of us want zero politics and just want to enjoy the team, politics makes that impossible.

I second this motion.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
(09-02-2020, 05:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is because the embryo can not survive outside the woman's body.  It is her body so she has the rights to control her own body. You can't give a man control over a woman's body.  Pretty simple to understand.

Like I said.  Once technology advances to the point that the embryo can survive outside the woman's body the father will be able to take it and raise ti if he wants to.  But right now he can't.  So it is the woman's decision because it is her body.

The baby be damned.  Kill it!  
(09-02-2020, 01:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Exactly.  And the man knows he has no right to force the woman to have the child.

The woman has control over the man's body so long as she has a strapon and a bad attitude.  That's the law of the jungle.   Ninja
(09-03-2020, 06:53 AM)AussieBengal Wrote: I am pretty sure that is illegal, well it is at least over here and would hope it would be over there as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xD8cPgcZ3E
(09-02-2020, 05:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is because the embryo can not survive outside the woman's body.  It is her body so she has the rights to control her own body. You can't give a man control over a woman's body.  Pretty simple to understand.

I guess calling it an embryo makes it easier for some people to swallow. Whatever works for you.
(09-03-2020, 07:46 AM)EatonFan Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xD8cPgcZ3E

Wow
Probably time to lock this thread...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

(09-02-2020, 02:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I really don't wish to enter into this argument, because minds won't be changed,

I'm not saying your post is going to change my mind, but I've actually changed my political viewpoints in my lifetime. The notion that no one ever changes his/her mind isn't 100% true, but I suppose you're making the safe bet.

With that being said, I can't believe this thread hasn't been aborted yet.
(09-03-2020, 09:12 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not saying your post is going to change my mind, but I've actually changed my political viewpoints in my lifetime.  The notion that no one ever changes his/her mind isn't 100% true, but I suppose you're making the safe bet.

With that being said, I can't believe this thread hasn't been aborted yet.

Some political viewpoints can be changed, that's true. I just think the abortion topic has people so ingrained in their beliefs nothing said on a message board is ever going to change it. 
As the original poster, I agree it is time to shut it down. The orignal post was about the Cincinnati Bengals public response to a national problem. One that is and will continue to permeate the NFL storyline this season. It has devolved into a political discussion on a subject that is far removed from the original topic. A topic that does not belong in Jungle Noise.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

(09-03-2020, 09:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Some political viewpoints can be changed, that's true. I just think the abortion topic has people so ingrained in their beliefs nothing said on a message board is ever going to change it. 

Well Americans have been arguing about it for almost 60 years, so I guess everyone has had time to go over it.
(09-03-2020, 09:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Some political viewpoints can be changed, that's true. I just think the abortion topic has people so ingrained in their beliefs nothing said on a message board is ever going to change it. 

I agree that abortion is the one issue where people can not compromise.

It is pretty easy to resolve under basic principles of individual rights.  An embryo that can not survive on its own outside the mothers body is not an individual entitled to individual rights greater than those of the mother.  But mainly because of religious beliefs people can't get there.

Same thing with the death penalty.  It is very clear that our criminal justice system is way to flawed to be trusted with the decision to take a persons life.  But when people debate the issue they talk about morality and revenge.
(09-03-2020, 08:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I guess calling it an embryo makes it easier for some people to swallow. Whatever works for you.

I call it an embryo because that is what it is.  You can call an egg a "chicken" all day long, but that does not make it a chicken.

The current law on abortion draws a line the end of the second trimester.  That is approximately when the fetus becomes viable and can survive outside the womb.  As technology changes then the law will change, but right now the law is as fair as it can be.