Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Teams are game planning around Burrows injury
At this point, it's more than Joe not having the ability - it's that this team is at an actual disadvantage when he's out there.

Teams are game planning to take advantage of his deficiencies. They are blitzing more than ever, stacking the box, playing press man coverage, jumping at the line to bat the quick passes and get in passing lanes, and wrecking the interior or the OL. They know he can't move and that we are trying to get the ball out quickly.

Running him out there at this point isn't just about him not being able to make plays. It's putting THE TEAM at a disadvantage. It's asinine and irresponsible by ZT at this point. I get that Joe wants to play, BUT DO YOUR JOB ZT AND REEL YOUR PLAYER IN!
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Red Rover
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 07:56 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: At this point, it's more than Joe not having the ability - it's that this team is at an actual disadvantage when he's out there.

This. So much this.

I feel bad because I excoriated a couple of posters for suggesting Joe sit until he's healthy or 100%. Turns out, I was wrong and they were right. Joe is more of a liability out there right now than any good things he can still bring. Our playbook is severely hampered and teams are taking advantage of Joe's immobility.

Granted, it's hindsight, but at this point, Joe needs to sit until he's able to utilize the entire playbook. 3 offensive TDs in 4 games, 2 games of only 3 points. If I'm Zac, I'm opening up the playbook and if Joe can't do everything, then he's sitting until he can.

At the very least, SOMETHING needs to change.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Sometimes you have to push back against the desire of players. Joe obviously isn't the type of guy to sit if he can walk....
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 10:04 AM)IcoHolic Wrote: Sometimes you have to push back against the desire of players. Joe obviously isn't the type of guy to sit if he can walk....

And that's when Zac tells him, we're opening up the playbook, calling ALL the plays. If you don't think you can handle it, the bench is right over there.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Hard to disagree. It also hurts that we don't have a tight end who can the pressure off. We have all our eggs in the basket of our game outside, but we don't have enough time or mobility to get that off.

I know we can always try to dInk and dunk our way downfield ala Brady's Pats. But I mean, that's not us and it's not easy to play someone else's style. Bare minimum it'll take time for everyone (not just Joe) to learn how to do it effectively. For that matter, it's not the coaches' expertise either. And the season's already underway. It's hard to change the oil going full-speed down the interstate.

Really tough situation.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 07:56 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: At this point, it's more than Joe not having the ability - it's that this team is at an actual disadvantage when he's out there.

Teams are game planning to take advantage of his deficiencies. They are blitzing more than ever, stacking the box, playing press man coverage, jumping at the line to bat the quick passes and get in passing lanes, and wrecking the interior or the OL. They know he can't move and that we are trying to get the ball out quickly.

Running him out there at this point isn't just about him not being able to make plays. It's putting THE TEAM at a disadvantage. It's asinine and irresponsible by ZT at this point. I get that Joe wants to play, BUT DO YOUR JOB ZT AND REEL YOUR PLAYER IN!

Joe continues to state he is fine, we have been told to take Joe at his word... he continues to say him/team are not executing.. so what are we to believe ?  Burrow in his history has tended to stay in the pocket and not go under center...  so maybe it is not as much injury now and just not executing the plays
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yep. All they have to do is game plan to get bodies to a single 3’x3’ exact spot on the field and the play, and typically the drive is dead.
Reply/Quote
I heard, of Joe's 30 throws yesterday, all 30 came from the pocket. Not one scramble and throw.
Reply/Quote
Yep, it's time to bench him. I was against it at first, but I've seen enough.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 11:56 AM)tms Wrote: Hard to disagree. It also hurts that we don't have a tight end who can the pressure off. We have all our eggs in the basket of our game outside, but we don't have enough time or mobility to get that off.

I know we can always try to dInk and dunk our way downfield ala Brady's Pats. But I mean, that's not us and it's not easy to play someone else's style. Bare minimum it'll take time for everyone (not just Joe) to learn how to do it effectively. For that matter, it's not the coaches' expertise either. And the season's already underway. It's hard to change the oil going full-speed down the interstate.

Really tough situation.

Brady had 6-7 seconds to throw for years.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 07:57 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Red Rover

or after watching this team "RedRum"
Reply/Quote
He kinda reminds me of how Peyton Manning looked in his last season he played.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 11:13 PM)hoosierbengal Wrote: He kinda reminds me of how Peyton Manning looked in his last season he played.

[Image: football-nfl.gif]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 12:58 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: Brady had 6-7 seconds to throw for years.

That's a lot of hyperbole. Brady time to throw...

2022: 2.45, Fastest in NFL
2021: 2.50, 2nd Fastest in NFL
2020: 2.57, 9th Fastest in NFL
2019: 2.75, 13th Fastest in NFL
2018: 2.62, 7th Fastest in NFL

That's as far back as the NFL NGS goes, but he won his last two SBs with the 9th and 7th fastest time to throws in the NFL.

Nobody in the NFL this year has a Time to Throw of 3.20 or higher this year, and nobody reached 3.30 in 2022.

- - - -
https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing/2023/REG/all#average-time-to-throw

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The Seahawks had 11 sacks tonight. If Zac starts an immobile Joe Burrow against them in 2 weeks it’s malpractice.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 12:23 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I heard, of Joe's 30 throws yesterday, all 30 came from the pocket.  Not one scramble and throw.

This is true for the whole season basically and you know he is very good at throwing on the run in scrambles extending plays. He does not do that or pick up yards with his legs like in years past because his mobility is not good at all he is injured.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 12:23 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I heard, of Joe's 30 throws yesterday, all 30 came from the pocket.  Not one scramble and throw.

That's getting close to Carson Palmer type of activity.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 12:58 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: Brady had 6-7 seconds to throw for years.

If you randomly watch any other NFL game you will be surprised at how much time other QBs get, almost seems unfair lol. You will see back to back plays where the QB sits there for 3+ seconds untouched and not moving when Burrow gets that pocket once per game.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 07:51 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: If you randomly watch any other NFL game you will be surprised at how much time other QBs get, almost seems unfair lol. You will see back to back plays where the QB sits there for 3+ seconds untouched and not moving when Burrow gets that pocket once per game.

Acting like that is the norm is crazy. Does it happen, sure. But when I had MNF I saw Geno, lock and Jones all moving around in and outside the pocket. Same for SNF as well.
Reply/Quote