Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
TeamPitts
Enough with the Sewell vs Chase threads.
Where my fellow #TeamPitts crew at?!

Pitts is projected by multiple known draft experts as the top prospect after Trevor Lawrence.
Daniel Jeremiah on NFL.com has him as #2 overall.
TheDraftNetwork has Pitts #2 overall as well.
PFF has Pitts rated 5th, ahead of Chase.
ProFootballNetwork has him at 4th overall.

The comparison is a safer Darren Waller, who has put up an average of 1170 yards and 6 TDs each season since given a full-time starting role with the Raiders.

NFL Analyst Matt Bowen compared Pitts to Plaxico Burress, which is a fair comparison due to size, but Pitts is actually faster and heavier than Plax.

He has the versatility to play inline TE, in the slot, and even outside WR, as he did with Florida.

Let's get the hype back up for this guy!!

Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
#TeamCan'tLose
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
I think most people think he's going number 4.
Reply/Quote
Hmm...

Reply/Quote
With ATL suddenly willing to unload Julio, Chase may be on their radar. Dolphins signaling they believe Pitts will go to ATL and Chase to Cinci.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Count me in. He is rarest talent of the position groups.
Its Kyle Pitts and everybody else. Friermuth Jordan Long
Arent even in.his zipcode talent wise
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 03:07 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Count me in. He is rarest talent of the position groups.
I absolutely agree. When will there be another Pitts? 

1. Pitts
2. Sewell
3. Chase
Reply/Quote
I was a Pitts guy but recently conceded he probably wouldn't be there at 5, and even if he was I think it is down to a two-horse race in the Bengals clubhouse. I'd love the pick I just don't think it is actually a real possability.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 03:07 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Count me in. He is rarest talent of the position groups.

I feel bad to come in here and rain on the parade but I am new and do not know how to start a thread and I did a little bit of digging and found some interesting stuff. I am not sold on a couple of prospects at the top of the draft. And while I don't think that Pitts will be a bust I think he is wrongly projected and is not the untouchable talent so many think he is. For me he comps as Chase Claypool, who some people said should put on weight and play TE. Interesting enough looking at their RAS and combine info they are incredibly similar

Their RAS below are very similar and Claypool had his 40 timed at the combine. Not that Claypool is bad but he is not Justin Jefferson. Claypool's statline this season was 62rec, 109tgts, 873 yards, 14.1 avg, and 9TD with 3 Fumbles. In college it his senior year he had 66rec, 1037 yards, 15.7 avg, and 13 TDs in 13 games.  Pitts had 43 rec, 770yards, 17.9 avg, and 12 TD. While his production and competition level is a bit higher, he no doubt played in a better system that catered to him. I think that Pitts is going to be similar to Claypool and a bit better but he is not generational. He is a wide receiver if he does not learn to block and get stronger. Alex Rollins has a good video to check out about him. I think he could also maybe comp to a DK Metcalf as well but I did not look up the numbers.

[Image: Chase-Claypool-RAS-18243.png][Image: unknown.jpg]s
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 02:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Enough with the Sewell vs Chase threads.

Pitts is projected by multiple known draft experts as the top prospect after Trevor Lawrence.

The comparison is a safer Darren Waller, who has put up an average of 1170 yards and 6 TDs each season since given a full-time starting role with the Raiders.

NFL Analyst Matt Bowen compared Pitts to Plaxico Burress, which is a fair comparison due to size, but Pitts is actually faster and heavier than Plax.

He has the versatility to play inline TE, in the slot, and even outside WR, as he did with Florida.

Who Dey  Who Dey  Who Dey

I feel an Eiffert in the making... lol
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 03:30 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I feel an Eiffert in the making... lol

He's a better prospect than Eifert. Eifert as "typical TE" fast. Pitts is WR-fast.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 03:17 PM)Au165 Wrote: I was a Pitts guy but recently conceded he probably wouldn't be there at 5, and even if he was I think it is down to a two-horse race in the Bengals clubhouse. I'd love the pick I just don't think it is actually a real possability.

I agree, but I'm tired of Chase vs Sewell. Let's talk about the ACTUAL best non-QB prospect!  Tiger
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Pitts is a beastly pass catcher, and although I'm firmly on team OL, Pitts would make more sense to me than Chase because we already have 2 very good WR's yet our best pass catching TE is coming off major injury. What worries me is how well he would fit in ZT's scheme and if he would be used properly here. Otherwise, dude is a beast.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 04:09 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Pitts is a beastly pass catcher, and although I'm firmly on team OL, Pitts would make more sense to me than Chase because we already have 2 very good WR's yet our best pass catching TE is coming off major injury. What worries me is how well he would fit in ZT's scheme and if he would be used properly here. Otherwise, dude is a beast.

I would Taylor would understand he can be used in pretty much any WR or TE spot.
Pitts is almost as fast as Chase but he's 5" and nearly 40 lbs heavier.
I would have as much or more confidence with Pitts coming down with a pass than I would Chase, even though Chase is very good in 1-on-1 situations.

The Bengals really could play Pitts full-time at X receiver if they wanted.

Let's compare Pitts with former 7th overall pick Mike Evans.

Pitts:
Hands - 10.625"
Arms - 33.5"
Height - 6'5.5"
Weight - 245 lb
Bench - 22
Vert - 33.5"
Broad - 10'
40 - 4.44
20 split - 2.59
10 split - 1.55 (faster than Chase)
shuttle - 4.35
3-cone - 7.12

Evans:
Hands - 9.625"
Arms - 35.125"
Height - 6'4.75"
Weight - 231 lb
Bench - 12
Vert - 37"
Broad - DNP
40 - 4.53
20 split - 2.66
10 split - 1.6
shuttle - 4.26
3-cone - 7.08

Mike Evans has averaged 1180 yards and 8 TDs per season, hitting the 1000 yard mark every single year.

Pitts, I believe, can be as good as or better than Mike Evans, who is an elite WR.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 02:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Enough with the Sewell vs Chase threads.

Who Dey  Who Dey  Who Dey

I just don't understand it.  His blocking is something that is said could "be developed", as in it clearly isn't developed now.  If you are going to play him outside or as a big slot, then just say he is a WR and be done with it, but I simply don't see the deep ball explosiveness and agility that I see with the top 3 WRs (in an admittedly stacked WR class).  I would put him as the 4th best receiving prospect.  

I sure hope Atlanta takes him, but as I have mentioned a number of times, I don't think he is a good fit for a team that lives in 11 personnel more than any other team in the league.  

That doesn't mean I don't respect the guy or think "he sucks" or anything stupid like that.  I just have him behind both Chase and Sewell.  
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 04:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I would Taylor would understand he can be used in pretty much any WR or TE spot.
I would have as much or more confidence with Pitts coming down with a pass than I would Chase, even though Chase is very good in 1-on-1 situations.

Pitts:
Hands - 10.625"
Arms - 33.5"
Height - 6'5.5"
Weight - 245 lb
Bench - 22
Vert - 33.5"
Broad - 10'
40 - 4.44
20 split - 2.59
shuttle - 4.35
3-cone - 7.12

Evans:
Hands - 9.625"
Arms - 35.125"
Height - 6'4.5"
Weight - 231 lb
Bench - 12
Vert - 37"
Broad - DNP
40 - 4.53
20 split - 2.66
10 split - 1.6
shuttle - 4.26
3-cone - 7.08

Mike Evans has averaged 1180 yards and 8 TDs per season, hitting the 1000 yard mark every single year.

Pitts, I believe, can be as good as or better than Mike Evans, who is an elite WR.

I agree with that. He is a beast plain and simple for sure and I believe he would make a bigger impact than Chase just because of what you pointed out. You just dont see a guy like him often at all. 
Reply/Quote
6'5.5 245lbs big long fast with a huge catch radius and AJ Green-esque Body Control. You don't see players of his caliber often.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 04:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I would Taylor would understand he can be used in pretty much any WR or TE spot.

Pitts:
Hands - 10.625"
Arms - 33.5"
Height - 6'5.5"
Weight - 245 lb
Bench - 22
Vert - 33.5"
Broad - 10'
40 - 4.44
20 split - 2.59
shuttle - 4.35
3-cone - 7.12

Evans:
Hands - 9.625"
Arms - 35.125"
Height - 6'4.75"
Weight - 231 lb
Bench - 12
Vert - 37"
Broad - DNP
40 - 4.53
20 split - 2.66
10 split - 1.6
shuttle - 4.26
3-cone - 7.08

That is a better comparison than those that try to make him out to be the next Calvin Johnson, but you glossed over an important stat:  the short shuttle.  If you are going to talk about his 10 yard split being barely faster than Chase, you have to acknowledge that he is a full .36 seconds slower than Chase, who is the fastest in that measure in the entire draft.  

Short area quickness and explosiveness (vertical, plus the speed) are two things that Chase also has well over Pitts.  

Again, to be clear, I think Pitts is a great prospect, but I like Chase better for this team.  
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 04:38 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I just don't understand it.  His blocking is something that is said could "be developed", as in it clearly isn't developed now.  If you are going to play him outside or as a big slot, then just say he is a WR and be done with it, but I simply don't see the deep ball explosiveness and agility that I see with the top 3 WRs (in an admittedly stacked WR class).  I would put him as the 4th best receiving prospect.  

I sure hope Atlanta takes him, but as I have mentioned a number of times, I don't think he is a good fit for a team that lives in 11 personnel more than any other team in the league.  

That doesn't mean I don't respect the guy or think "he sucks" or anything stupid like that.  I just have him behind both Chase and Sewell.  

That is in regards to him being an elite blocking TE. He's still a solid blocker. He just isn't considered a dominant blocker from the TE position.

What you get from Pitts that you don't get from the "big 3" WRs is someone with a gigantic catch radius and who would be the best high pointing the ball. Think of Mike Evans in terms of how he plays the game. He's faster than Evans though. He's not quite as fast as Chase or Waddle (or possibly Smith), but he's way bigger. So what you don't quite get in the speed, you get in size and catch radius. Burrow should have no problem getting the ball to him.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 04:40 PM)Synric Wrote: 6'5.5 245lbs big long fast with a huge catch radius and AJ Green-esque Body Control. You don't see players of his caliber often.

As much as I've been on the draft Sewell side of things, Pitts would be an absolute can't miss type of pick as long as Taylor actually uses him correctly. Might have to just move him out and call him a WR.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote