Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teams trying to jump ahead of us in round 1?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/27/vikings-g-m-teams-are-calling-about-moving-up-to-23/

PFT reporting that the Vikings are fielding calls for trades up to the #23 slot. I'm curious if this is a team trying to get ahead of us in fear of losing out on a potential WR prospect (and taking the Vikings out of the running for one in round 1) or just the normal pre-draft conversations where teams are getting a feel on the price for moving up.
Reply/Quote
Probably more likely to either jump Pitt for a CB or to grab a late QB
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 11:09 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Probably more likely to either jump Pitt for a CB or to grab a late QB

^^

I'd think it's for a QB like Paxton Lynch...
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 11:10 AM)milksheikh Wrote: ^^

It's funny, I think Lynch might quietly be the most desired QB in this draft. Sure, Goff and Wentz will get drafted early to those crummy teams and probably have difficulties. The media loves to talk about those two. Yet I see rumors of Lynch going anywhere.
Reply/Quote
After the first CB goes off the board there is not another one worthy of trading up to get.

I also don't see any team trading up to #23 until the draft is actually taking place and they see who is available there. It is not like the first couple of picks where everyone knows who will be taken. I think it would be crazy to trade up to #23 without even knowing who is going to be left on the board.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 11:16 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: It's funny, I think Lynch might quietly be the most desired QB in this draft. Sure, Goff and Wentz will get drafted early to those crummy teams and probably have difficulties. The media loves to talk about those two. Yet I see rumors of Lynch going anywhere.

I think Chris Hogan from Stanford will be one of the best out of this draft and I bet Denver picks him.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 11:16 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: It's funny, I think Lynch might quietly be the most desired QB in this draft. Sure, Goff and Wentz will get drafted early to those crummy teams and probably have difficulties. The media loves to talk about those two. Yet I see rumors of Lynch going anywhere.

Agreed. I've said before, if he can put on some weight, in 3-4 years I think he will be the best QB out of this class. And there are a few teams late in the first (Jets, 'Skins, Broncos, Chiefs) where he could wind up. Two of them pick after the Vikings, but I think if that was their intent, they'd be looking to move a little higher as the Jets and and Skins go 20-21. So I've got to think whoever is looking at Minnesota is trying to get in front of teams needing a WR or a CB, or maybe a DL.

(04-27-2016, 11:23 AM)fredtoast Wrote: After the first CB goes off the board there is not another one worthy of trading up to get.

I also don't see any team trading up to #23 until the draft is actually taking place and they see who is available there.  It is not like the first couple of picks where everyone knows who will be taken.  I think it would be crazy to trade up to #23 without even knowing who is going to be left on the board.
There's not much I would trade up for this draft, outside of the top 10. There's pretty good talent as a lot of positions tat should go all the way through the second.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 11:23 AM)fredtoast Wrote: After the first CB goes off the board there is not another one worthy of trading up to get.

I also don't see any team trading up to #23 until the draft is actually taking place and they see who is available there.  It is not like the first couple of picks where everyone knows who will be taken.  I think it would be crazy to trade up to #23 without even knowing who is going to be left on the board.

If I read the article correctly it seemed to imply that there wouldn't be any action until the Vikings were on the clock.  Seems like teams are just putting out feelers.  I was just more curious of as to why teams are looking to jump into the Vikings' slot.  My gut tells me that a team is looking to jump in if one of the top receivers fall. It's not out of the question that somebody would want to jump both the Bengals and Steelers for a defensive back, however.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 11:10 AM)milksheikh Wrote: ^^

That was my thought when I read the story, but who knows? We are in the sweet spot for WRs and it's pretty obvious we need one. I could very easily see a WR needy team leap frogging us. There are only 3-4 really good WRs this year from everything I've read. Hopefully one falls to us.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
If there is action for 23. Hopefully that means there will be action for 24. I like the idea of trading back more than usual this year.
Reply/Quote
I'm sure there's a lot of trade talks right now. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
just saw a rumor we were trying to move up in front of the vikings for doctson...

anything can happen... hurry up draft
Reply/Quote

I also don't see any team trading up to #23 until the draft is actually taking place and they see who is available there. It is not like the first couple of picks where everyone knows who will be taken. I think it would be crazy to trade up to #23 without even knowing who is going to be left on the board.

I agree. Teams are just testing the waters to get an idea if a trade partner is available should the right scenario arise.
Reply/Quote
The reason teams are talking to the vikings about the 23rd pick is because most know Mike Brown is very unlikely to trade his pick and stay put for whatever the board throws his way.
Reply/Quote

I disagree. I think Hargreaves and Jackson lll are both good CBs in this years draft. Some may even argue Apple and Fuller too.
Reply/Quote

Exactly......If we are wanting a WR lets say Treadwell/Doctson/Coleman I can see us waiting till someone like Washington is on the clock to make sure we get our guy. But in reality this is very unlikely for us to. IMO. I would love to have Treadwell or Doctson but I just dont see them being there at 24. But I will ask this, Like Mayocks Mock the top C gone, the top 3 WR's gone, If we are hell bent on an offensive play maker who else would be in favor of the TE Hunter Henry??? I would. I would rather take him over Fuller. If not DE,DT,CB.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 12:28 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Exactly......If we are wanting a WR lets say Treadwell/Doctson/Coleman I can see us waiting till someone like Washington is on the clock to make sure we get our guy. But in reality this is very unlikely for us to. IMO. I would love to have Treadwell or Doctson but I just dont see them being there at 24. But I will ask this, Like Mayocks Mock the top C gone, the top 3 WR's gone, If we are hell bent on an offensive play maker who else would be in favor of the TE Hunter Henry??? I would. I would rather take him over Fuller. If not DE,DT,CB.

I don't want Henry in the first at all (with Eifert I just don't see another TE being that important, and I like Kroft alot as a #2 TE), but I would still like him over Fuller though. I personally wouldn't want Fuller until the third, I think Treadwell, Doctson, Coleman, Shepard, Boyd, Micheal Thomas (OSU), and probably a few more will end up better than him.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 11:03 AM)NKYRob Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/27/vikings-g-m-teams-are-calling-about-moving-up-to-23/

PFT reporting that the Vikings are fielding calls for trades up to the #23 slot.  I'm curious if this is a team trying to get ahead of us in fear of losing out on a potential WR prospect (and taking the Vikings out of the running for one in round 1) or just the normal pre-draft conversations where teams are getting a feel on the price for moving up.

If we can't get Doctson in Round 1, I definitely would like to trade down and get another pick.  
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 01:16 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: If there is action for 23. Hopefully that means there will be action for 24. I like the idea of trading back more than usual this year.

there will be plenty of action for #24 since everyone thinks the Steelers are going CB.  If a team wants a guy, they will try to jump in front of Shitsburgh.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 03:54 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: there will be plenty of action for #24 since everyone thinks the Steelers are going CB.  If a team wants a guy, they will try to jump in front of Shitsburgh.

I can see someone trying to jump Pittsburgh if William Jackson is available at #24.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote