Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team needs/Wants/ Biggest Questions 2023 offseason
(12-01-2022, 09:16 PM)Synric Wrote: Talking corners I really like that kid from Illinois Devon Witherspoon.

I see Emmanuel Forbes from Miss St. projected to us a lot in mocks in the 2nd round. He is 6', zone skilled with ball skills (hold the record for pick 6s in FBS) and seems to tackle well. While I want to keep CTB a CB, may not be terrible to get this kid and rotate CTB to SS as a Bell replacement.

Edit: correcting size, I see in Google hes only 6' not 6'2"
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Pac-12 Championship tonight USC vs Utah. Jordan Addison vs Clark Phillips will be the matchup of the game. If Dalton Kincaid plays he will be another prospect to watch for the Bengals.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2022, 02:00 PM)Synric Wrote: Pac-12 Championship tonight USC vs Utah. Jordan Addison vs Clark Phillips will be the matchup of the game. If Dalton Kincaid plays he will be another prospect to watch for the Bengals.

Tuli Tuipulotu from USC is also someone to keep an eye on.
If the team isn't satisfied with the interior pass rush, he could be a target.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2022, 02:00 PM)Synric Wrote: Pac-12 Championship tonight USC vs Utah. Jordan Addison vs Clark Phillips will be the matchup of the game. If Dalton Kincaid plays he will be another prospect to watch for the Bengals.

Thanks, didn't know that game was on tonight. Will watch it and watch for Clark Phillips as I haven't watched Utah yet 
this season. Have watched Addison a few times, damn good player.
Reply/Quote
Dalton Kincaid with some nice catches on that end of half drive but a big drop in the endzone. You can see he's playing through some pain. Tough.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
My post was redundant to an earlier one, so have changed to: 

2023 Roster By Position Group: 

A. Offense 

FA Starters = Hurst
Key Reserve FA's = Perine
Position Groups with multiple FA's: RB, WR, TE

1. QB's (2) 
Signed: Burrow
FA's: Allen

2. RB's (4)
Signed: Mixon; Evans
FA's: Perine, T. Williams 

3. WR's (6) 
Signed: Chase, Higgins, Boyd; Morgan Jr 
FA's: Irwin, Taylor

4. TE's (4) 
Signed: Asiasi 
FA's: Hurst; D. Sample, Wilcox 

5. OT's (4) 
Signed: J. Williams, Collins; Adeniji, Smith 
FA's: None 

6. G's (4) 
Signed: Volson, Cappa; Carman 
FA's: Scharping 

7. C's (3) 
Signed: Karras; T. Hill, Brown 
-----------------------------------------

B. Defense 

FA Starters: Pratt, Apple, Bell, Bates 
Key Reserve FA's: 
Position Groups with Multiple FA's: LB, CB, S 

1. DE's/EDGE's (5)
Signed: Hendrickson, Hubbard; Ossai, C. Sample, Gunter 

2. NT's/DT's (5)
Signed: Reader, BJ Hill; Tupou, Carter, Tufele 

3. LB's (6)
Signed: L. Wilson; Davis-Gaither, Bailey 
FA's: Pratt; Johnston, Bachie 

4. CB's (6) 
Signed: Awuzie, Hilton; Taylor-Britt 
FA's: Apple; Flowers, Davis

5. S (6) 
Signed: Anderson, D. Hill 
FA's: Bell, Bates; Thomas, B. Wilson 
----------- 

C. Special Teams 

Signed: McPherson (PK) 
FA's: Chrisman (P), Adomitis (LS), Harris (LS), Huber (P). 
Reply/Quote
Free agency starts March 13/15th.

Draft is April 27-29th.

We'll have a lot cleaner idea of what our needs are heading into the draft.

A lot of our FA's should be near min/min types.

I'd put Allen, T. Williams, Irwin, Taylor, D. Sample, Wilcox, Johnston, Bachie, Flowers, Davis, & M. Thomas in that bucket. That's 11 guys whom it should be pretty easy (cap wise) to bring back if there is mutual interest. On the flip side, I could see them easily getting bumped by a drafted player in April. And I doubt any guys will be first day (week/month) off the board in FA, but one never knows.

I think Brandon Wilson (maybe) & Sharping (surely) are a bit higher up the food chain. KO return guys aren't worth as much anymore, but quality OL depth surely is gold.

Perine is, at worst, a high quality backup who is effective on 3rd down, short yardage, and can handle high volume (due to the build). If he wants a significant raise, he may get it somewhere. Cap # is not at $1.85 mil.

Pratt is not always a 3 down guy, but has really blossomed into a quality starter this year and has a knack for big plays. He is due a raise. Currently at $2.803 mil.

Apple gets a lot of flack, but we seem to be doing OK with him as CB1. That is not a misprint. You can never have too many corners. Current cap # is $3.75 mil.

Hurst is a good fit. He is a bit older but does not have a ton of wear on the tires either. Hopefully looking for a home after bouncing around. $3.476 mil. Unless Mayer falls to us, he should be TE1 again. Upgrading TE2 shouod be on the table.

Bell already makes $7.488 mil on the cap sheet. He's 27. Hopefully something south of $10 mil gets it done. $9 mil would only be a bump of $1.5 from where we already are. Something around where he is would be fantastic.

I guess we could tag Bates again, but with Hill in the fold already....

If we bring those 5 back, that would put us at 42 guys (with 3 Cs). If Bell's hit is $9 mil, and the rest $5 mil, we should have around $14 mil in cap space for 9 more cap included spots. We'd have the draft and the 11-13 guys above to fill them out. Doable. Or we could let a couple walk for more space (or a FA buy).

We do not have to worry about the high end of the draft class where we are picking, but I think solid CB, RB, LB, and TE prospects in Rds 1-4 should be out there.
Reply/Quote