Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tecmo Mock 2.0 Draft: Offense it is!
My 1.0 mock draft conceptually took shape as Duke, Zac, and the organizational leaders drafting defensive players who play for big time programs in big time games along with adding offensive depth: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Tecmo-Not-so-Super-Mock-Draft-1-0.

Mock 2.0 was a fluid approach to take the best player available. Resulting, the offense added more talent.

Round 1, pick 31: Tyler Linderbaum, C from Iowa
The Bengals don't pass on an opportunity land a starting Center and move Karras to G. Last year's second rounder, Carman, affords the OL some needed depth.

[Image: tyler-linderbaum-iowa.jpg]

Round 2, pick 63: Trey McBride, TE from Colorado St.
Hurst is on a one year deal, picking McBride gives the Bengals a TE for years to come on a rookie contract.

[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fthelandryhat.com%2Fwp-cont...27432.jpeg]

Round 3, pick 95: Calvin Austin III, WR from Memphis
This pick is about adding a special teams starter in the return game.

[Image: 68117_960]

Round 4, pick 136: Dominque Robinson, Edge from Miami (OH)
The first defensive pick of the draft. The Bengals are happy to add him as a depth piece; it's not often the Bengals draft a guy from the local university.

[Image: ce8a9690.jpg]

Round 5, pick 174: Damarri Mathis, CB from Pittsburgh.
The Bengals add depth to the CB position.

[Image: FB_Ohio_090719_MSH_3765.jpg]

Round 6, pick 209: Justin Shafer, G from Georgia
The OL gets more depth.

[Image: shaffer.jpg]

Round 7, pick 226: Tyrion Davis-Price, RB from LSU
This is a surprising pick, but the Bengals look to add some depth to the RB position and go with an LSU guy.

[Image: b061d4b0-4bb0-4bba-a828-a6d4afa2c2eb-AP1...&width=640]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If the goal is make the offense so good that the defense doesn't have to see the field as much, I think this helps get there lol.
Otherwise, I'm not a fan of waiting until Day 3 to take DB and DL.
Other than possibly pushing out Carman for starting reps, I think there's more opportunity to impact defense as a rookie than offense. CB and rotational IDL specifically.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 09:53 AM)ochocincos Wrote: If the goal is make the offense so good that the defense doesn't have to see the field as much, I think this helps get there lol.
Otherwise, I'm not a fan of waiting until Day 3 to take DB and DL.
Other than possibly pushing out Carman for starting reps, I think there's more opportunity to impact defense as a rookie than offense. CB and rotational IDL specifically.

I agree about my mock waiting too long to help with the defense, but I decided to go with a best player available mentality with the exception of Austin for pick 3. My make-believe Darrin Simmons won the draft room with that pick.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be upset with that draft.

Joe
Reply/Quote