Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ted Cruz dodges question about whether he's 'always been faithful' to his wife...
(04-02-2016, 10:03 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I believe there are a few unique qualities, but most of a person's makeup is parroted from family, friends, education, and pop culture.

That is like saying every painting is the same because they are all made up of the same three primary colors.
(04-02-2016, 03:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I thought this might ad top the side bar:

http://verdantlabs.com/politics_of_professions/

Sorta fits what I would assume. For instance Psychiatrists are disproportionately liberal while Neurosurgeons are strongly conservative.

I want to thank you for this, it is very interesting. A lot of neat information there.
(04-03-2016, 09:44 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I want to thank you for this, it is very interesting. A lot of neat information there.

I find it interesting that this source shows "engineering" to be a liberal profession while most other sources I have seen claim most engineers are conservative.
(04-03-2016, 10:12 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I find it interesting that this source shows "engineering" to be a liberal profession while most other sources I have seen claim most engineers are conservative.

You should look at the breakdowns of each one. They provide more insight into it and when you look at that you can see how it makes sense. I think what is typically thought of as an engineer may not include all of those in the category.
(04-03-2016, 09:44 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I want to thank you for this, it is very interesting. A lot of neat information there.

It is interesting and I was surprised to see that my chosen field (in general) is occupied by more liberals than conservatives.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]