Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tecmo Super Bowl Predicts AFC Title Game
Last week, Tecmo Super Bowl accurately predicted a Bengals victory in Nashville.

This week?

Bengals - 38
Chiefs - 21

Burrow completes 70% for 252 yards and 5 TDs (1 rushing)
Mahomes is held to 37% for 134 yards and 2 TDs (1 rushing)

Both QBs throw 1 pick.

We struggle a bit with Helaire (63 rush yards, 2 TDs, key catches), but hold Tyreek Hill to 1 catch for 52 yards.

Chase has a field day with all 3 catches going for TDs and 125 yards.

Book your Super Bowl tickets now. It's a lock.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 01:05 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Book your Super Bowl tickets now. It's a lock.

Bro the cheapest seat is seven thousand dollars.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 01:28 AM)basballguy Wrote: Bro the cheapest seat is seven thousand dollars.

I posted the Tecmo Bowl prediction for the Titans game.

Not my fault if you didn't put several grand on the Bengals after that.

It was literally free money.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 01:28 AM)basballguy Wrote: Bro the cheapest seat is seven thousand dollars.

Gimme a sec to rummage through my couch cushions. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

(01-24-2022, 01:53 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I posted the Tecmo Bowl prediction for the Titans game.

Not my fault if you didn't put several grand on the Bengals after that.

It was literally free money.

(01-24-2022, 01:54 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Gimme a sec to rummage through my couch cushions. 

Welp.... guess I gotta get back to work and make that money.

[Image: b373ae1c4e415dc202a52f53e5d0997c.jpg]

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 01:05 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Last week, Tecmo Super Bowl accurately predicted a Bengals victory in Nashville.

This week?

Bengals - 38
Chiefs - 21

Burrow completes 70% for 252 yards and 5 TDs (1 rushing)
Mahomes is held to 37% for 134 yards and 2 TDs (1 rushing)

Both QBs throw 1 pick.

We struggle a bit with Helaire (63 rush yards, 2 TDs, key catches), but hold Tyreek Hill to 1 catch for 52 yards.

Chase has a field day with all 3 catches going for TDs and 125 yards.

Book your Super Bowl tickets now. It's a lock.

While I approve of this message, how does PMII get held to 37%? Even in fantasy land of video games, that number seems absurdly low.
Reply/Quote

My son doesn't need to go to college in the future right?
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 02:16 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: My son doesn't need to go to college in the future right?

Nah he'll be alright

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 02:17 AM)Bryan Wrote: Nah he'll be alright

Well my wife did say she wanted to get me a birthday gift....
Reply/Quote

(01-24-2022, 01:54 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Gimme a sec to rummage through my couch cushions. 

Checking bank account:

[Image: drama-queen-wallet.gif]
Reply/Quote
I would feel like such a fool to spend that kind of money on super bowl tickets. I’d have to be a multi millionaire to even consider it. Spending money on game tickets for a regular game would feel like a waste of money. The view is so good from the tv that I don’t see the point. Glad to see the stands full in Cincy tho as the crowd definitely plays a part.

How does this techmo simulation work? Does it use the current rosters and who decides how to rate the players? I was thinking it’s an outdated game with rosters that aren’t updated.

I predict a close one that comes down to the wire. I’m sticking with my preseason prediction of the rams from the nfc as well, but would rather play the 9ers.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 02:37 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I would feel like such a fool to spend that kind of money on super bowl tickets. I’d have to be a multi millionaire to even consider it. Spending money on game tickets for a regular game would feel like a waste of money. The view is so good from the tv that I don’t see the point. Glad to see the stands full in Cincy tho as the crowd definitely plays a part.

How does this techmo simulation work? Does it use the current rosters and who decides how to rate the players? I was thinking it’s an outdated game with rosters that aren’t updated.

I predict a close one that comes down to the wire. I’m sticking with my preseason prediction of the rams from the nfc as well, but would rather play the 9ers.

It just hits different. I could see the value in paying $7000 if I owned my own house and wasn’t paying student debts among other things, but if I was more settled yeah I’d definitely consider it. Then again you have to add travel and hotel costs to all that by the end of it probably going to set you back 10k
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 02:41 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: It just hits different. I could see the value in paying $7000 if I owned my own house and wasn’t paying student debts among other things, but if I was more settled yeah I’d definitely consider it. Then again you have to add travel and hotel costs to all that by the end of it probably going to set you back 10k

Yeah I’d just rather invest the money and watch from home. That 10k could easily 5x in a decade. If I was filthy rich and was into drinking/partying maybe that would change things.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 02:15 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: While I approve of this message, how does PMII get held to 37%? Even in fantasy land of video games, that number seems absurdly low.

Our coverage was incredible. We also sacked him several times.

(01-24-2022, 02:37 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I would feel like such a fool to spend that kind of money on super bowl tickets. I’d have to be a multi millionaire to even consider it. Spending money on game tickets for a regular game would feel like a waste of money. The view is so good from the tv that I don’t see the point. Glad to see the stands full in Cincy tho as the crowd definitely plays a part.

A site called TecmoBowl.org updates the rosters every year. They've been doing it for years. They're programmers and huge football fans.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 02:50 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Yeah I’d just rather invest the money and watch from home. That 10k could easily 5x in a decade. If I was filthy rich and was into drinking/partying maybe that would change things.

You don’t need to be filthy rich just financially solvent. And also see the worth in such an expenditure which I can certainly understand not seeing.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 02:16 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: My son doesn't need to go to college in the future right?

Come to Europe it's free.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 06:52 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Come to Europe it's free.

There is a free Super Bowl in Europe?
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 08:24 AM)Nately120 Wrote: There is a free Super Bowl in Europe?

College Nate...
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 11:00 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: College Nate...

I'm just "in debt Nate" now...college Nate hasn't existed for quite a while. 
Reply/Quote

LOL I'l take four and give them a piece of paper with an IOU on it.
Reply/Quote